Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi

I would love to get hold of some 'Alpha Hydrox AHA enhanced lotion" but since im in the uk its tough sh*t.

I came accross these two products (the only two in fact i could find on a uk website) which seem to fill the criteria but im no expert and would love comments from anyone who could recommend them or not.

glycolic acid toner

and

acne blemish serum

The toner looks like something i would just wipe over my problem areas after cleansing before bed, as with the hydrox equivalent. And the acne serum sounds like it would really kick the crap outa my acne. Not sure.

What do you think?

thanks

Looks good but you can't compare the two.The North American one has 10% glycolic and the one you are talking about looks to only have like 3% or so or glycolic. THe rest seems to be lactic, malic, etc.... since glycolic is fifth on the list, it could be even less. It will definitely peel you, but different acids are good for different things. Salicylic acid clears pores, lactic mildly exfoliates, malic(not sure what it does), and glycolic loosens the bonds that are holding the skin on and clogging up the pores. The key to the Enhanced lotion I think is that it normalizes keratization, moreso than other acids.

Try this though.

well the toner (1st link) states its 10% glycolic which is prob the way to go. The acne stuff has all the other stuff so yeah probably isnt 10%. Think ill give the toner a try since i cant find anything else similar in the uk.

E-bay my friend. I feel your pain as many companies don't ship to Canada as well, it's as if for face products nothing passes through the border, even though customs allows the same thigns up here. Either that or they screw us with 20.00 shipping on a 8.00 item. I ship to the states all the time and have people ship to me from there as well, and a 1oz peel or whatever doesn't cost near that much to ship.

If you have sensitive skin I don't suggest you get 10% glycolic acid. I was on 5% and my skin was dry and peeled badly. Yes it's suppose to make you peel but if you saw my skin, you'll know what I mean. My derm tried to up to me 11%. I told him to eat shit, well in a less direct manner.

Good point, but its the 10% that is recommended by most on these boards and that seems the most effective.

If its too strong i could always dilute a bit? Would simply adding water work. The toner seems to be already of a watery consistency.

E-bay my friend. I feel your pain as many companies don't ship to Canada as well, it's as if for face products nothing passes through the border, even though customs allows the same thigns up here. Either that or they screw us with 20.00 shipping on a 8.00 item. I ship to the states all the time and have people ship to me from there as well, and a 1oz peel or whatever doesn't cost near that much to ship.

no where at all will do international shipping on it. places like amazon etc only do that on electrical goods etc. Ive searched the net endlessless but nothing. I really want that stuff!

damn it..

Alpha Hydrox used to be in Canada, thent hey dropped thier supplier. The company told me that it will be in Canada again sometime this year.

As for shipping to Canada and abroad, if you're willing to pay $14 shipping you can get it. Funny thing is that it should only cost 4.00 shipping by weight at the most, and it doesn't require special shipping. The companies just don't like the margins they're getting I guess and screw the buyers with their handling charge. Of course it's 14.00 flat fee so youi can get multiple items for this much. You can get 2 or 3 bottles and it would cut shipping down quite a bit.

just google it. Places like medsupplyrx and such sell it. Drugstore.com sells it as well.

Alpha Hydrox used to be in Canada, thent hey dropped thier supplier. The company told me that it will be in Canada again sometime this year.

As for shipping to Canada and abroad, if you're willing to pay $14 shipping you can get it. Funny thing is that it should only cost 4.00 shipping by weight at the most, and it doesn't require special shipping. The companies just don't like the margins they're getting I guess and screw the buyers with their handling charge. Of course it's 14.00 flat fee so youi can get multiple items for this much. You can get 2 or 3 bottles and it would cut shipping down quite a bit.

just google it. Places like medsupplyrx and such sell it. Drugstore.com sells it as well.