Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Staying_Strong

DUMP ALL THE PRESCRIPTION DRUGS

Please read below then go to this link: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=42538

Most prescription drugs do nothing. They cost a lot, and often have adverse effects. Accutane is the only one that can make a real difference, but it can permantly hurt your body.

My dad's a doctor, with friends in the dermatologist community. He's talked to them about my acne, and they've confided in him if it's serious, most prescription creams and pills will do nothing more than MASK the problem, but not cure it. On top of that, he said some antibiotic pills can cause long-term damage to your liver, and other body parts. When I heard this I was mad. I did some research, and found out a lot of what he said was true. You want an affordable solution to get rid of acne?

Go to this topic link: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=42538

It worked for me, it's worked for many others on this message board. It's fairly inexpensive, and it will let you break through the wall of relying on expensive prescription products and drug store creams and face washes.

READ IT AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!

I agree that some people would be able to cure their acne by applying this method. Still, everyone’s skin is different. Everyone has a different genetic makeup that plays a large part in how they react to different acne treatments. What worked for you might not work for others and it is unfair to disregard all other methods. For instance, minocyclin, birth control pills and glycol pads kept my skin clearer than clear for years. It was only recently (July 2004) and, by some hormonal fluke, that my acne surfaced with a vengeance: severe and cystic. If I read a post saying that every other method wasn’t credible, I could have very well overlooked the pertinent medication that is helping me remain clear.

Also, curing things holistically is wonderful and I do recommend anyone with acne to take Vitamin B Complex as it boosts energy, regulates hormones and increases metabolism. Still, anyone could take the different vitamins and supplements that I do and get glaringly different reactions.

Thanks for posting this but please help people here to keep an open mind, k? eusa_angel.gif

I agree with Arpazia. Moreover, I have issues with self medication. B5 can also have detrimental effects to the body.

Like you, I don't like taking pharmaceuticals, trust me, and I agree with you that most of the crap out there doesn't cure (the majority of modern medicine doesn't cure anything but only masks the symptoms: how do you think the pharmaceuticals make billions of dollars).

Arpazia-

I appreciate you're input but you indirectly proved my point. You were taking prescription drugs (which in themselves might have long term detremental effects, I.E., vioxx, paxil, and who knows what's next on the list), and all they did was temporarily mask the problem. And that's my point.

It's just like if your parent dies. Sure, take enough antidepressents/alcohol, and mentally you'll feel like nothings wrong, and everythings great. But a year later, it sinks in. Your parent is dead, and you feel like shit. That's my analogy for these short-term prescription drug crazes.

They simply help you (at best) aviod the issue for a short amount of time. Then the acne comes back and you're right where you started.

That's what I think's good about my regimen. A continual progression of oil-reduction and skin renewal.

I don't mean to knock everything else, but let's face it - that shit doesn't work. If it did, this website wouldn't exist, dermatologists wouldn't be booked up for the next six months, and every commercial break wouldn't have at least one acne-preventing product advertised.

That's just how it is.

Guest Craigems

Staying strong. You OBVIOUSLY havent experienced bad acne. Yes it can be damaging ... Heck any drug is potentially damaging so i fail to see that point of your arguement. Accutane does have its side effect most re-versable, in a few people yes the side effects can be bad but if closely monitored its safe ... same with most drugs.

As to your point with most acne med's dont work ... we'll your dam right! but some do! ... its like russian roulette to find out which works with wat person. Thats why derms try and find a drug that will help you ... in cases outgrow your problem. Before the use the Atomic bomb which is Accutane!

Please alot of us are in trouble with this condition however trivial it may be to some others. Dont go saying NONE of it works, because you do have you facts wrong with respect to that. Alot of acne sufferers come here to seek help and advice not to be told they are with a disease which is incurable.

If you were right by saying that these drugs don’t work, then why is my skin clear? Certainly nothing “cures� acne but many drugs can suppress it - - including vitamins and face wash/creams. Every treatment is trial and error. We are all different. What worked for you might not work for others and vice versa

I also want to note that, as Craig suggested, that you don’t come across as someone who suffered from severe, cystic acne that leaves behind incredible, disfiguring scars. If you had this experience, you might understand that side effects considered and aside, many of us made the choice to take prescription drugs that might damage our body because acne was damaging our lives.

We appreciate different opinions and views in this group but, more than anything, we appreciate open minds and tons of support for our decisions to use the treatments we are currently using. When someone comes along and says “this is wrong� “this is unhealthy�, it is an insult to our intelligence. If you read posts from the members here, you will find extremely educated and informed people who have collectively tried everything under the sun to “cure� or, rather suppress, their acne.

I am very happy for you that you have clear skin by using Vitamin B and alpha hydroxy. (Personally, my skin is exceptionally irritated by alpha hydroxy so I can’t use it at all. Again, our skin is different). If you believe that all prescription drugs are worthless and believe in vitamins and supplements to cure your acne, there is a Diet/Holistic Forum on Acne.Org as well.

I wanna try b5. i think everyone is rite........

nothing doctor prescribe is good too......... i took doxy n mino n it gave me gastric problem. some of my frens even vomit when taking mino.

i tried taking accutane and i got infected lips. i haf to forgo accutane as an option to cure me........

i had to take 30mg to make it effective but thats way too strong for my dry lips.

and we all noe wad accutane is capable of.

im definitely trying out b5. n i jus wanna tell all to realli not overtake the b5 supplements. pls try out the different dosage n jus take the bare minimium required. dun be too anxious n take a high dosage ok?

dats all lor tongue.gif

i will post here after i tried b5 supplements.

You can post your results in the Diet/Holistic Forum where it would help more people. I'm sorry you had such a bad reaction to prescription drugs. I hope that you find the solution you're looking for.

It's just like if your parent dies. Sure, take enough antidepressents/alcohol, and mentally you'll feel like nothings wrong, and everythings great. But a year later, it sinks in. Your parent is dead, and you feel like shit. That's my analogy for these short-term prescription drug crazes.

They simply help you (at best) aviod the issue for a short amount of time. Then the acne comes back and you're right where you started.

Guest Craigems

Its gettting to the diet holistic side now like Arpazia said. Please go there to express your views, What you guys say wont help us in anyway because we are already on drugs, and are trying to get treated... whether it works or not thats up to us to decide not for others to tell us. I have tried holistic approaches and as far as i'm concerned THEY are the waste of time, yeh some does work but not for acne.

Please read below then  go to this link: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=42538

Most prescription drugs do nothing. They cost a lot, and often have adverse effects. Accutane is the only one that can make a real difference, but it can permantly hurt your body.

My dad's a doctor, with friends in the dermatologist community. He's talked to them about my acne, and they've confided in him if it's serious, most prescription creams and pills will do nothing more than MASK the problem, but not cure it. On top of that, he said some antibiotic pills can cause long-term damage to your liver, and other body parts. When I heard this I was mad. I did some research, and found out a lot of what he said was true. You want an affordable solution to get rid of acne?

Go to this topic link: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=42538

It worked for me, it's worked for many others on this message board. It's fairly inexpensive, and it will let you break through the wall of relying on expensive prescription products and drug store creams and face washes.

READ IT AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!