Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For those people who just grew out of acne, how did it happen? did one day did you just stop breaking out or was it a gradual thing? Did you breakout less and less for a period until it finally went away? I'm 18 now and have had acne since 13, so I'm hoping I will just grow out of it soon. I have nothing to compare myself to because my parents didnt have acne and also no one else in my family.

I really hope you do grow out of acne soon..

But many people don't grow out of it in their late teens. I had acne since I was 13. I'm almost 29 now and still have it.

But lots of people do grow out of it too

My older brother had crapped up face when he was in his teens, so bad he wouldn't take pics at all :'( I'm luckier than him, I have mild-moderate. I asked him when he cleared up, and he said while he was 19 (as in no acne, clear as a baby's ass face, red marks gone etc.) I suppose his face started to calm down by not producing so much sebum etc. which lead to less clogged pores = less acne. Plus he's one hell of a lazy ass, he washes his face like twice a week(!!!). I'm going to stop washing my face. biggrin.gif

My older brother had crapped up face when he was in his teens, so bad he wouldn't take pics at all :'( I'm luckier than him, I have mild-moderate. I asked him when he cleared up, and he said while he was 19 (as in no acne, clear as a baby's ass face, red marks gone etc.) I suppose his face started to calm down by not producing so much sebum etc. which lead to less clogged pores = less acne. Plus he's one hell of a lazy ass, he washes his face like twice a week(!!!). I'm going to stop washing my face. biggrin.gif

It varies hugely..

Some people never have a problem.. some grow out of it in their late teens/20s.. some don't even get it until their 20s/30s.. some don't 'grow out of it' until their 30s or 40s.. some never grow out of it