Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys/girls! I am usually a lurker here, but I was hoping to get some information today.

I'm going to schedule an appointment with my derm on Monday for spot dermabrasion.

I had CO2 several years ago and don't plan on going through that again, as the recovery was a nightmare. Lately I've been using AHAs and doing some lactic peels as well as using the TriReduction cream. That has given me modest improvement on my shallow areas, but I have 2 large pore/icepick scars on one cheek and one really large scar that looks a bit like a chicken pox scar but is a damaged pore on the other cheek. These are the areas that I am going to ask him to dermabrade.

I'm pretty much set on this procedure, and I would be happy with a 40% or 50% improvement. I guess I'd like to know if anyome else here has done this and if it was worth it, what the healing time was like and if they had regrets.

I might follow this procedure up with erbium or some other full facial peel in the future, but for now I don't want to risk complications since I'm only just getting to the point where I feel my skin looks "normal" after laser.

i need some sort of spot something too....did the CO2 laser help with the ice pick scars? or any pores?..I was thinking about getting spot co2..either way please let us know if the dermabrasion helps.

The CO2 didn't help at all with these particular scars. I have some scars by my mouth which were just about as deep and I got at least a 50% improvement in those, I believe the doctor went deeper in this area. I had pointed it out to him just prior to surgery. I don't think he went deep enough on my cheeks, though I don't know why - that's supposed to be an area where you can go deeper without as many risks.

Spot CO2 is probably not a good idea because the laser can cause more of a change to the texture and pigment of your skin. I guess that's because it's a thermal injury. My doctor stopped in the middle of my forehead for some unknown reason, and there's a noticable demarcation there. If you're going for a spot treatment, dermabrasion is supposed to be the way to go.

I suppose you're right..I just want improvement from what i'm sporting now and i've tried alot of non-ablative procedures..So i'm ready to move on...i'm talking about an area the size of two quarters with many damaged pores and ice pick holes. I just wish my facial hair would grow back there so it wouldn't be so obvious, but the skin is so badly damaged.