Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blondegirl21

ACCUTANE- Does everyone pay a grip for blood tests

Is that how much they cost? Wow, that's crazy. Extra costs like that make me happy that I'm Canadian because the gov't covers our health care. For someone who doesn't have insurance, the Accutane treatment must cost thousands of dollars. If I was American I'd be broke and in major debt, I'm on tane for the third time. I really take my situation for granted.

Is that how much they cost?  Wow, that's crazy.  Extra costs like that make me happy that I'm Canadian because the gov't covers our health care.  For someone who doesn't have insurance, the Accutane treatment must cost thousands of dollars.  If I was American I'd be broke and in major debt, I'm on tane for the third time.  I really take my situation for granted.

At least the pills are free, that's such a relief. I have great benefits at my part time job and my Accutane is free as well, thank goodness.

Doesn't it suck having to do this again? I figured that I would never have to deal with acne ever again. Well I hope your treatment goes well if you decide to take Accutane again. Good Luck.

Wow! ( shock.gif ) I do not have to pay anything for the blood test, I just pay my $25. co-pay to my derm for my appointment every month and $10. co-pay for my Accutane, so $35. is great for me! I was thinking about it and was mad that I had to pay $25. to see the derm every month, I guess that I am lucky and have good benefits and insurance... eusa_dance.gif I guess that makes me like my job even more! biggrin.gif

Hey there,

I'm in the study, and I'm 'new' to this particular board.  I was on the old board way back when Dan was first getting his BPgel fixed up and ready for retail.  I was one of the first people to purchase it when it was finally all ready.  But then in November of '03 I became pregnant, and all my skin problems went away...which was very nice!  :-)  And that's why I didn't come on here for so long...I had no need to. 

Anyhoo...besides one bout of cystic acne that lasted a few months (in the fall of '02), I've not had terrible skin problems.  The cysts left some scarring which I would LOVE to be rid of.  But mainly, I'm interested in the protein drops because the people using them have said how much better their complexion looks.  Having the scars fill in would be awesome, but just having healthier-looking skin would be in and of itself pretty cool! 

So there you have it.  I suppose I could be called an old newcomer.  :-

joy

P.S. Oh, and I had a baby girl...Alexis Joy...

[attachmentid=447]

isn't she adorable?  rolleyes.gif Sorry...I'm a relatively new mom...

I have a group plan which also like some sort of HMO EPO thing and I guess that lowers the costs somehow, I work for one of the largest banks in "America" so I guess that lowers my costs too cuz there are more employees, but I have Aetna for health and Carmark (thru Aetna) for my prescriptions. No Complaints with them this far.

With Aetna you can go to their websit and it will show what they cover and stuff, I hope that they cover it for you! Saves $$$$ for sure!

At least the pills are free, that's such a relief.  I have great benefits at my part time job and my Accutane is free as well, thank goodness.

Doesn't it suck having to do this again?  I figured that I would never have to deal with acne ever again.  Well I hope your treatment goes well if you decide to take Accutane again.  Good Luck.

Wow! ( shock.gif ) I do not have to pay anything for the blood test, I just pay my $25. co-pay to my derm for my appointment every month and $10. co-pay for my Accutane, so $35. is great for me!  I was thinking about it and was mad that I had to pay $25. to see the derm every month, I guess that I am lucky and have good benefits and insurance... eusa_dance.gif  I guess that makes me like my job even more! biggrin.gif

My blood tests have been covered 100% by my insurance. All I pay is the co-pay for the visit to the derm and my RX. Good thing, too, because my blood work has been running over $180.00.