Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

Feeling Really Tired and Thirsty All of the Sudden

Hi guys,

I thought you guys might have some opinions on this. The past 3 days i've been really thirsty. Usually, I don't drink much liquids at all. Maybe 2 glasses of water a day. I know it's really bad. Anyway, the past 3 days i've been really really thirsty. And, i'm feeling icky and super tired. What are your opinions? Oh yeah, I"m entering month 5 of tane

You really should drink some more! I would say water, but any liquid is better then nothing at all. Soda will dehydrate you more so that is not recommended but again it is better then nothing. Lately when I get dehydrated I drink a little water and it gets rid of the headache I get. I usually dink a lot of water though even before the Accutane but even on my prescription it says to drink plenty of water while taking this medicine. DRINK UP! biggrin.gif Cheers!

Guest Craigems

I drink 12 glasses give or take a day, i havent had a headache for about a year now. Also GO i get the dry mouth syndrome lol specially at night. .. read my "Dry mouth Zombie" post. Its got to do with tiredness as well as dry mouthedness (word? lol).

Yeah lol since starting tane I'm wayyyyyy more thirsty...

Like I got back from a run last night and drank probably 3 litres of water, and still felt thirsty.... at that point i realised it probably wasn't a good idea to drink anymore smile.gif

also my mouth is dry like urs craig... wonder if it has nething to do with the recent heat (in sydney)?

I don't think you need to worry about diabetes unless you're REALLY fatigued and dizzy and lightheaded. And if it happens after eating something rich in carbs or sweet sugars. I get that too - the dry mouth, and if incase you haven't heard me whining about it my whole treatment - I am ALLLLLLLLWAAAAAAAAAYS tired. smile.gif you're fine. rest up and drink lots!

Hey GO,

I get really really tired on the tane, more so in the 5th 6th month time than any others and i am always thirsty, dehydrated. I dont think it is diabetes. There are other symptoms for diabetes such as needing the loo all the time, being able to drink pints of water without stopping, major weight loss etc. I think its just a tane thing.

Hey, GO!!! You’re dehydrated. If you were heading towards diabetes, your blood work would have shown some indication and there is no way the doctor would have okay-ed you for an additional month.

I don’t think that you need to worry about your body not metabolizing the Accutane properly either. You’ve seen results. If your body wasn’t processing the drug, you wouldn’t see the results.

My advice is the same as above except I would also add something like Vitamin E or Evening Primrose Oil along with the water. I know you’re not big on taking any additional things but it might really help your body regain some of its natural moisture.

If you add drinking water into your daily routine, it will help. Here is what I do: When I wake up, I drink finish the glass of water from the night before while I’m getting ready. Drink a glass on the way into work in the morning. I sing while driving (and smoke - -don’t do that) to help dry out my throat and make me more thirsty. Around ten o’clock, I head to the vending machine and get a bottle of water to take all my vitamins and supplements with. Finish that before 12:00 when I head out for lunch and usually drink one large soda (bad). I have two more bottles of water before five o’clock and half a bottle on the ride home. When I get home, I drink grapefruit juice or milk (not together - - ew) and have half a glass or more before I go to bed. I also put lemon in the water I drink to help cleanse out my system but have to admit, it provides more taste as well.

Guest Craigems

Diabetes lol. I know i shouldnt laugh but dont forget this medication is like based on dryness.... Jess lil bit paranoid again lol smile.gif Its cool to know however.

GettingThere, i think your right... our humidity was gone for a while, and then came and then went at night... very strange. Think its 100% the weather! Went to the beach yesterday ... i though why not biggrin.gif OMG SALT WATER PLAYS HAVOC WITH ACNE PATIENTS ... dries your eyes out chronic... dries your lips out ... arrgghhh makes you even more thirsty lol smile.gif

Drink lots... try chewing gum heaps to stimulate saliva, and play twista.

You're laughing at me?!!? cry.gif

Diabetes lol. I know i shouldnt laugh but dont forget this medication is like based on dryness.... Jess lil bit paranoid again lol smile.gif Its cool to know however.

GettingThere, i think your right... our humidity was gone for a while, and then came and then went at night... very strange. Think its 100% the weather! Went to the beach yesterday ... i though why not biggrin.gif OMG SALT WATER PLAYS HAVOC WITH ACNE PATIENTS ... dries your eyes out chronic... dries your lips out ... arrgghhh makes you even more thirsty lol smile.gif

Drink lots... try chewing gum heaps to stimulate saliva, and play twista.

Guest Craigems

I love all the girls!!! ... not the guys. coz i'm not that way inclined .. but the guys are cool smile.gif

GO i especially love you coz i loved u first does that making loving love sense .. love. lol:P

I feel a lot of love on this thread. eusa_boohoo.gif lol.

I love all the girls!!! ... not the guys. coz i'm not that way inclined .. but the guys are cool smile.gif

GO i especially love you coz i loved u first does that making loving love sense .. love. lol:P

Thank the Lord I read on. I was worried that I was going to see the first Acne.Org break-up and since I love you both, it was traumatic for a while. Wooo! eusa_shifty.gif

My sister and my dad are both diabetics so I'm very aware of potential signs. My sister would wake up to go the bathroom 3 or 4 times a night and then be thirsty as all get out, and wouldn't want water she'd go and get a dr. pepper. This is a little gross but your urine will smelly weird too, because of the keytones...

Rae

Oh My God, i just posted another thread saying how the urine smells like ammonia. I haven't been drinking much water at all. I go for the pop??? Oh my God.

My sister and my dad are both diabetics so I'm very aware of potential signs. My sister would wake up to go the bathroom 3 or 4 times a night and then be thirsty as all get out, and wouldn't want water she'd go and get a dr. pepper.  This is a little gross but your urine will smelly weird too, because of the keytones...

Rae

Thank you so much Kat. And, I love long posts. So, any time you want to write another long one, be my guest. How has your treatment been so far? Are you feeling ok? Please keep us updated. As I mentioned in another thread, my breath doesn't smell like acetone but the pee pee does. I don't know why but i'm getting it checked out today.

Thanks again. Take care.

I am diabetic and on 'tane, I found when i started it that a became more thirsty than usual and had a drier mouth etc.  Here in wales you are tested for diabetes in your your monthly blood tests on 'tane. I am not sure how old you are but if you have been experiencing this for a while you would most likely to be type 2 diabetes and it is more commen in older people who r obese so if you  are not the chances are very low.

If it was type 1 (insulin dependant) it would come on very suddenly - i lost 2 1/2 stone in 10 days (it was great lol.gif) though seriously you would definatly know u would be too ill to move and it wuold eventually result in unconciousness if untreated so if you ever feel like that get yourself down to the doctors asap there are other signs which may help you such as your breath would smell of acetone like nail varnish remover (that is why i didn't get kissed for a while lol.gif), you would go to the toilet loads like atleast every hour, i also got blurry vision and you wouldn't want to eat a thing just drink.

If you are in doubt though go to the doctors - my family didn't know what it was just thought it was a bug or something and mow i have to take more insulin and stuff then i would have had they found out earlier

good luck

sorry this is such a long post

kat