Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mel5058

Punch Excision update

You will not believe why. They wanted to take before and after photos. I understand the logic behind this. Then I asked if I could have copies of the photos. They gave me a very hard time about this. I argued that this would be considered part of my medical records and I should be entitled to a copy. Well...after arguing 15 minutes with the office mgr about this, they tell me I have gone over my "alloted time"!! I had to wait 1.5 hours for the doctor last time. Now I have gone 15 minutes late. So I argued again. I took a week off from work and had to mentally prepare for this and took a tranquilizer I was so nervous. Then, after consulting with the doctor, said the doctor patient trust has been violated and that the doc felt I did not trust him and would never do the procedure on me!! All because I wanted a copy of the pictures. I was so mad.

Then I said how could the doctor patient trust be violated as I have not even spoken to the doctor today and asked to see him. They refused saying he was with another patient. Then they would call me back later, I think in order to avoid a possible scene.

I was so upset I cried all day. I wanted to get this done before I wedding I am in at the end of May as I am self conscious of how I will look.

So now I am seeing another doctor. So hard to find ones that actually do this. He also does something called dermagrafting, anyone hear of this?

OMG! don't want to be disrespectful but what were you thinking. The ends will justify the means. Keep the images in your head who cares about hard copy. A doc took a photo of my face at the consultation and i didn't even go through with the procedure.

I have heard of dermagrafting or dermarestructuring. It is one of those fancy terms. My doc used similar wording describing a fat transfer + laser combo.