Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i started the pill about a month and half ago.. and apart from turning me into a big sook, its been great in slowing down my acne.. i used to get cysts every single month without fail and because they took so long to go away it seemed like i just had them all the time..

i went off my usual antibiotics (which did jackshit anyway) and now im only on the pill and using skin creams etc.. so far so good.. touch wood... now im just left with an old lump thats going no where, a few small nothing pimples and some shitty red marks that ive had for months..

i was about to start roaccutane but hope i can give it a miss now!..

im really starting to think getting hormones under control is the key to getting rid of acne.. and all the drugs in the world that prevent bacteria from growing etc just burn out your insides and really never properly get rid of the problem..

apart from roaccutane i reckon ive tried every single drug possible!..

just wondering how many of you are on the pill and still experiencing problem skin?.. or if the pill has helped you?..

i started the pill about a month and half ago.. and apart from turning me into a big sook, its been great in slowing down my acne.. i used to get cysts every single month without fail and because they took so long to go away it seemed like i just had them all the time..

i went off my usual antibiotics (which did jackshit anyway) and now im only on the pill and using skin creams etc.. so far so good.. touch wood... now im just left with an old lump thats going no where, a few small nothing pimples and some shitty red marks that ive had for months..

i was about to start roaccutane but hope i can give it a miss now!..

im really starting to think getting hormones under control is the key to getting rid of acne.. and all the drugs in the world that prevent bacteria from growing etc just burn out your insides and really never properly get rid of the problem..

apart from roaccutane i reckon ive tried every single drug possible!..

just wondering how many of you are on the pill and still experiencing problem skin?.. or if the pill has helped you?..

I think it depends a lot on which pill you are taking. They are all different and affect your hormones differently. I was taking LoEstrin for three years and I didn't find it improved my skin at all. The only thing it did do was make my acne constant where before it fluctuated with my cycle.

I've been on Diane twice. The first time it cleared me out completly. Now, after a year of taking it, I'm not totally clear. The pill is supposed to clear acne by an average of 50% (sometimes more, sometimes less). My doctor added spironolactone to make the anti-acne effect of the pill more efficient. Which pill are you on?

I've been on the pill (ortho-cyclen) for a month now. My acne is drastically improved! I have only one active pimple on my chin right now- my forehead, right cheek, and left cheek (except for red marks) are all completely clear!!! It's amazing! I have never had anything work this well for me ever. The only problems I had with this pill was being slightly depressed for the first week I used it ( I felt like I was on the verge of tears constantly)- but now I feel 100 times better.......I actually feel happier than I've been in a while.

Also, even though a lot of people complain of water retention on the pill, I actually feel like I have lost weight- my calves feel less thick- they always felt a little swollen before. So, it clears skin, makes you lose weight, and makes you feel good about youself....

I have no plans of going off it any time soon!!!!!!

I mentioned this in another Pill thread, but I was on the Pill and it helped like 98%! Seriously, it was great(I could wear tank tops! eusa_dance.gif ). I think you should not do accutane right now, because it will take another few months for the pill to show it's true effects on your acne...yep, it will probably get better cool.gif At least that's what I noticed for me, it took more then a month to totally kick in. I went off the pill though because it totally killed my sex drive sad.gif But hopefully that won't happen with you guys! And no, I didn't gain/lose any weight on it.

I use Retin-a Micro and OTC. This combo has been AWESOME for me. The RAM takes care of all the ugly black/whiteheads and the OTC keeps the big red monsters from coming up at that wonderful time of the month.

Don't get me wrong, I still get a pimple or two once in awhile, but they're SMALL and barely noticeable. Plus, they go away super fast.

Unfortunately, I scarred a bit because of the intial breakout I got from RAM, but I'm looking into laser treatments to diminish their appearance. At any rate, the acne was way worse than the scars are now!!

Hey! I've used Ortho-Tri Cyclen for like 6 years now... never noticed a difference in my acne from using it. Not better, not worse. I've thought about switching over to a different brand, but since OTC is good for my mood swings, I'm kind of reluctant. I'm also on Accutane right now.

I've long believed that my acne is almost exclusively hormonal (I get bad breakouts the week before my period), so if I continue to get bad hormonal breakouts I'll probably switch to Diane after.

Glad it's working for you!!

Mae

Which pill are you on? I’m currently taking Yasim which contains twenty-five milligrams of Spironolactone: a hormone often used to prevent acne. However, I am on Accutane and additional vitamins and supplements so I can’t say for sure what is working but my skin is clear (although red).

I am really happy that you bypassed taking Roaccutane just because the side effects are so annoying and it does do a number on your body.

As an aside, Vitamin B helps to regulate hormones as well so picking up a bottle might help you move your progress along. (Sorry, I fear I’m becoming one of those irritating supplement/vitamin people – ugh! I sound like my father!) eusa_wall.gif

I'm onto my third month of Triphasil, and my skin is at its worst. I have this crazy tendency now to breakout pretty badly along my right jaw and hairline. Its not because of the phone or pillow....it just started a bit after I began this new pill. I don't recommend Triphasil either, becuase I have also noticed some other bad side effects.

I hear Diane 35 is suppose to be very successful with helping acne. Though, I'm not sure its a reliable form of birth control. Yes, it may prevent the rare pregnancy, but I'm very sure Diane is to treat the skin. The best thing to do is talk to your doctor about it. I also hear a lot of good things about Yasmin.

I've been taking Dianette/Diane 35 for about 4 years now, with a horrible two month break, a few months ago.

Before I started on Dianette, I used to get acne on my chest aswell as cystic acne on my face. I've never had either since I've been on Dianette.

I've took other bcps (Marvelon, Mycrogynon 30, Brevinor & Depo Provera shot), which have had no effect on my skin at all and they all made me feel awful aswell.

Dianette is the only bcp I've really been happy with. It didn't clear my skin completely, the first time I took it, but it improved it alot. This time, I'm almost clear (apart from the odd little pimple and the red marks left from previous acne)

I hear Diane 35 is suppose to be very successful with helping acne. Though, I'm not sure its a reliable form of birth control. Yes, it may prevent the rare pregnancy, but I'm very sure Diane is to treat the skin.

I have been on both Dianne and Yasmin. Dianne worked the best but there was too much water retention a week leading up to my period. Yasmin is nearly as good but no retention. Before I took it I had terrible back/body acne. It has cleared it 99%.

I am going to have a baby this year and am dreading coming off it, as it was the only thing that helped my cyst type acne.

Tracey