Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pika

First acne, now hair on my nose

I get these rather large noticable black hairs coming out of the top of my nose where my skin is evening out, their like the size of chin hair when you first get it... Omfg what can I do?

Pls don't pluck those hairs. It hurts like hell, and you'll be like "wtf" when you yank off the tweezer and still see the hair there :/

Hmm, their has to be something that is known to be safe. I don't think im the only one with this condition.

Nair is a hair removal product. I heard bad things about it tho so I dunno.... if you want to you can try it and tell us if it was effective lol.

I dun think I would pluck it. I have some tiny hairs on my nose too but I just let it be. If you start plucking it they will grow back longer and soon it will be a real bitch to deal with. If its not that bad right now just leave it alone. And if you have the money go get some laser hair removal.

Omg don't use nair on your face!!!!! That would probably really aggrevate your acne. There also is a chance you could be allergic to it and that would be even worse. Try shaving or plucking first. I'm allergic to nair- I tried it once on my legs and I broke out in the worse rash and acne everywhere. I actually got scars from it.

Thanks for all the replies guys, appreciate it. How much would one of those laser places run my wallet?

LOL, you know this was a problem that developed for me AFTER I changed my diet. Now in all fairness I quickly discovered that it developed for me because I was eating MORE Trans fats than I was before my diet (I love butter popcorn). So I did several experiments and every time I would consume foods that had trans fats (all other ingredients were safe) My pores would get larger and my nose and the 1 inch area around my nose (would start growing hairs.

So this is also another reason why I stay far away from trans fats (hydrogenated oils, partially hydrogenated oils). They can increase your Insulin Resistance and thus IGF-1 content (needed for hair growth) which has also been found to be increased by MSG, Caffiene, Whey (dairy products), Soy and so this is why I stay away from those ingredients (soy occassionally as 100% soy sauce). It takes about 2 weeks to resolve once you stop consuming the Trans fats but my pores shrink down to the smallest they've been since puberty and those hairs fall out!

HTH ;-)

i totally agree with SweetJade. The moment i changed my diet, the thinner and less prominent the size of the hair follicle and less places that grew in parts of my body. I would suddenly get a thick hair follicle here and there and I could not explain why it would happen. Also on my nose. Diet has alot to do with it.

They can increase your Insulin Resistance and thus IGF-1 content (needed for hair growth) which has also been found to be increased by MSG, Caffiene, Whey (dairy products), Soy and so this is why I stay away from those ingredients (soy occassionally as 100% soy sauce)