Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lighteyes20

Eucerin moisturizer is way too oily!

my god- it does make the flaky's go away but it makes me so oily really fast and I can't deal with it. Any other suggestions? most break me out so it is a problem.

I use Lubriderm Oat Enriched moisturizer. It says New! on the front, and is non-comedogenic, so it shouldn't make you break out. It's very effective at hydrating the skin, and it doesn't make your face shiny or oily, it gives more of the matte look, I love the stuff.

I also have Vaseline Intensive Care, but I stopped using it when I discovered it doesn't say 'non-comedogenic' on it, and I've gotten fewer breakouts since, but it did do an amazing job of curing and preventing dryness.

can you post a link to the lubridem stuff please. I would like to know more about it...

As far as I know, it may make you feel oily sometimes.. however...

Just because it feels oily doesn't mean the acne bacteria will interact with it... it's not oil its moisurizer, there is a difference even if you can't feel the difference. At least this is how it seems.

I've used the Eucerin a lot too, in the beginning especially, I put way too much on sometimes and my forehead would get really "oily" feeling throughout the day, however, I've never actually broken out from using this moisturizer, despite it feeling like I am. Since then I've used lesser amounts and it doesn't feel oily anymore.

I'm not going to doubt those other moisturizers listed but I will doubt that the Eucerin Day moisturizer will break you out.

Eucerin got me oily only in the beginning. After using it for a couple of months, the oilyness has decreased. But i'm using dove's day cream with spf 15 now and i love it. I switched because Eucerin puts a layer on my skin like sunscreen, and whitens my face. It also doesn't absorb very well into my skin.

I used it as well, but only at night, because using it in the day never helped and always ended in tremendously oily skin, and if i didnt remove the oil my face would break out. It took me a week to get rid of the breakout caused by using it in the day time. There are many reasons, and this is one of them, why I only do the regimen at night, but I am still clear.