Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mc

I know this guy who is about in his 50's. He has bad acne scarring all around his face. Not a single area is scarless. When i see this man he makes me feel better not only because i shouldn't be complaining about how my acne scar bother me but because it doesn't seen to affect him at all. He's a really nice person. He is married, has a child, and works in a good job. Its not fair at all, we all know this but just gotta accept it and move on but try the best we can do. I think the world would be a lot different if everyone understood what we went through.

I meant this to be a reply to the person who wanted to die because of his scarring..

just because one guy can be happy with acne scarring doesnt mean he should be an example. curse this disease. curse it to hell.

fuck this disease lets get fuckin scar removal techniques done..i dont like my scars and there are shallow like scratch marks dam nscars aon face who likes them no one he prolly doesnt fror sure he just has multiple personality disorger i am who i am i live for who i am and die for who i am and if theres help for the scars im gonna givce it a try

You're missing the picture though. What's the end product that u want to feel. Happy right? Well, we all keep thinking that if we didnt have scars that our lives would be better. Maybe that is true but if you can take that whole idea out of your mind and try to be happy without thinking that then life would be much more enjoyable and worth living.

I agree with mc .... he is a role model for us all.

The older guy in his 50's, he's happy even with the scars, i know a couple of people who don't have scars and they feel like hell because of other thing so even if we didn't have scars doesn't mean that we will automaticlly feel good about ourselfs.. or????

I sometimes look at myself and think that it's a good thing that i have my scars cause it gives me a diffrent view of life, a better one i hope =) I mean i don't judge people before i meet them and get to know them, cause even the most beautiful person can be at total A**Hole!!! So the inside means alot and what you show to the world is what you'll get back!!!

But it would be cool to be scarless just to see what it feels like!! So i wouldn't mind getting rid of them =)

He might seem like the perfect man. Happy with kids and he treats everyone nicely. But who knows how he feels. How well do you know him. He might be a wife beater and child abuser and puts on this great happy guy act. When he gets home he has a look at his reflection in the mirror and he grimaces with hurt and pain. He crumples to the floor and sobs uncontrollably with the bathroom door locked so his kids and wife cannot here his tearful cries.

I won't rest peacefully at night until i am happy with the way i look. Simple as that. I wasn't born into this world with scars so neither will i leave this world with them.

Will, you're just making your own life miserable not your scars...

see, it's easy to say "be happy its only scars and not something more serious" but it's hard

i mean yeah i am thankful that the worse thing to happen to me so far is acne scars only and not ... some life threatening disease, but everytime i'm out in public with friends or a date, and i look in the mirror and see how sick my scars are, it just ruins everything. it takes away self confidence. i mean even if i had something more serious... like say.. i'm missing 2 fingers. i can always hide it by not showing my hand, but acne scars is on the face and its unhideable. i mean i'd rather be missing a freaking nipple or have one leg shorter tehn the other.. those are easier to hide.

me and my girlfriend broke up recently, now she's dating again and i can't cause my face is scarred. i'm mad cause before i had scars, man i woulda been dating by now and make her ass jealous. but oh wells.. hahah

What's up MC, you posted a great message about keeping all this in perspective.

Fact is, we are our own worst critic. You see people not being happy about themselves cause they're too fat, too skinny, too many scars, too (fill in the blank). Yeah it sucks to have these scars and it'd be great without them. You should try all you can to remove these scars and get treatment, but why the hell do you want to be miserable in the mean time?

Besides, you think people actually care about your acne scars? No, cause they're too busy worrying about their own things. I don't think anyone actually cares about my acne scars other than me. So let's keep this all in check and enjoy your life as best as you can.

doragio

Yea, some people feel that they can't lead the lives they wanted because there scars got in the way. People shouldn't let this happen because they dont make us any different or incapable of doin anything that we set our minds too. There are many famous people with acne scars that lead happy, successful lives. I just got finished watching an ultra resultion version of the new matrix trailer. Keanu Reeves has noticeble acne scars and so does Laurence Fishburne (Morpheus) and they're both very prestigious actors...