Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pankins

Burt's Bees Tomato Complexion Bar Soap

Okay, lemme see if I can remember all these questions.  I am not positive about the carrot nutritive creams.  If I were going to get one I would use the day cream as opposed to the night cream as it is probably less greasy.  I have a sample size of it myself and have been using it around my eyes and only about once a week on the rest of my skin.  Seems to be quite nice and hasn't broken me out.  Here is a link to the list of ingredients:

http://www1.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/store...tegory_rn=10015

You can also go to Makeupalley.com, go to the find a product link and then type in Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Day Cream and see what kind of reviews it has.  If I recall correctly it only had about  50% rating.

As for the toner.  I personally wouldn't be without it, BUT I do think you could get great results without it.  Its funny because I have never been a fan of toners either.  I was very skeptical about trying it, but after reading the reviews on Makeupalley.com about how well it works along with the soap I decided to try both out together.  I think you should see how the soap works for you.  If the soap clears you than forget the toner.  If the soap clears you with the exception of some clogged pores/small pimples, then maybe incorporate the toner and see if that helps clear you the rest of the way.  Let me just say the the toner is amazing.  After I started using that along with the soap (about a week or so later) I really started seeing my skin tone/oil improve a great deal. 

As for redmarks, I have never seen my redmarks clear up faster.  It just calmed my skin down and all the ruddiness and redmarks vanished in no time.  Usually a red mark will last weeks and even months depending upon how bad/deep the pimple was.  My redmarks cleared in about 2 weeks and those were the bad ones.  Smaall surface pimples that I had didn't even leave a mark.

Clearly Unclear, I think your regime looks good right now.  See how it works and then if you think you need the toner, go for it.  You could maybe use it only several times a week just for a good deep cleaning if you don't like using it everyday.

Do you use the pore refining mask? I WANTED IT, my bookstore on campus carries Burt's Bees, but they didn't have it. What do you think of it?

But, I would like to thank you for speaking of burt's bees. I don't know about others, but I had immediate clarity of current acne. I just got rid of everything synthetic and decided for natural everything. Vitamins, Water, Burt's Bees. Some people may not consider Burt's to be all-natural way of ridding acne, but I don't think you could get any more natural.

I love the pore refining mask.  I use it once a week (twice if I have somewhere important to go).  It is wonderful if you are going somewhere important and want your face to look really great.  It really tightens up your pores and helps to keep your oil at bay for hours.  It is supposed to be really good at helping to dry up active acne.  I didn't get this mask until my skin was already clear from the soap and toner, but I will say that it is a wonderful mask.  Smells kinda weird, like freshly mowed grass mixed with mint, but its not that bad. Also, it comes in like a powder dispencer.  It is in powder form and you mix it with liquids.  It recommends mixing it with tomato juice if you have oily/troubled skin, but I use water.  Green tea might be nice too. I would recommend it if you are looking for a good mask.  I

Speaking of amazing feedback: I e-mailed the company asking if there products were non-comedogenic...and look at the response.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest in Burt's Bees. Historically noncomedogenic testing is done on rabbit ears. We do not test on animals, therefore, we do not perform this test. I will tell you that we receive hundreds of testimonials stating that our products have improved complexions and helped skin problems. Our ingredients are the best Mother Nature has to offer; herbs, flowers, botanical oils, beeswax, essential oils and clay. Safe effective ingredients that have withstood the test of time. We leave out the petroleum-synthesized fillers like mineral oil and propylene glycol. We don't use artificial preservatives such as methyl paraben or diazolidinyl urea. We have all of our ingredients posted on our web site for you to review.

Our beeswax products do not clog pores. Actually wax esters naturally exist on human skin. Our skin is conditioned by our sebaceous glands by producing sebum. Sebum's content is largely wax esters and triglycerides. Burt's Bees products contain both of these as the base ingredient in our moisturizing products. That is why our products are so compatible with human skin. Other products with chemicals are not absorbed properly into the skin (it reads like an Exxon oil spill in the ocean) and this causes irritation and breakout, or clogging. When using our moisturizing products it is best to use a very small amount and hydrate the skin first. Burt's Bees cr?mes are very rich and concentrated, that is why they work so well. It is best to hydrate your face by splashing it with water, or using one or our complexion mist first. Then you need a very small amount of cr?me (pea size). You could even blend the cr?me with water in your hand and then apply to your face. You will be amazed at the results.

Thanks again for your interest and have a great day!

Stephanie Abramson, RD

Consumer Relations

Burt's Bees, Inc.

Speaking of amazing feedback: I e-mailed the company asking if there products were non-comedogenic...and look at the response.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest in Burt's Bees.  Historically noncomedogenic testing is done on rabbit ears.  We do not test on animals, therefore, we do not perform this test.  I will tell you that we receive hundreds of testimonials stating that our products have improved complexions and helped skin problems. Our ingredients are the best Mother Nature has to offer; herbs, flowers, botanical oils, beeswax, essential oils and clay.  Safe effective ingredients that have withstood the test of time.  We leave out the petroleum-synthesized fillers like mineral oil and propylene glycol.  We don't use artificial preservatives such as methyl paraben or diazolidinyl urea.  We have all of our ingredients posted on our web site for you to review.

Our beeswax products do not clog pores.  Actually wax esters naturally exist on human skin.  Our skin is conditioned by our sebaceous glands by producing sebum.  Sebum's content is largely wax esters and triglycerides.  Burt's Bees products contain both of these as the base ingredient in our moisturizing products.  That is why our products are so compatible with human skin.  Other products with chemicals are not absorbed properly into the skin (it reads like an Exxon oil spill in the ocean) and this causes irritation and breakout, or clogging.  When using our moisturizing products it is best to use a very small amount and hydrate the skin first.  Burt's Bees cr?mes are very rich and concentrated, that is why they work so well.  It is best to hydrate your face by splashing it with water, or using one or our complexion mist first.  Then you need a very small amount of cr?me (pea size).  You could even blend the cr?me with water in your hand and then apply to your face.  You will be amazed at the results.

Thanks again for your interest and have a great day!

Stephanie Abramson, RD

Consumer Relations

Burt's Bees, Inc.

Hi!

I have a question for anyone using the Repair Serum...

I've done tons and tons of research on Rose Hip oil (the first ingredient in the serum), and I understand that it isn't recommended for very oily or acne skin, yet it's recommended for acne scars.

I'm pretty much confused because I also found a website specifically recommending it for treatment of acne...

Those of you that are using it, do you still have acne, or are you just using it to treat old scarring? Has it caused anyone to break out or become irritated? eusa_think.gif

Thanks...

Hi!

I have a question for anyone using the Repair Serum...

I've done tons and tons of research on Rose Hip oil (the first ingredient in the serum), and I understand that it isn't recommended for very oily or acne skin, yet it's recommended for acne scars.

I'm pretty much confused because I also found a website specifically recommending it for treatment of acne...

Those of you that are using it, do you still have acne, or are you just using it to treat old scarring?  Has it caused anyone to break out or become irritated?  eusa_think.gif

Thanks...

Just to let you know how things are going for me, I noticed I'm breaking out like mad around my chin/jawline after quiting the Burts Bees regimen a couple of days ago, everything is coming to the surface. Today I felt my nose at about 12:30 and it had almost no oil on it all eusa_eh.gif , I was completely blown away as I always used to have oil all over the back of my hand after trying my nose for oil! I just hope the breakout will subside and things will start healing.

My regimen now is:

Morning: Shower, shave, rinse with warm water, rinse with cold water.

Evening: Rinse face with cold water

Simple as that. Will let you know how my face is when I return back home from Rome in 2 weeks.

Just to let you know how things are going for me, I noticed I'm breaking out like mad around my chin/jawline after quiting the Burts Bees regimen a couple of days ago, everything is coming to the surface. Today I felt my nose at about 12:30 and it had almost no oil on it all  eusa_eh.gif , I was completely blown away as I always used to have oil all over the back of my hand after trying my nose for oil! I just hope the breakout will subside and things will start healing.

My regimen now is:

Morning: Shower, shave, rinse with warm water, rinse with cold water.

Evening: Rinse face with cold water

Simple as that. Will let you know how my face is when I return back home from Rome in 2 weeks.

I am AMAZED by this soap. I have oily acne prone skin for years and have spent thousands of dollars looking for a remedy so I wasn't too excited to try yet another product, but i can't stop smiling now!

i've been using the tomato soap and toner for 2 weeks and i have no active pimples right now. after the initial 2 washes my face had several cystic whiteheads pop up within that day. after reading thru pankins and other's posts, i kept smiling like dolt because i knew my skin was purging just as you guys commented. my skin looked bad throughout the first week, but the best part was i had my period and there was NO NEW pimples, just the initial break out recovering on my face. that has never happened before =)

even though i vowed to clean up my diet, i've been guilty of drinking coffee and eating fried food. i can't stop drinking coffee-i'll slump in my seat without it and my boyfriend would laugh at how sad i look. bad caffeine + oily food would definitely give me several zits in the past, BUT the soap is working its magic! it staved off breakouts from my period and guilty food habits.

i still can't believe it. although it's been only 2 weeks, i haven't felt this happy with the smooth texture and bright clarity of my skin. i've become less self-conscious of my skin with each day and it's such a great feeling to stop beating myself up over bad breakouts that would take weeks to disappear.

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH PANKINS! for continually encouraging and informing us!

Some questions for the Burt's veterans (although at four weeks I guess I'm getting to be one myself) regarding the blemish stick:

We've determined that there's no difference between the parsley stick and the herbal stick, right? I started with the parsley but am now using the herbal.

Do y'all go through these as quickly as I do? I finished off my first stick after two weeks, at most. I didn't replace it immediately. My new one, which I've had for a few days, is going fast. Am I applying too much, too often? Do I just have too much acne?! I do tend to apply this on red marks as well as active and forming spots (basically all over my cheeks and on my forehead); I think it helps to fade the redness. And I do apply many times a day, basically every time I'm in the bathroom-- it keeps me from picking when I get in front of a mirror.

Any thoughts on what might be the most effective ingredient in the stick? I thought it might be tea tree oil, and was thinking about switching to diluted tea tree oil to save some money. What do y'all think?

Just as an update on my skin, if anyone cares, I am seeing progress. I'm also on doxycycline and my derm has me washing with Rosula (a prescription antibiotic and sulfur gel, it's pretty good though smelly) once a day, in addition to applying some Retin-A micro to the clogged pores on my forehead every other night. So I guess I can't really attribute too much of my progress to Burt's Bees, but I'm still using the tomato soap and toner in the morning (with my derm's approval). Can't wait until I can switch to just BB!

Cheezy: So glad to hear that you have had great results. It just keeps getting better too! Keep us updated on how its working for you if you can. It motivates everyone who reads this thread when they hear positive results. I'm so glad you tried it!!!

As for the blemish stick, I'm not really sure if you are using too much. I would maybe stop applying it to the redmarks and just stick to applying it on your active acne. Maybe cut back on how often you apply it.

I think that most of the ingredients in the stick are probably pretty good at healing the acne. The tea tree oil of course, but the other oils and extracts sound like things that would promote healing as well. You could write Burt's and ask them.

Super-quick (and only slightly hyperbolic...) answers from Burt's Bees customer relations to some of my earlier questions, if anyone is interested:

Thank you for your interest in Burt's Bees. Our Blemish Stick will refine and tone pores while healing troubled skin and breakouts. It is a miraculous blend of herbal extracts and pure essential oils. The Tea Tree and Juniper oils are excellent antiseptic, astringents that kill germs and help detoxify, sluggish, oily skin or pores. The Parsley deep cleanses and purifies the pores. The Willowbark works as a natural hydroxy acid to unplug follicles. And Fennel, Lemon, Borage and Eucalyptus help rid accumulated toxins and increase circulation. This super enriched formulation provides guaranteed fast results. Simply apply the blemish stick to troubled areas or enlarged pores, 2 to 3 times daily. Over use may irritate the skin.

There is no difference between our herbal blemish sticks. We have repackaged it for two different customers. The Dr. Burt's Herbal Blemish Stick found in the "Natural Remedies" section and the Healthy Treatment Parsley Blemish Stick found in the "Facial Care" section of our online catalog under the heading "Cleanse". They are both the same wonderful formula, size and price.

I am sorry we do not offer larger sizes of our products. Being all natural with no chemical preservatives is why our products are so very effective. This also limits the amount in which we package them. We only package our natural products in amounts that would be used in a reasonable amount of time. We avoid "economy" size packaging. We feel it's worth the compromise to have an earth friendly, all natural, highly effective product.

I love the burt's bees products esp the tomato soap and toner. the only thing i can complain about it which is kinda weird and funny is that there is always at least one fruit fly flying around my face! I think it is the vanishing creme that i put because it smells like bananas! it gets kinda annoying hehehe

Super-quick (and only slightly hyperbolic...) answers from Burt's Bees customer relations to some of my earlier questions, if anyone is interested:

Thank you for your interest in Burt's Bees.  Our Blemish Stick will refine and tone pores while healing troubled skin and breakouts.  It is a miraculous blend of herbal extracts and pure essential oils.  The Tea Tree and Juniper oils are excellent antiseptic, astringents that kill germs and help detoxify, sluggish, oily skin or pores.  The Parsley deep cleanses and purifies the pores.  The Willowbark works as a natural hydroxy acid to unplug follicles.  And Fennel, Lemon, Borage and Eucalyptus help rid accumulated toxins and increase circulation.  This super enriched formulation provides guaranteed fast results.  Simply apply the blemish stick to troubled areas or enlarged pores, 2 to 3 times daily.  Over use may irritate the skin.

There is no difference between our herbal blemish sticks.  We have repackaged it for two different customers.  The Dr. Burt's Herbal Blemish Stick found in the "Natural Remedies" section and the Healthy Treatment Parsley Blemish Stick found in the "Facial Care" section of our online catalog under the heading "Cleanse".  They are both the same wonderful formula, size and price.

I am sorry we do not offer larger sizes of our products.  Being all natural with no chemical preservatives is why our products are so very effective.  This also limits the amount in which we package them.  We only package our natural products in amounts that would be used in a reasonable amount of time.  We avoid "economy" size packaging.  We feel it's worth the compromise to have an earth friendly, all natural, highly effective product.

I know, right! I guess the point was that, since they use no preservatives, larger amounts would go bad. But how long would it take for those oils to go bad?! I'm tempted to mix up my own blemish stick concoction with larger amounts of the oils Burt's Bees uses.

I know, right! I guess the point was that, since they use no preservatives, larger amounts would go bad. But how long would it take for those oils to go bad?! I'm tempted to mix up my own blemish stick concoction with larger amounts of the oils Burt's Bees uses.

They are also sold at all "whole foods" markets if you have one nearby. I don't unfortunately. I actually buy all of mine off ebay. I shopped around and found that (if you have to order online anyways) that it is the cheapest rout after combing shipping prices. I think I saved about $2.

You may also look in your phonebook and call around to your nearby vitamin/healthfood stores. Don't think GNC carries their products...at least the two near me don't.

I've been using the soap for almost a week now and all I can say is wow! My acne has pretty much come to a standstill. There were a couple of zits that were already on their way which came up but healed quickly. Normally these ones would have erupted into large red marks but they stayed small. One thing I've noticed is an increase in oil production. It's not so much that it's a problem and I used to have dry skin so maybe this is how my skin should be naturally. It's still too early to say for sure if my skin is improving for good but things are looking very hopeful! Thanks Pankins!

Im starting to like to pore refining mask now. Originally I did it with green tea and wasn't too impressed. Now I use vegetable juice which is largely tomato juice (90%) with some carrot juice (6%) and a few other vegetables in small amounts.

For me it refines pores a bit and takes down any acne inflamation and it feels nice, like it's cleaning deep.

Im getting a few little spots at the moment, but there gone within 12 hours and don't leave marks, I think it may be from the silicea im on thats expelling anything the soap didn't manage to.

Update from me:

Well, I suppose it's been about two and a half weeks for me on it, and I'm sad to report I'm not quite as happy as I was. I've started breaking out in places I normally don't, and while the zits stay small and go away rather quickly, I wish they wouldn't come up at all. But I suppose beggers can't be choosers eh? I'm sticking to the soap and toner, perhaps it's a delayed break-out? Did anybody else experience break-outs about two weeks in? And did it then get better?

Also, I have a new mission, to get rid of the 'sandpaper' effect. This is what I have on my forehead and chin, lots of bumps, but with no color and/or fluctutations in size, they're just ALWAYS there and I think they've been there for years. It's not noticeable from a distance, but if anybody's real close I'm sure they can easily see all the bumps. I think they're just pores that are kind of like permanently clogged, so is there any recommendations for masks or scrubs? Does anybody even know what I'm talking about? I just bought the St. Ives Apricot Scrub today after reading lots of good reveiws on it, but I'm wondering how I can incorporate it with the Burt's Bees? I'm thinking at night after washing with the soap but before the toner.

I shall continue to post on how it's going, I hope things start to go a little better as I was getting really excited at the prospect that I had finally found my cure.