Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haroldandkumar

Anyone here grow out of it?

Don't know if you would be still reading here but was wondering if anyone just grew completely out of it. All i read is horror stories of people saying they started getting bad acne at 19 etc. I thought it was suppose to be going away by then not getting worse. I have had mild acne since like 13 and em almost 21 now, so basically like couple days a month my confidence is ruined by a zit then the rest of the month im fine. Anyways, i just want to know if there is any hope at a certain age it usually goes away, and then if anything after that is considered adult acne instead of puberty acne which is different. All i want to hear is one story of losing it completely by growing out of it not products. Cause a lot of the stories here are just depressing.

Don't know if you would be still reading here but was wondering if anyone just grew completely out of it.  All i read is horror stories of people saying they started getting bad acne at 19 etc.  I thought it was suppose to be going away by then not getting worse.  I have had mild acne since like 13 and em almost 21 now, so basically like couple days a month my confidence is ruined by a zit then the rest of the month im fine.  Anyways, i just want to know if there is any hope at a certain age it usually goes away, and then if anything after that is considered adult acne instead of puberty acne which is different.  All i want to hear is one story of losing it completely by growing out of it not products.  Cause a lot of the stories here are just depressing.

Don't know if you would be still reading here but was wondering if anyone just grew completely out of it.  All i read is horror stories of people saying they started getting bad acne at 19 etc.  I thought it was suppose to be going away by then not getting worse.  I have had mild acne since like 13 and em almost 21 now, so basically like couple days a month my confidence is ruined by a zit then the rest of the month im fine.  Anyways, i just want to know if there is any hope at a certain age it usually goes away, and then if anything after that is considered adult acne instead of puberty acne which is different.  All i want to hear is one story of losing it completely by growing out of it not products.  Cause a lot of the stories here are just depressing.

I agree with UK Guy...my acne got much worse in my late 30's, but I'm attributing it to the wrinkle treatment crap I was putting on my face. I'm finally about 99% clear (depending on the time of the month lol.gif ) since I've switched to an all-natural regimen.

Most people DO clear up after puberty, guys in their mid 20's and girls in their early 20's; however, a LOT of women continue breaking out because of cosmetics and hormones. A note to all: KEEP IT NATURAL! Learn from my mistakes! I won't even use a cleanser now, only baking soda. No BP or SA, only tea tree oil or apple cider vinegar. No moisturizer, only emu oil. I only use my all-natural cosmetics. My only downfall now is I'm a picker, so the tiniest little bump will become a huge mark because I make it that way!

By the way...my diet is crap...I drink tons of caffeine--coffee, tea, diet coke. I eat whatever--love Mexican food! I have had periods in my life when I thought I'd "clean up my act" and be healthier, and my face was just as bad. So, I can be one to say I don't really think diet has anything to do with acne. Eat what you want (within reason!), enjoy life, and try to keep your hands off your face!

Don't just wait to grow out of it!!! Not only is it really depressing, it's not good for your skin.

The reason some people have acne is that their dead skin cells don't get cleared away, get stuck in their pores and get infected. This is just the way they are, and it might not go away. You need to try different things until you find what works for you, and keep using it for meintenance (sp?) for a while after!

well most of the people here haven't grown out of their acne yet, so it's like trying to figure out how many people like football, and you go to a football game to do so

I'm not sure when you're supposed to grow out of acne, so do something about it! just don't push yourself too far and see what happens

if you only get one or two spots every month, then it sounds to me like you already have grown out of it. everyone gets the occasional spot, thats perfectly normal, and you shouldnt let that affect your confidence

I think I've grown out of it a little bit.

My acne is still mild but I haven't treated it with anything in over a year. I'm going to start doing it again though, honest. smile.gif

If anything I've grown in to it. At almost 29 I have full on acne where as when I was a teen it was just an occasional thing.

25 and still have it. Must admit its a hell of a lot better than it used to be, but then thats what i went on accutane for. Past 2 months have been pretty good - however i can not decide why. I started up minnocin again and also started the regimen at the same time. I want to give up the minnocin because i dont really like using it (im scared to come off it though). Ive been on minnocin on and off for the past 4/5 years and i dont really think its that healthy for me to keep taking it.

Also been eating loads of fruit, tried cleaning up my diet (have not drunk fizz since xmas.) although there are times when i do have a junk food binge.

Just got one major spot now, but thats clearing up now since being there about 5 days ago.