Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm actually reading this book right now, and it does make some sense. His "cure" basically consists of the same thing Dan recommends (washing, bp am and pm) but he also adds glycolic acid as a step after washing (with a salicylic acid wash), and also icing the acne to "open pores" and "reduce inflammation."

I know this link is from a while ago, but hopefully someone looks up this book like I did. There's more to the book than just "the cure" though. It's also about how to just take care of your skin and protect it in general so you won't get acne in the first place. Also Dan talks about zinc supplements on here I know, but the author of "the acne cure" also mentions a couple other proven to help vitamins like B complex, alpha lipoic acid, C, L-Carnitine, and more.

I'm not saying this book is an amazing read or anything, but I feel like the guy has some valid points that he has backed up with scientific research, so if you're feeling studious I'd check it out form your local library (that's what i did) (although I didn't exactly love picking it up and having the woman behind the desk look at me in a oh...yeah she does need this book manor. oh well!)