Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok before someone comes in here, like someone always does on these boards , and flames "Dude are you retarded, ofcourse you need facewash, idiot, jerk!!!"

lets look at the basics.

Ok obviously daily pollution, dust, dirt, small particles land on your face during the day. As weve read all over though, acne is not caused by dirt. I doubt anyone just goes through out their day and by the end is filthy. I myself get extremely oily.

But what the hell is soap doing? Ok so it removes the dirt, as well as your oil. Is this good? My nose is constantly the oiliest thing on earth, yet i dont get pimples there.

Next, medicated facewashes are the quickest way to simply dry out your face. Sa is sopposed to exfoliate, but i remember reading that since the wash is mixed with water and only on your face for like a minute tops, i actually doesnt do crap.

As you can tell the boards had a surge recently of theno facewash peoplesand theirt raving. Im going to try simply washing with luke warm water morning and night.

Sorry this is so long, people lets post here about soaps, facewashes and the do-nothing regimens....

By washing my face I feel clean and less oily. You're right, no one has gotten clear from a SA wash, NOONE!!!11

Luke warm water won't do a thing positive, or negative.

In the shower i just let hot/warm water run on my face for like a few minutes..then when i soap up i just give my face a quick swipe (dove sensitive bar)..no scrubbing or anything...then rinse with lots of warm water...at night i just give my face a few splashes of warm water..works great...i think the warm shower water helps clean out the pores and shrink them

my face would look great except i sometimes pick and poke at things that are like nothing..makes it looks like 10000 times worse...grrr gotta stop..

By washing my face I feel clean and less oily. You're right, no one has gotten clear from a SA wash, NOONE!!!11

heres the things..i used to just do like a splash of shower water on my face to "get it ready for soap or cleanser" or "open your pores" or whatever..but reacently i been leting the hot water do the cleaning as opposed to letting the soap do the cleaning. So i'll hold my face there for a good few minutes (great stress reliver too)...I only judge my face by how oily it looks in the morning and its been looking great..i swear the oil comes from irritation: rubbing your face on your sleve (a favorite of mine), scrubbing with a cleanser, any kind of scrub (St. Ives etc..i just threw mine out). PICKING AND SQUEEZING. omg i swear i wouldn;t even of got acne if i could find a way to handcuff myself. so yes my face is now normal oily. My theory is that the regular hot shower (once a day) draws stuff out of your pores. It did get a bit worse in the beginning but that was like 4 weeks ago and i woke up the other day and my face looked the best it has in 2 years. my old lady was like wtf. oh yeah when i rinse the minimal amount of dove soap off my face i just turn down the temp of the water slightly so its like warm instead of hot. It takes time to see improvement..this is not an overnight miricle cure...oh yeah i don't use any moisturizer or anything..drink lots of water..don;t stress..have lots of sex..or solo action lol whatever...i'm not starting that debate..goto a different thread..

my acne is only on my forehead..becuase this is the only place i pick and poke at things..the rest of my face is spotless (knock on wood)..i never touch my face below my forehead and i get a small pimple there like once every few weeks..latley there has been nothing...

this is the stuff i've tried (none have any sucess or vast improvement):

proactive, nutrogenna acne wash (SA), oxy, clearisil, spectro jel, dove regular soap (too harsh i think)...just use dove sensitive skin bar..its worked the best out of all of these

Craig thanks for the info, basically im doing the same thing as you, cept i use lukewarm/cool water in the shower. I will switch to eventually tho. Another quick questing for yeah...you said you shower oncea day, but do you wash your face 3 times a day?

Thanks!

I've read a few articles on the net where derms say dirt does cause acne. If you think about it, dirt does clog the pores. It's also needed to get the oil off your face which also causes acne. If I can find the article I read, i'll post it.

I've read a few articles on the net where derms say dirt does cause acne. If you think about it, dirt does clog the pores. It's also needed to get the oil off your face which also causes acne. If I can find the article I read, i'll post it.

I have stopped using BP because while it sometimes makes my skin look better, all-in-all I hate what it does to my skin, making it red and dry. All I do now is use warm water and a bit of Cetaphil, and my skin feels very natural and healthy, and it looks that way too. I agree 100% that irritation is the #1 cause of acne, cut down on irritiation, and you will not get as many pimples. Since I came to this epiphany, I've stopped using half the products I did before, and while I still need to moisturize because I have naturally dry skin, my skin is looking and feeling 10x better. I always felt while using BP that it was like a "fake" sense of security, sure your skin might look good sometimes, but that's after moisturizing like crazy for half an hour, and the more you use BP the more your skin becomes dependant on it.

I believe that minimalizing irritation (ie. not popping and picking, touching your face a lot, using harsh scrubs), following a healthy diet with lots of fruit and water, and just using warm water and maybe a light cleanser like Cetaphil if you want, is all that is necessary for fighting mild to moderate acne.

This is to take nothing away from those who follow the regimen religiously and are clear, good for you, I say whatever works for ya, do it! And all of the above is just my opinion, not proven fact, and it's what works best for me. Take it for what it is, if you have a system that's working for you, by all means stick with it. We all just want to be free of this horrendous condition, so whatever gets you there is fine by me.

I have stopped using BP because while it sometimes makes my skin look better, all-in-all I hate what it does to my skin, making it red and dry. All I do now is use warm water and a bit of Cetaphil, and my skin feels very natural and healthy, and it looks that way too. I agree 100% that irritation is the #1 cause of acne, cut down on irritiation, and you will not get as many pimples. Since I came to this epiphany, I've stopped using half the products I did before, and while I still need to moisturize because I have naturally dry skin, my skin is looking and feeling 10x better. I always felt while using BP that it was like a "fake" sense of security, sure your skin might look good sometimes, but that's after moisturizing like crazy for half an hour, and the more you use BP the more your skin becomes dependant on it.

I believe that minimalizing irritation (ie. not popping and picking, touching your face a lot, using harsh scrubs), following a healthy diet with lots of fruit and water, and just using warm water and maybe a light cleanser like Cetaphil if you want, is all that is necessary for fighting mild to moderate acne.

This is to take nothing away from those who follow the regimen religiously and are clear, good for you, I say whatever works for ya, do it! And all of the above is just my opinion, not proven fact, and it's what works best for me. Take it for what it is, if you have a system that's working for you, by all means stick with it. We all just want to be free of this horrendous condition, so whatever gets you there is fine by me.

I highly doubt a partticle of dirt clogs your pore. This is why my whole new theory, is why use soap, or cleanser? Why not just let water run down your face to remove excess oil and any grime. Im on my 3rd doing this. First off my oiliness dropped like you wouldnt believe. This fact alone is making so damn happy. Second im getting some little whitehead around mout, but i generally get them their while cleansing. so far so good.

I habe read the threads about this, and thats how i came to try it. Im doing so good right now, couldnt be happier. Anyone else have any comments on why is it we feel we must use a cleanser?

I find not washing my face for like 2 days in a row leaves my skin a little clearer and most of the acne/pimples deflamed and some gone away.

I habe read the threads about this, and thats how i came to try it. Im doing so good right now, couldnt be happier. Anyone else have any comments on why is it we feel we must use a cleanser?

I thought about not washing my face, and I went for it, three times, and everytime I really regreted it. I'm even on accutane. I break out everytime, face wash, no matter what kind, helps. Some work better than others, but definetly always use face wash.

I think it's because, maybe one day you wake up with a small pimple or two, and you don't usually get them, so you're freaking out. "Ahhh! I must go to the drug store and buy a cleanser to get rid of these!" or whatever. So then you start frantically washing with the cleanser, multiple times a day, because you think the more you wash, the cleaner your skin will be, right?

And thus, the vicious cycle of constant irritation begins, and you start getting more pimples, and buying more products.

I don't think we know the whole story about oil actually causing acne. My nose is OILY as hell but my face is dry...99% of my acne is on my face and not my nose....

As you can tell the boards had a surge recently of theno facewash peoplesand theirt raving. Im going to try simply washing with luke warm water morning and night.

Sorry this is so long, people lets post here about soaps, facewashes and the do-nothing regimens....