Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cassadie

bone/muscle aches on Accutane??

Does anyone else suffer from bones hurting? I always have back pain (bad car accident) But since the past week I have been in pain, and I have not done anything like work out that should cause this. Only thing new in my life is the Accutane. eusa_dance.gif I did read that Accutane can cause these pains, but of course nothing I have read has said what to do for this pain or what to take, if I even can take anything. Any thoughts? eusa_think.gif

Thanks! I got some saline nose gel, the pharmacist recommended it to me for the bleeding. I also put a cool mist humidifier in my bedroom. I am also on 40mg a day. I will try the Tylenol, I was just worried to take something cuz of all the reading I have done and not to take any other antibiotics and stuff. I have kidney disease and had to stop taking my meds for that to go on Accutane, but all okayed by my dr.’s of course! Thank you for the advise smile.gif

pop advil and take warm baths. Thats what I do. I also have this sternum inflamation thingy - that I had pre-'tane and now that im on 'tane it still comes and goes like before but its soooo much worse. The advil will help!~

Guest Craigems

Try fish oil supplements, they are anti inflammetry for muscle tissue and a high sorce of Omega 3. I take them coz i life weights and it stops the aches you can get from lifting whilst on tane. I suggest you give them ago they are cheap! and it really really works smile.gif

There is Nothing like a nice warm bath smile.gif , however , my derm and the Accutane book that she gave suggested not to take even showers longer then 10min daily, cuz of how it will dry you out even more, there is no way that I can be in the shower for less then 10 min, no way. neutral.gif IS anyone else taking baths? If so are you getting dried out? I would really love to get in the hot tub, just worried that I will cause more damage to my skin.

I will try that fish oil Craig, thank you! biggrin.gif

Guest Craigems

Yeh ... my doctor told me, limit my showers 5mins each (2 a day) ... i was like okay ... and he's right i followed him and it also helped my skin bigtime smile.gif