Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just got a girlfriend, about 3 weeks ago, and at the time I asked her out my acne was good. Now it is a lot worse. I feel very self conscious around her about it, and I hate it. I wear clothes with hoods to hide some of it from here. I think that it should clear up soon, but I am not sure. I told her that I had an allergic reaction to something and thats why my acne had gotten worse. I said it is just time before it got better (all of that was a lie). I just wanted her to not worry about it. She is really great, and I know that she would not break up with me over it, but I dont want her to have to go through this. She is to nice a person to worry about it, and even though everyone says its not about looks, many times it is. I just dont want her to feel bad at all about me. It keeps me up everynight thinking about her. I hate it.

She probably likes you regardless if your acne is "good" one day or "bad" the next. You're worrying about yourself too much. Take all of that energy your wasting on worrying and put it towards your gf and your relationship.

I just got a girlfriend, about 3 weeks ago, and at the time I asked her out my acne was good. Now it is a lot worse. I feel very self conscious around her about it, and I hate it. I wear clothes with hoods to hide some of it from here. I think that it should clear up soon, but I am not sure. I told her that I had an allergic reaction to something and thats why my acne had gotten worse. I said it is just time before it got better (all of that was a lie). I just wanted her to not worry about it. She is really great, and I know that she would not break up with me over it, but I dont want her to have to go through this. She is to nice a person to worry about it, and even though everyone says its not about looks, many times it is. I just dont want her to feel bad at all about me. It keeps me up everynight thinking about her. I hate it.

Guest OnlyJoe

i havent had a girlfriend in almost a year, even though my last girlfriend seemed like yesterday and she was gorgeous.

i got her number a few months ago and she wanted me to call but i didnt because i felt really insecure about my self..... eugh. i seriously need to get back in the game but the only girls i know are really friends. that means ive gotta push at some new relationship which is tough for someone with shattered confidence.

you got a girlfriend, count your blessings.

Tell her the truth and be a man about it. There's no point to lying. If she likes you she likes you. If she doesn't like you you can have perfect skin and she wouldn't care.

Put it this way, if she breaks up because of your acne, then she's not worth being together with. During my college days I had really bad acne yet I got a really cute gf. She never cared about the acne. It's like it never existed. Looking back, she was my favorite gf because I knew she really cared about me for who I am on the inside. Too bad we broke up few years later.... long story.

Love is much more than just having smooth skin. Treasure those that can see past your acne. smile.gif

Don't worry GettingThere, you can always sit with me at the losers table. razz.gif What? You say you're too good for me? Bleh, fine then! eusa_snooty.gif

Hey tell her the truth asdf. If she doesn't show the same interest in you after your bad days with acne because of the way you look, you should dump her. Be confident because you're great guy, acne doesn't mean shit. And if she can't see through the acne to the real you then she's shit, to put it bluntly.

I bet you shes just concerned with how you feel. How would you feel if your girlfriend said she was down about her face because she thought you didn't like it, but you did... wouldn't you feel bad that its hard for her to get past it?

And why are you saying things are about looks sometimes? Wrong approach man... What are you worried about? Just because shes "nice" and you have acne doesn't mean you're not worthy of her or anything.

The only problem is that you've already lied about why you feel the way you do, you should be honest in the future. She may get more upset over the fact that you lied to cover up how you feel than the skin condition itself.

Tell me what happens.

I agree with what everyone has said so far.

I've dated a few guys with acne and the only reason I wanted to break-up with one is because he was so self-conscious about it. He'd never look me in the eye and he was always trying to hide it. It got to much for me so it ended. What i'm trying to say here is that I honestly couldn't have cared if he had acne or not, it was the way he was dealing with it that was so unattractive. If you hold your head up and ACT like you don't care, I'm almost positive she won't.

i tell my girlfriend I dont want to hang out with her certain nights. She constantly asks me why and gets really upset. I eventually told her one time it was because my skin was really bad, she said i was being ridiculous- that didnt make me feel too good. It made me feel defensive that I had to prove to her my reason to be sad. But once she came over she proved to be that I never really had a reason and she made me feel alot better.

Just break down the barrier with her, and after she comforts you once it wont be a problem again.

I don't think they worry about it as much as you think man. I am definitly hoping that this amazingly cute girl I just met recently feels the same way towards me as I do towards her...but we'll see eusa_pray.gif

Hi V biggrin.gif

I mean honestly, do girls care about acne a lot? I have it just on my cheeks, which I am grateful for. But it has gottena lot worse, and I know that it is destroying myself confidence. After I was done with accutane about 7 months ago, I was so confident and knew i looked good, so i felt good. but now, i feel so shitty. i love my gf but at the same time dont want to be around her. eusa_think.gif maybe someday my acne will clear up, hopefully soon. thank you guys for understanding me, i wish the world did. i have seriously cried more in the last 2 weeks then ever in my life, like when i am alone every couple of days. sad.gif

I was suffering from depression. I didn't care about myself or about anything. I spent all day at home, asleep. I didn't eat much, I literally didn't do ANYTHING.

Then the girl of my dreams asks me out on the phone, we haven't seen each other since grade school but I make up some excuse of why I can't see her. The real reason was because I hated/HATE my physical appearance. I was afraid she'd puke and just leave after seeing me. So then I started improving my physical appearance and when I was at my clearest I asked her out and NOW SHE'S MARRIED. HA. I'm so stupid.

This is the only time anyone has ever asked me out, let alone talk to me. I've had depression since I was very young, maybe 13-14. I am now 22 and I do not speak to anyone. No one speaks to me and I don't go out, ever. I live alone and just go to class, come home, sleep and repeat. Sometimes I check if anything new is happening online. Everyday I regret not saying yes to her question. Sigh..

Don't worry about your acne, the best thing to do is to talk to her about it. Tell her how you feel and see how it goes from there. Don't wait, you will just keep losing confidence and making the relationship works.