Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Greenway

Smoothbeam and Refinity.. Now what??

Hi,

I have scaring on my chin. I would call them indents. They look terrible, and my skin has kind of a wrinkle to it. I have had two smoothbeam treatments and one refinity peel, which I did last night. I have very little flaking. Does anyone have advice. Should I do the TCA peel? I am 24 years old female, and so sick of my skin! Thanks!

Just a word of caution if you are going to do another peel. (I am currently in my 3rd day of one) Skin cells turn over approx every 36 days. If you are going to do a medium to deep peel try and keep them this many days apart so you don’t damage your skin.

For the scarring, I don’t know, that is the next leg of my journey biggrin.gif . I can tell you this though after clearing up the redmarks and such the scars seem more pronounced. Not because they are deeper I think but because the other blemishes are gone and they become the focal point.

thanks for the replying!!

I didn't know that it takes that long for skin cells to turn over. So are you saying that, the skin will continue to slough off for about a month? Thus hopefully seeing more results??

Oh and BTW, I completely agree. Once my skin was clear of the blemishes, all I could see were the scars, which makes me wonder if they were always there? You should see how closely I look at old pictures now. eusa_angel.gif

thanks for the replying!!

I didn't know that it takes that long for skin cells to turn over. So are you saying that, the skin will continue to slough off for about a month? Thus hopefully seeing more results??

Oh and BTW, I completely agree. Once my skin was clear of the blemishes, all I could see were the scars, which makes me wonder if they were always there? You should see how closely I look at old pictures now. eusa_angel.gif

hi i have a question about smooth beam... i just finished my first treatment last month and my 2nd will be nxt week. i have alot of pimples and a few acne scars before the treatment but after my 1st treatment i dont see any improvement at all i still breakouts and what i hate about is it left a purple horizontal lines marks in my cheeks it really looks terrible thats why im scared to have a 2nd treatment again but the problem is i already pay it full they said no refund i paid for 4 session..it's been a month now but the purple mark it still there and my esthetician told me its normal coz i'm asian and there's a possibility for hyperpigmentation she said i should wait after the 4 treatment and it will disappear..but i guess it's not true..she was convincing me to get a microdermabrasion too..i dont know what will be the best treatment for me. do you think i should continue my treatment even it leaves a hyperpigmentation..it too bad.. pls give me an advice

janix,

It sounds like u had some bruising with smoothbeam but i'm not 100% sure?...what i would do in your case is call them up and tell them about it and ask if u can postpone your next treatment until it goes away. I have had 4 smoothbeams and nothing like that happened to me...my face was a tad swollen and a bit red... but that was gone by the next day...my treatments were once a month and my last treatment was in November/04 ...my scars remain but what i have noticed is less oily skin and if i break out, it is not as bad....on the main page, if u scroll down, you'll see a white box, it says "keywords" bottom left where u can type in "smoothbeam" to read of many people's experience and their results with this treatment.

Hope that helps! eusa_angel.gif

EH Girl: The smoothbeam did nothing for your scars? I agree it has helped with my break outs. Now when I do break out It's one instead of a whole army, and it's small. But you saw no improvement with your scars??sad.gif

Greenway,

Hi!...i still have scars!...very little improvement as far as my scars are concerned.... smoothbeam has helped my skin condition which may have improved the look of scarring...alas, the indents r still there. wink.gif

Any idea what I should do about these indents? They look horible in the day light and makeup is not doing it. Will they eventually go away? I just ordered the 302 drops yesterday, maybe they will help?? confused.gif

It may take more than one remedy to improve scars....i'm using hyaluronic acid right now so i'm no candidate for 302 drops...keep us posted as to what the drops do for u.

eusa_angel.gif

For the scarring, I don’t know, that is the next leg of my journey  biggrin.gif .  I can tell you this though after clearing up the redmarks and such the scars seem more pronounced.  Not because they are deeper I think but because the other blemishes are gone and they become the focal point.

ehgirl

thanks for your reply..well i already talked to them and the medical group told me its normal to have a hyperpigmentation during the treatment but i still dont belived them they just don't wanna admit that its there fault and i'm an asian they should know what the setting thats right for me to prevent this hyperpigmentation...i'm already scared to get my nxt treatment and they don't want my money back..my face looks awful even i puts some make-up to conceal the marks it still there.i just want my face back before the smoothbeam treatment and my money ofcourse..

It may take more than one remedy to improve scars....i'm using hyaluronic acid right now so i'm no candidate for 302 drops...keep us posted as to what the drops do for u.

eusa_angel.gif

Avelon,

302 protein drops in this forum, is supposedly the 'latest craze" lol ....read all about it'.....perhaps a topical solution for what we've all been waiting for...but ..u be the judge!

smile.gif

EH Girl,

Hi, did your smoothbeam treatments tighten up your skin at all? I'm asking because, I feel that my skin is loosing it elasticty??? I don't know, I think I see something new every day!! eusa_wall.gif

Hi Greenway,

Yes, my skin has tightened up some with smoothbeam....which is why my skin tone looks better than before. cool.gif