Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is your opinion?

Did one or both of your parents have acne?

Do you hear stories about how they once suffered with acne?

Or is it the complete opposite, and they are baffled at the condition of your skin?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both my parents had their occasional breakouts, but from what I hear, neither of them had it the way I suffer from it. I have looked at pics of them when they were my age, and nothing!

I try my hardest to figure out why i'm breaking out, and how I can stop it. I try to take care of myself the best way I can, but nothing seems to be working.

And this does not seem to be something I inherited from my parents.

How about you???

Both of my parents had clear skin, no acne. My acne got worse after I took depo provera...but I had started to get it mildly when I was about...19 or 20 doubt.gif I'm better now that I'm on the pill...

I'm not sure if it's a genetic thing...I don't think so, though.

What is your opinion?

Did one or both of your parents have acne?

Do you hear stories about how they once suffered with acne?

Or is it the complete opposite, and they are baffled at the condition of your skin?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both my parents had their occasional breakouts, but from what I hear, neither of them had it the way I suffer from it. I have looked at pics of them when they were my age, and nothing!

I try my hardest to figure out why i'm breaking out, and how I can stop it. I try to take care of myself the best way I can, but nothing seems to be working.

And this does not seem to be something I inherited from my parents.

How about you???

Its the same thing with my family. And it sux. Why us???? What makes it hard too, is because my parents didn't have a similar problem to me, so they can't relate. And I really don't think that they can understand the daily pain I go through. It will be sooo different when I have children. If any of them have a problem, i'm going to be there to help them beat it. I think it would break my heart a much as it would my kids if they have a problem. Just because I know that pain.

Yeah, my parents have been helpful when I said I wanted to get help and stuff, but they don't understand how crushing it is....they always say, it's not that bad and there could be worse things happening to you....you can't even notice the scars, and it's on the inside taht counts (I'm serious man, that's what my mom always says)...i just wish i didn't have to think about acne every fucking god damn day....

sorry, I'm just really depressed about my skin right now. I have good days and then bad days where I just look at my face and I feel so crushed...I wish I just got bloody pimples and not the scars that they leave. Scars are my biggest problem. cry.gifcry.gif

Scars are the shit. I tend to scar on the sides of my face the most. I'm testing out the glycolic acid....its been a week now, and it seems to be slowly helping. Apparently AHA's are suppose to be good for that sort of thing.

It sucks how a stupid skin problem can bing u so far down, and can ruin your entire day, even life.

So sick of trying to cover it up every day, its just a huge pain in the ass.

Scars are the shit. I tend to scar on the sides of my face the most. I'm testing out the glycolic acid....its been a week now, and it seems to be slowly helping. Apparently AHA's are suppose to be good for that sort of thing.

It sucks how a stupid skin problem can bing u so far down, and can ruin your entire day, even life.

So sick of trying to cover it up every day, its just a huge pain in the ass.

Well when it comes to sunlight, my concern is the bumps showing. Don't worry about the scars hun. Just stick on a mini skirt and a low cut top and no one will notice. lol No, I don't really recommend that....especially if your living in a cold climate like myself. haha

Even if u lack confidence about yourself, or at least in your skin.....just pretend like its your least worry. Thats what I try to do. Walk with my head up, and act like life is peachy king! (o:

Neither of my parents had acne, occasionally a pimple here and there but nothing as bad as mine. Although I do have a cousin that had even worse acne then I do eusa_think.gif

yeah both of my parents never had acne, and even all my cousins dont have it! and both of my bros dont have it either! they get like a couple of pimples rarely but i had to get it bad like 1 year ago but then i took some antibiotic and it cleared me up a lil! i hope i grow out of it soon! it doesnt make sense that im the only one in the family who got it! hopefully ill be perfect as them soon

hmmm my parents both have acne.. i got the acne.. boo =( i wish there was a way to figure out if there's such thing as an 'acne' gene and get rid of it so it doesn't get passed down =P

My dad had horrible acne...like all over his body too

My mom just had the occasional pimple

Im closer to my mom...i have very mild acne...

My brother has it worse, still less than my dad had it tho

Idunno if its genetic....hm eusa_think.gif