Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

yeah i just wanna say proactiv sux! back like a year and a half ago when i was 16 ( i just turned 18 now) I had almost perfect skin. i would never almost

wear make up and people use to comment to me on how great my skin looked. i mean i still would break out ( in random places)like my nose.. and i had mild acne

and it was really annoying ~my mom ordered proactiv for her self and i would use it all the time to. while i was using it i NEVER broke out worse and it kept my acne under control thenn after a few moths i stopped using it cuz i was going broke. then after i stopped little by little my skin go worse and worse and stuff that i used before proactiv that use to work now makes me break out. my skin became immuned to that stupid proactiv crap . and my skin always felt like build up.

. i should of never messed with it. if you use it at first u may think its the greatest thing ever! trust me its not! its builds up in your skin and in the long run makes your skin worse. just look at britney spears ..proactiv was her "zit zapping mirical"

remember?... look at her skin now. .. theres proof. and now

i cant even leave the house now with out wearing 10 pounds of make up to cover all these friggin zits! im scared to wear my hair up because my face breaks out so much. and it all started with proactiv ! i had beautiful skin before! what the hell was my problem? i mean it was PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT but OMG i would GIve ANYTHING to have the skin i had a year ago! Trust me putting all that crap on your face isnt good! its all a gimick!!

anyways i was wondering even when my skin is semi-clear i still have what feels like zits forming UNDER my skin. its gross. how can i make that go away?? thanx...

Thats crazy! Just this past week my friend tried Proactiv and he got HUGE rashes all over his face, it looked like he rubbed incelation on his face and then took sand paper to it! It was horrible, honestly I haven't heard any positive things about it, except from Jessica Simpson.. wink.gif

yeah..i agree...proactive ruined my skin too. I can't believe I bought that crap!! I know this for a fact because I used to use proactive only on my cheeks and ever since I stopped my breakouts have been worse (cystic) in the areas I applied the stuff too.

ya i know. when i first started using it i had maybe 5 or 6 zits at the most! and while i was using it i thot it was great! now i must have like 20 zits on my face if not more plus i can feel build up under my skin and i have zits under my zits..uck!!! i cant belive i use to obsess about 3 little pimples i look at pictures from 10th grade ( almost 2 years ago) my skin looked soooo good. it was perfect. people use to tell me how beautiful my skin was. but i still did break out so i started using proactive in may of 2003 and through the summer. i used it up till about Oct. then i stopped. before i knew it my acne was 10 times worse than it was before proactiv!! it may seem good at first but its not for real!! proactiv sucks omg i wanna cry

omg i cant believe you have the same problem as me.. i used proactiv from feb - dec 2004and it ruined my skin.. i had some acne on my forehead before so i used proactiv and like it says on the bottle apply to whole face...thats what i did.. and now i have acne on my cheeks.. WTF?!!!! i barely had acne on my cheeks before! im soo pissed off ..if only i could turn back time i would have never touched it because it made my skin soo much worse!!!

for the last month or 2 i have been gradually decreasing everythign and i only use face wash and mosturizer and my forehead is clear.. but the stubborn cheek acne wont go away.. and i dont know what to do.. thankss proactiv! OOO and the red marks!!! i hate the red marks!

eusa_boohoo.gifeusa_wall.gif

i got proactiv bevause my skins was getting worse and worse...

the first 2 months, my skin was dry and irritated but it was clearing up.. however, it didnt help the nodular acne and black heads...

and finally, i just stopped using it because i found it to be a waste of money. then i started to break out like MAD CRAZY. everyone else that has used ProActiv told me they broke out when they stopped using it too.

I hate that crap. the only people it seems to work for is people without severe acne.

I think I must of use proactiv for nearly 3 years....I'm so stupid. I should of stop.... But I did and breakouts .....yuck...

Proactive was crap. It did nothing for me. How is it that they can have these hour long ads about how wonderful it is on tv when it did nothing that it said it would?

I hate proactiv. I think it's one big gimmick to get your money. 50 bucks for 3 tiny containers? pffff

It made my face so dry it was hard for me to even move it without it cracking. They always mention how it's supposedly 'gentle' and safe for sensitive skin...not.

Thats crazy! Just this past week my friend tried Proactiv and he got HUGE rashes all over his face, it looked like he rubbed incelation on his face and then took sand paper to it! It was horrible, honestly I haven't heard any positive things about it, except from Jessica Simpson.. wink.gif

I agree with you.Proactiv sucks ass, seriously.

I saw thier t.v. infomercial and was fooled by these so called "real people testimonials" about how much this product changed thier lives.Thats alot of bullshit.But I was stupid too so I ended up buying the Proactiv kit.The first time I used it I already noticed how much it stinks like hell.The strong smell really made me sick.The cleanser had small specks of shit embedded in there, so when I rubbed it on my face it felt like I was washing my face with sandpaper.Imagine using sandpaper and washing those bumpy acne filled with pus.Thats just stupid.Overall the product did nothing for me.Its a waste of money, and to this day it pisses me off to see that infomercial on t.v. and I cant help but wonder how many more people are being suckered into this shitty product.

I gotta admit I agree. I tried Proactiv two different times, several years apart, and bad results both times, my skin actually got worse than when I started it. I think, for me, the biggest problem was that gritty cleanser. It was way too rough, and believe it or not, those little grits would actually get into my skin, I had many zits that when they would pop these little perfectly oval-shaped tiny grits were in the center, I knew it was those cleanser beads. Bizarre, I know. And the price for those tiny bottles, is ridiculous. At least there are over-the-counter Proactive look-a-likes, for people who want to try it without spending an arm and a leg. But, overall, not an effective product line.

I gotta admit I agree. I tried Proactiv two different times, several years apart, and bad results both times, my skin actually got worse than when I started it. I think, for me, the biggest problem was that gritty cleanser. It was way too rough, and believe it or not, those little grits would actually get into my skin, I had many zits that when they would pop these little perfectly oval-shaped tiny grits were in the center, I knew it was those cleanser beads. Bizarre, I know. And the price for those tiny bottles, is ridiculous. At least there are over-the-counter Proactive look-a-likes, for people who want to try it without spending an arm and a leg. But, overall, not an effective product line.

it suxx big time..It was working for me like 1 week...then it ruined my skin afterward...I got my worst breakouts ever.....and got kick out of my parttime JOB!! sad..DON'T BUY IT!

I had a really nice golden skin tone like beyonce and proactive had made me darker during the usage of one month so I stoped completely YUCK! Thankfully my skin tone maches my neck again.

It's funny that you mention Jessica Simpson. It makes me so sick that the company pay her alot of money for her ask to "show us" the acne suffers how to use there useless products. I'll bet she doesn't use it at all.

Well it cleared my skin, to me it's what they say it is, it's a flawless program. Sorry to hear that guys, maybe check with a dermatologist first next time before you use products with Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also about the cleanser, it's one of the most gentle cleansers available, get your facts straight.

yeah i just wanna say proactiv sux! back like a year and a half ago when i was 16 ( i just turned 18 now)  I had almost perfect skin. i would never almost

wear make up and people use to comment to me on how great my skin looked. i mean i still would break out ( in random places)like my nose.. and i had mild acne

and it was really annoying ~my mom ordered proactiv for her self and i would use it all the time to. while i was using it i NEVER broke out worse and it kept my acne under control thenn after a few moths i stopped using it cuz i was going broke. then after i stopped little by little my skin go worse and worse and stuff that i used before proactiv that use to work now makes me break out. my skin became immuned to that stupid proactiv crap . and my skin always felt like build up.

. i should of never messed with it. if you use it at first u may think its the greatest thing ever! trust me its not! its builds up in your skin and in the long run makes your skin worse. just look at britney spears ..proactiv was her "zit zapping mirical"

remember?... look at her skin now. .. theres proof. and now

i cant even leave the house now with out wearing 10 pounds of make up to cover all these friggin zits! im scared to wear my hair up because my face breaks out so much. and  it all started with proactiv ! i had beautiful skin before! what the hell was my problem? i mean it was PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT but OMG i would GIve ANYTHING to have the skin i had a year ago! Trust me putting all that crap on your face isnt good!  its all a gimick!!

anyways i was wondering even when my skin is semi-clear i still have what feels like zits forming UNDER my skin. its gross. how can i make that go away?? thanx...

Hmmm, this is an interesting thread.

I am hesitent to believe that such a widely publicized and popular product would actually make acne worse. I mean, I can understand it not being extremely effective, but I doubt they would put a product out on the market that makes things worse.

However, I am also hesitent to not believe all these negative reviews. With such an overwhelmingly negative response, it leaves me extremely skeptical of this product.

Does ANYONE have any more positive reviews of this product, or is it as horrible as everyone says?!?!

Revolution i beg to differ. The proactive cleanser is very rough. Its not like st ives apricot scrub, but its its still very irritating. Its not evn that there were so many little sand thingies, its that they were very rough on teh skin.

I used it for about 2 monthes hoping it woulf get better. I had mild acne for about 3 years and wanted to do somethinga bout it. 2 monthses after i started proactive BAM severe acne which a half a year later am sill recovering from. I got about 30-40 pimples per cheeck every week.

I stopped immediately and wne ton differin which slwoyl helped it. Now im on mino and im clearing up.

I'm on ProActiv as well. For the first month or two I just put it on and expected results. Wrong. Now I combine it with drinking 2 liters of water a day, and following Dan's regimen with the ProActiv products. I'm pretty much clear except for a red spot from a cyst I got before starting ProActiv. The only negative thing I see from ProActiv is that it's bp based so the red marks you have won't clear up as fast.

Some things work for some people, and not for others. I changed my routine and it worked for me. I'm with Revolution on this one, there's way too many posts about how "my friend was on ProActiv and it totally wrecked his/her/its skin!!11!1!". I wouldn't believe the hype (both negative and positive), there are cheaper methods to get basically the same thing, but if you're willing to pay then ProActiv has (for me at least) worked.

- CaN 0