Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pankins

Burt's Bees Tomato Complexion Bar Soap

After years of using Cetaphil bar, i decided i'll try this one. My acne is mostly under control, but at the same time complexion could not be worse. Oily skin especially t-zone, sensitive-oily skin, very uneven and blotchy at times, think this will help my situation? I just ordered the bar yesterday, should get it soon.

Update again,

okay so last week my skin was horrid. I could not be in front of a mirror without just staring at my skin, I had acne in places I normally don't, I was really oily, and my pores were huge. So, in desperation, I changed it up.

I decided to do away with the toner since I remembered my skin reacting very nicely before I got the toner. I still wanted to use the soap as I just so much wanted it to work for me. The first night I changed it I used the soap and then BP gel afterwards. Then the next morning I used the soap and my old CC blackhead clearing scrub. My skin was not any worse in the morning, so I thought, okay, we'll just wait this out.

I decided that night that I didn't want to use BP gel anymore as it really is way harsh on the skin and the point of trying this new thing was to see if gentler products could give better results. So I ditched the BP and am now using the soap first followed by the CC scrub morning and night.

I almost wept for joy this morning. It's been about three days since starting this "new" regimen and my skin has improved immensely. The overall tone and texture of it looks the same as when I had first used the soap, all acne has shrank and/or dried up and the spots that I normally don't get are already gone.

Also, I sucked up my pride and went to a mu rep on Friday as it was my birthday and I really wanted to be able to go out and look good. I ended up at the Clarins counter and I am SO glad I did. I told her my skin was looking horrible right now and how it usually acts and she picked the perfect foundation for me (a mattifier that ACTUALLY works). Clarins is more well-known for their skin-care products and she asked me what I was using. I told her the Burt's Bees and she says that although they do make excellent products too much of tomatoe can cause adverse reactions to sensitive skin. She also said BP is very bad for the skin (which I already knew of course).

So now with using just the tomatoe soap and the scrub and the new mattifying foundation, my skin's a heck of a lot clearer, healthier looking and virtually oil-free. I'll keep at this for a while and see what happens, I might try adding the toner again to see if that really was what caused it.

Update again,

okay so last week my skin was horrid. I could not be in front of a mirror without just staring at my skin, I had acne in places I normally don't, I was really oily, and my pores were huge. So, in desperation, I changed it up.

I decided to do away with the toner since I remembered my skin reacting very nicely before I got the toner. I still wanted to use the soap as I just so much wanted it to work for me. The first night I changed it I used the soap and then BP gel afterwards. Then the next morning I used the soap and my old CC blackhead clearing scrub. My skin was not any worse in the morning, so I thought, okay, we'll just wait this out.

I decided that night that I didn't want to use BP gel anymore as it really is way harsh on the skin and the point of trying this new thing was to see if gentler products could give better results. So I ditched the BP and am now using the soap first followed by the CC scrub morning and night.

I almost wept for joy this morning. It's been about three days since starting this "new" regimen and my skin has improved immensely. The overall tone and texture of it looks the same as when I had first used the soap, all acne has shrank and/or dried up and the spots that I normally don't get are already gone.

Also, I sucked up my pride and went to a mu rep on Friday as it was my birthday and I really wanted to be able to go out and look good. I ended up at the Clarins counter and I am SO glad I did. I told her my skin was looking horrible right now and how it usually acts and she picked the perfect foundation for me (a mattifier that ACTUALLY works). Clarins is more well-known for their skin-care products and she asked me what I was using. I told her the Burt's Bees and she says that although they do make excellent products too much of tomatoe can cause adverse reactions to sensitive skin. She also said BP is very bad for the skin (which I already knew of course).

So now with using just the tomatoe soap and the scrub and the new mattifying foundation, my skin's a heck of a lot clearer, healthier looking and virtually oil-free. I'll keep at this for a while and see what happens, I might try adding the toner again to see if that really was what caused it.

I'm still waiting for my Burt's Bees Products to come in the mail!!

Just went to thtis Health Store far away from home and finally found that they had Burt's Bees Products!!

I will go there next time to get the products instead of buying it off Ebay !!

They only had the Tomato Toner and soap for sale though and one more parsely stick i was looking all over for the Herbal blemish stick and couldn't find it since i'm having a lot of pimples creeping out from nowhere!!

So what I bought is something called Desert Essence Blemish Touch Stick... I read the ingredients and they look like it's all 100% natural anyone ever used this b4? It really smells bad but it says apply 5-6 times to blemishes and wait for it to fade away!!

Well please let me know and I can't wait to get my Burt's Bees Products in the mail it's been days and still waiting hopefully i get it and start getting the benefits as you all are getting....

Are people having better results with the soap and toner, or just the soap? I have been using both for about a month or so, or maybe more, but i still get tiny pimples, you actually cant even see them, but i want to feel completely clear, so do you think i should cut out the toner, i heard that too much tomato can be bad.. what do yall think?

Are people having better results with the soap and toner, or just the soap?  I have been using both for about a month or so, or maybe more, but i still get tiny pimples, you actually cant even see them, but i want to feel completely clear, so do you think i should cut out the toner, i heard that too much tomato can be bad.. what do yall think?

Hey, just got my soap yesterday and I'm loving it smile.gif My skin feels softer and less oily as well. Best soap I've ever used, even if it doesn't improve my acne.

I don't know if anyone has tried this...but I have been doing this for the past three weeks and it's been doing okay for me.

I stopped using BP and replaced it with tea tree oil.  I soak my cotton with the tomato toner and add a couple of drops of the tea tree oil, and then let it absorb on my skin.  It stings a little though..

Afterwards, I juss put a tiny amount of the tea tree as a spot treatment.  I still have zits but it doesn't go very big anymore and goes away much quicker than using the bp.  There doesn't seem to be any pus build up anymore..juss regular zits ( and I am happy bout that cuz I'm prone to cystic acne!!!).  Hope this helps some of you  smile.gif

I am new to the forum, and it seems that LoganRuns is rather well educated on how these things work. I would be very interested to know where you get your info from.

*squeals*

I just got the new Burt's Bees products I ordered online:

- Tomato Toner (I was using the Lettuce one before)

- Citrus Facial Scrub

- Parsley Blemish Stick

Yay! I'm happy. I actually got the right toner this time, so it would probably work better on my face. The facial scrub is for sloughing off the dead skin cells, and the blemish stick is to spot treat. Whoo!

I feel so complete.

Hey all,

A little update for those who would like to know. I just got back from Rome which was great! I changed a couple things while staying there:

1) Don't wash face (!)... I just took a shower in the morning and that was it.

2) Eat unhealthy... a lot of candy, pizza, fat stuff.

3) Not putting any stuff on my face except sunscreen (only forehead + nose, my acne is on the chin and mouth area) and Aloe Vera gel after getting a little sunburnt.

4) Forgot shaving gel, bought Noxzema Cocoa Butter + Vitamin E shaving cream to use.

Wow. Well... My oil-production is pretty much non-existent right now! I'm so happy with that as I used to be greasy as hell! Especially while trying the BB line. The size of my pores seems to have decreased aswell. The diet hasn't done anything wrong for me. In fact I feel great because I ate what I liked and felt good doing so. The amount of zits seems to have gone down a bit and I hope it will keep doing so, time will tell I guess.

And last of all, the Noxzema shaving cream is great! It feels way better than any other I've ever tried, shaves closer and protects my skin much better making it feel smooth and pure when having finished shaving. It also didn't dry out my skin at all what used to be a bit of a problem for me. So logically I bought the 7 cans the supermarket still had biggrin.gif.

Generally I just feel much better than I have in a long time + I got a little tan which didn't worsen my red marks AT ALL. So please, I really don't think you'd have to put sunscreen on them everyday for them to fade. In fact, mine seem to be better than before I went to Rome...

I just got some Tomato Soap after reading all the great reviews. I just stopped talking b5 after 2 months b/c it didnt work and need something else. I am on botchla's regime right now and it is working great. I am about 95% clear, but I have alot of large pores and black heads on my nose and my face gets extremely oily. I hear Burt's bees soaps is great for these skin conditions. Anyways, I was wondering why the soap works. Does the tomato act as a natural acid? Also, like i said I'm doing botchla's bp and sa regime. If i wanted to substitute the Tomato Soap for one of these products, which would it be? I'm guessing SA. Thanks for ur help.

I just got some Tomato Soap after reading all the great reviews. I just stopped talking b5 after 2 months b/c it didnt work and need something else. I am on botchla's regime right now and it is working great. I am about 95% clear, but I have alot of large pores and black heads on my nose and my face gets extremely oily. I hear Burt's bees soaps is great for these skin conditions. Anyways, I was wondering why the soap works. Does the tomato act as a natural acid? Also, like i said I'm doing botchla's bp and sa regime. If i wanted to substitute the Tomato Soap for one of these products, which would it be? I'm guessing SA. Thanks for ur help.

if the soap itself already maintains the ph balance of your skin, then i dont see the need for bs and acv if your going to make your skin basic and then back to close to normal...at least thats what i think...so im only using the soap and everything is looking great. has anyone tried the scrub?

hi i just ordered the soap yesterday along with the repair serum hopefully this might do some good to scars.i also got the baby bee starter kit as i have a bit of eczema.

im from UK, i got mine off ebay. any1 from UK who cant find it anywhere go on ebay.com, the american site and search. there are loooooads of people willing to ship 2 UK. if it says they only ship to US, just email them n ask them, most of the time they will say yes.

shipping isnt ridiculous for some peeps either... the dude i bought off charged me only $5.50 bout 3 quid? cheaper than some UK sites!the good dollar to pound rate meant the soap was just 3 quid(!), bbay kit 4 quid(!) and serum 5 quid. sorry but we are SO taken for a ride her in england... hqhair.com r selling the serum for £25! jokers. anyway sorry for my rant!

ill update... see if the soap/serum do any good. ill try soap first so i know if its workin. i tried their lettuce 1 ages ago it cleared me but then i broke out majorly... i dont think i suited it.

Hey i just wanted to get an update from everyone thats been using this soap for at least a month. I quit dans reg a little over a month ago and started with this one at the same time, its been almost exactly a month. I really really like this becasue i no longer get deep pimples, they are just smaller ones that are invisible to everyone else. But my problem is that i just had my period so i have these blemishes, i want to be completely clear. I have noticed that the toner made my skin oilier, so i quiet that and now im just using the soap and aloe vera at night. I just wantedto hear some good results from people that have been on this reg for at least a month now, and what are you doing exactly!?

ive been having great results so far using the soap. i quit my acne cream and im just using this and the egg/lemon mask and its great. im looking for an exfoliant and i was wondering if burt's exfoliant is good...

Been using this soap for a week and although i did get few pimples here and there, my face is looking its best in last 4 years.

This soap is so good, it makes me wanna meet Burt and have passionate male sex with him.

(well not really, but this soap really is great)

Guest Anubis
Been using this soap for a week and although i did get few pimples here and there, my face is looking its best in last 4 years.

This soap is so good, it makes me wanna meet Burt and have passionate male sex with him.

(well not really, but this soap really is great)

I've been on this regemin for one week and I think i'm seeing results. I'm using the tomato bar and letuce toner. Previously, i've used Botchla's regimen and it has proven sucessful in eleminating acne, but i've had many red blemishes and two scars from the BP. I started this last thrusday and it kept my acne away before i had a mild break out. Now, my acne is starting to clear up again (i hope). My oil production did increase at first, but now it is mild. Anyway, just wanted say thanks to Pankins for posting this regimen. I'll update if things change.

I tried this soap and toner for a while and it just broke me out more. It made my skin very fresh and radiant looking, but still having big red deep zits. I liked how it made my skin look, I wish it prevented acne though. I'm so glad it worked for you guys, but for me this stuff is very ineffective. I went back to using Dan's regimen and added in Walgreen's 8% AHA face cream right after washing, before BP, and it has taken away all the flakiness and dryness that BP used to give me! I used to not be able to use the full amount of BP, even after month and month, because my skin would get too red and dry and flaky and gross, but now I can use tons of BP and get the full effect of its acne-prevention and healing potential, without the side effects of dull, dry flaky skin! So now I have the acne-killing benefits of Dan's BP gel (this stuff is the bext anti-zit gel EVER) and the healthy radiant skin from the AHA cream and Eucerin lotion I moisturize with, so I get the best of both worlds! I wish you all luck and recommend Dan's regimen with AHA cream added to prevent flakiness.

ps- any quesitons, go to this thread - http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=50502

pps- the one amazing thing about Burt's Tomato Soap and Toner is the smell! I absolutely love it! I wish it worked for me just so I could enjoy the smell every day. Oh well, maybe I will take it out once in a while and use the toner on my neck and chest and back, just for the wonderful smell! Good luck all!

Just wanted to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to PANKINS for posting this out!!

Been using this for about 2 weeks and the first 5 days I broke out like crazy and i wanted to stop and use something else but i just kept on using it for now and all the acne that came above on my face has now subsided.. I'm still in the breakout process but just getting a few pimples up to my face !!

Just using the Tomato Soap and other products but the Tomato Soap does bring all the muck up from your face and surfaces them up and after a few days it dies or subsides away!!

I've used the Burt's Bees Blemish Stick I really love the smell but what really sucked is that it only lasts for about 5 days for me since I kept on applying it on the active pimples and blemishes i had b4 and let me tell you that it did work and STINGED like HELL but was all worth it... What i didn't like that it had a small leak on the ball part .. what i did to apply was roll it on my finger tip and then apply it after i've seen it was finishing up i just used it directly and it finished!!

A much better substitute for this is the Desert Essence Blemish Stick it has slightly more product than the blemish stick and also it lasts longer!! It lasted me for 2 weeks and it has worked WONDERS for me heals the blemishes and any active pimples heals them or shrinks them a bit ... I didn't like the smell from this though!!

I also have the Tomato toner but after reading so much reviews about how bad it was i didn't use it.... So far the Tomato Soap is worning really good keeps my face tight and also my face is far less than oily and also it has a glow to it even though i still have pimples and acne !!

Definelty worth a try!!! Just a side note you have to use it fully to see the resluts and not just quit when you see horrible results at first.....

Thank-You sooooooo much Pankins for your help and in posting about this....

Hopefully it works forever for me............

Also using the Burt's Bees Rosemary Shampoo Soap which help with the Acne on my hair line

Burt's Bees has AWESOME porducts!!

Also using the Burt's Bees Rosemary Shampoo Soap which help with the Acne on my hair line

Burt's Bees has AWESOME porducts!!

I am new to the forum, and it seems that LoganRuns is rather well educated on how these things work. I would be very interested to know where you get your info from.