Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pankins

Burt's Bees Tomato Complexion Bar Soap

Is anyone else using Aloe Vera Gel (i have Fruit of the Earth 100% gel) along with the tomato soap and toner? I used it for the first time last night and this morning and it feels super. Just wondering if anyone was using it and what kind of results they were getting..

Is anyone else using Aloe Vera Gel (i have Fruit of the Earth 100% gel) along with the tomato soap and toner?  I used it for the first time last night and this morning and it feels super.  Just wondering if anyone was using it and what kind of results they were getting..

Update from me:

Well, it's about the fourth day using the soap and I went and got the toner and have been using that for about three days with it.

I am still very much impressed. I haven't gotten an initial breakout, just a few coming to a head here and there, but then they go away quickly. Existing acne is still shrinking and I can't wait for the morning when I wake up and find them gone! I guess the ultimate test will be what happens around the monthly fun time, see if it actually stops any breakouts.

I have stopped using all other products, no more harsh BP and SA products. Just the soap, toner, and CC's dual action moisturizer. (I too love this one Pankins, I found other moisturizers, esepcially Cetaphil, turn my face into a greaseball.)

By the way, I haven't gotten the blemish stick yet, have others found that it made a big difference when using it with the other two products?

I'll keep ya'll posted on updates, but so far so good! Thank you Burt!

I feel that I should add my two cents about this product, just in case it might help reassure someone...

Anyways, first off, I'm impatient when it comes to my skin, so having to wait a week before assessing the benefits of this soap was a bit of a pain in the ass for me. Secondly, I have sensitive-ish skin, oily and once had acne bad enough to warrant Accutane (which I did take ~4 years ago). Third(ly?), I have tannish, "wheat" colored skin. It is beautiful and blotchy, and doing its damnedest to please me.

So Burt's Bees Tomato Soap SMELLS WONDERFUL, in my opinion, but WORKS HORRIBLY. It left my skin peely, like thin sections were peeling off, and I got SO MANY NEW PIMPLES from this. And they didn't turn into whiteheads, which is what usually happens with me, they just stayed and infested my face in the form of painful small to medium sized pimples. The Tomato Soap Toner stung my eyes and both the toner and soap did nothing to decrease oil production; in fact I think I got a little oilier every day I used this soap. BUT, and this is a little funny, right after washing my face, it felt SO DRY, uncomfortably dry.

So I stopped using this soap, and switched to Purpose or another soap that is parallel to Purpose. My skin returned to normal, no more painful pimples, no more oiliness. Well, what I mean is that my skin returned to its relatively oily, and still breaking out state, but none of the actual physical discomfort that came with the Tomato Soap and Toner.

So yes. That's that. Good luck to everyone who uses this soap successfully; congrats on finishing the obnoxious trial and error experimentation that is the path to ridding acne.

I feel that I should add my two cents about this product, just in case it might help reassure someone...

Anyways, first off, I'm impatient when it comes to my skin, so having to wait a week before assessing the benefits of this soap was a bit of a pain in the ass for me. Secondly, I have sensitive-ish skin, oily and once had acne bad enough to warrant Accutane (which I did take ~4 years ago). Third(ly?), I have tannish, "wheat" colored skin. It is beautiful and blotchy, and doing its damnedest to please me.

So Burt's Bees Tomato Soap SMELLS WONDERFUL, in my opinion, but WORKS HORRIBLY. It left my skin peely, like thin sections were peeling off, and I got SO MANY NEW PIMPLES from this. And they didn't turn into whiteheads, which is what usually happens with me, they just stayed and infested my face in the form of painful small to medium sized pimples. The Tomato Soap Toner stung my eyes and both the toner and soap did nothing to decrease oil production; in fact I think I got a little oilier every day I used this soap. BUT, and this is a little funny, right after washing my face, it felt SO DRY, uncomfortably dry.

So I stopped using this soap, and switched to Purpose or another soap that is parallel to Purpose. My skin returned to normal, no more painful pimples, no more oiliness. Well, what I mean is that my skin returned to its relatively oily, and still breaking out state, but none of the actual physical discomfort that came with the Tomato Soap and Toner.

So yes. That's that. Good luck to everyone who uses this soap successfully; congrats on finishing the obnoxious trial and error experimentation that is the path to ridding acne.

I used Burts Bees Wild Lettuce Complexion bar for almost two years and absolutely loved it!!! and get this it was only AU $2.50

But sadly for me the place here in Australia that I used to buy it from decided to stop stocking it. When I found this out I bought their remaining stock = 10 bars. but now that I'm down to my last 2 bars I thought I'd better try to find a replacement...I'm now trying Dove unscented...I'm not loving it...I'm very sad sad.gif

I have the exact same situation unfortunately.

I know you said to hold off quitting for another week Pankin but it just got worse and worse.

3 weeks and every single day I was waking up to a brand new nightmare.  The pimples would just pop up en masse over night and stay as little red mounds.

So I had to do something that would make Dan proud.  I grabbed the BP and I'm going for what works.  I already stained a new shirt my first day back onto the program.  It sucks and I'm considering just BPing at night when I have the freedom of shirtlessness.

I'm considering testing the tomato waters again once the BP clears me up.  I think perhaps I will moisturize the next time around since I'll give some credit to the notion that perhaps not moisturizing forced my skin into sebum production mode: overdrive.

I'm considering AHA for the day and BP at night too.  I'm not sure about those AHAs though, I live in SoCal and don't want to get raped by my heavenly father; the sun.

As much as I'd like a non-BP alternative it seems that BP is all that really thwarted my oily foe.  I should be content I at least found BP.  The shirt was too small anyway.

I think I can now safely say that Burts Bees isn't for me. It hasn't improved things for me, my oil production is slightly higher than before and I now have 2 cysts forming around my mouth which I've never had before. And this final change makes me drop the Burts Bees regimen, it just isn't for me I guess.

Too bad to see my money spent on it and I wont put any money into acne anymore, there is only chemical stuff around here and I should just choose to have a life instead of spending my money on acne: in short, I feel like "f*ck acne" now. I should just get over the whole issue with it as it's mild-moderate and I'll just live with it and wash with warm water every morning and evening. I just hope I will naturally grow out of it. My dad still has cysts but I never had those (just a couple during BB regimen) and my mom is 100 % clear but they both have oily skin so...

Thanks for all your help though, especially Pankins!

I think I can now safely say that Burts Bees isn't for me. It hasn't improved things for me, my oil production is slightly higher than before and I now have 2 cysts forming around my mouth which I've never had before. And this final change makes me drop the Burts Bees regimen, it just isn't for me I guess.

Too bad to see my money spent on it and I wont put any money into acne anymore, there is only chemical stuff around here and I should just choose to have a life instead of spending my money on acne: in short, I feel like "f*ck acne" now. I should just get over the whole issue with it as it's mild-moderate and I'll just live with it and wash with warm water every morning and evening. I just hope I will naturally grow out of it. My dad still has cysts but I never had those (just a couple during BB regimen) and my mom is 100 % clear but they both have oily skin so...

Thanks for all your help though, especially Pankins!

Yo Pankins,

Well, seeing that I'm an impatient moron, I just tried it out for a week or so, and two previous weeks off-and-on. However, each time I was seduced by the intoxicating scent of the Tomato Soap and the exotic promise of going all natural, I would be startled into the reality of very-dry-morphing-into-very-oily skin, heralded with painful, large pimples (I'm a whitehead gal myself, really).

And I think I'm pretty familiar with what I'd like to term, in new-age, Zen fashion, "cleansing breakouts," the ones that appear overnight and dry up just as quickly due to switching to a good and helpful product. But this was not the case with me in regards to Burts Bees. I just went from bad to worse, day after day.

Ugh, damn their delicious scents and clever packaging! Just kidding. I'll probably rub the soap on my wrists a la solid perfume, and be a complete weirdo. (I'm kidding, I won't do that either. Yet.)

Thanks anyways, and I'm really glad it worked for you.

Heart,

i.g.m.p.

Oh, and your enthusiasm and willingness to help was wonderful. Keep it up!

Well with all these negative posts I thought I should post something positive. Well I stopped Dan's reg about 3 weeks ago and since have been doing Burts Bees, and while Im not completely clear... I have NOTHING compared to what I used to get. In the past 3 weeks I have only experienced 2 new pimples and they are tiny, and probabaly were there waiting before I started. Anyways, hope it keeps going well, can anyone recommend a good moistureizer for me cus I want to start using one, in the morning I presume, Pankins what do you use?

I'm currently just using the Burt's Bees Tomato Toner and its keeping my face tight and takes out all the dirt and all.

I'm still waiting on my order of the Tomato Soap and Herbal Blemish stick to add to my present regime hope it works!!

As for the rest of you. You have to use the product for at least a month or for more dramatic results usuage between 3-5 months then you'll see the main products potential for any regimine since the product has to get use to with your face since the previous products you were using could've damaged your skin more and the new products will be tending together with your skin.

So i'm gonna be fully using Burt's Bees for a month and if the results turn out bad i'll stop but if i see semi-results i'll use it for 2-5 months to see how well it works, since i love to use natural products.

As a Moisturizer i'm using just Aloe Vera Gel it's not really a moisturizer but i can't find any good moisturizer that's natural except for Burt's Bees Marshmallow which is Pore clogging also Pankins says she was using some Repair Serum which is oil based and i'm afraid of using Oil Based products on my OILY face.

I found this site while looking for acne treatments.

I have troubled skin. I have had troubled skin since I was about 10 (I am 30). I have tried product after product after product. I have been to the dermatologist and spent countless dollars on prescriptions. I decided to quit going to him when my skin was not clearing completely up and he kept pushing Accutane (which I refuse to consider since I do not have the cysts) and anitbiotics. I will not take antibiotics unless I am deathly ill.

Until recently I have been using ProActiv. It did ok, but with the stress of this school year I guess it can only go so far. So I went on a search for something else.

and I found Burt's Bees. What appealed to me most is that the products are almost 100% all natutral. I have been using the soap, toner, and belmish stick for a week and my skin feels healthier and is looking better. The soap feels like silk when I am washing my face. I bought the pore-refining mask and repairing serum yesterday.

So far so good. My only "complaint" is that my skin seems a little oilier, but that could be due to the change in weather. Either way- I'd rather have oil than zits.

I think I am going to buy stock in the company biggrin.gif

And thanks to all of you for your rave reviews. It was based on you that I decided to give it a try.

Guest OrangeFlower

Pankins,

exactly how long have you been using Burt's bees and how clear is your skin now..

I'm thinking of trying the tomato complexion soap, toner etc. if the regimen doesn't work out. As of now, i've been on the regimen for a week and I see some improvement but my face is really dry. I'm using eucerin moisturizer plus sunscreen and cetaphil facial cleanser. I have mild acne.

Are you using a moisturizer/sunscreen with burt's bees?

confused.gif siiiigh 2.5 weeks in and my forehead has erupted w/ reddish bumps i am not very happy. my forehead for the most part is usually clear but now i break out in places on my face that i never use to. fuuuudge! and i dont believe the whole initial break out period thingy..a good wash should PREVENT pimples not bring them to head. now i have 2 tomato bars and a whole freakin bottle of tomato toner..what a waste sad.gif

Okay, let me preface what I am about to say with something nice so that no one gets their feeling hurt. I love hearing from everyone that has posted on this topic and think you are all great. I am really sorry for those poeple for whom this product didnt work. I feel a smidgen guilty because I am the original poster on this thread and am the one who probably influenced you to try it. I am also thrilled for those of you that have been pleased with it. BUT PLEASE people! At NO point did I tell ANYONE to go out and buy bars and bars and bottles and bottles of this stuff. I simply said try it! I am just tired of hearing people say "now I have 2 or 3 bars and 2 or 3 bottles and this stuff didn't work". That was solely YOUR DECISION to spend your money on a product that you didn't know would work for you, NOT MINE! SELL IT ON EBAY OR TRY TO GET A REFUND! I DIDN'T PUT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD AND SAY "BUY MULTIPLE BARS OF THIS WONDERFUL SOAP"!!!! eusa_wall.gif Please, to anyone who has not tried this soap yet and is considering doing so, ONLY BUY ONE BAR AT THE TIME!!!! BETTER YET, BUY ONE OF THE SUPERFLUOUS BARS THAT SOMEONE HERE DOESN"T WANT, OR EVEN A STARTER KIT!!!! They sell them on ebay. Maybe whilst looking for a starter kit you might come across a bar that someone here is trying to sell. BUY IT! If you indicate that you are someone who is selling it from acne.org, I myself may possibly buy it from you cause I LOVE THIS SHIAT!!!

Sorry, I had to vent! I am not picking on anyone imparticular because I have seen several people say this. Again, I still love you all biggrin.gif Please don't be mad it me!

I forgot who it was who asked me, but I use Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer and have for years (like probably 10 or 12) and I think it is wonderful for people with oily/acne prone skin. It has never broken me out and is not oily at all.

As for using the repairing lotion on your skin: Yes, it is pretty much a bunch of oils that you are putting on your skin, but they are oils that are not supposed to clog your pores and as for ME (yes, me...not necessarily you) they have not broken me out yet. I do not used this all over my face every day. I use it around my eyes twice a day, on the laugh lines around my mouth I am beginning to develop (I am 31) and on any dry patches that I may get. It is really nice stuff and although it is oily, it absorbs quickly...a little goes a long way.

Pankins,

exactly how long have you been using Burt's bees and how clear is your skin now..

I'm thinking of trying the tomato complexion soap, toner etc. if the regimen doesn't work out. As of now, i've been on the regimen for a week and I see some improvement but my face is really dry. I'm using eucerin moisturizer plus sunscreen and cetaphil facial cleanser. I have mild acne.

Are  you using a moisturizer/sunscreen with burt's bees?

Okay, let me preface what I am about to say with something nice so that no one gets their feeling hurt.  I love hearing from everyone that has posted on this topic and think you are all great.  I am really sorry for those poeple for whom this product didnt work.  I feel a smidgen guilty because I am the original poster on this thread and am the one who probably influenced you to try it.  I am also thrilled for those of you that have been pleased with it.  BUT PLEASE people!  At NO point did I tell ANYONE to go out and buy bars and bars and bottles and bottles of this stuff.  I simply said try it!  I am just tired of hearing people say "now I have 2 or 3 bars and 2 or 3 bottles and this stuff didn't work".  That was solely YOUR DECISION to spend your money on a product that you didn't know would work for you, NOT MINE!  SELL IT ON EBAY OR TRY TO GET A REFUND!  I DIDN'T PUT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD AND SAY "BUY MULTIPLE BARS OF THIS WONDERFUL SOAP"!!!!  eusa_wall.gif  Please, to anyone who has not tried this soap yet and is considering doing so, ONLY BUY ONE BAR AT THE TIME!!!!  BETTER YET, BUY ONE OF THE SUPERFLUOUS BARS THAT SOMEONE HERE DOESN"T WANT, OR EVEN A STARTER KIT!!!!  They sell them on ebay.  Maybe whilst looking for a starter kit you might come across a bar that someone here is trying to sell.  BUY IT!  If you indicate that you are someone who is selling it from acne.org, I myself may possibly buy it from you cause I LOVE THIS SHIAT!!!

Sorry, I had to vent!  I am not picking on anyone imparticular because I have seen several people say this.  Again, I still love you all  biggrin.gif Please don't be mad it me!

I forgot who it was who asked me, but I use Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer and have for years (like probably 10 or 12) and I think it is wonderful for people with oily/acne prone skin. It has never broken me out and is not oily at all.

As for using the repairing lotion on your skin:  Yes, it is pretty much a bunch of oils that you are putting on your skin, but they are oils that are not supposed to clog your pores and as for ME (yes, me...not necessarily you) they have not broken me out yet.  I do not used this all over my face every day.  I use it around my eyes twice a day, on the laugh lines around my mouth I am beginning to develop (I am 31) and on any dry patches that I may get.  It is really nice stuff and although it is oily, it absorbs quickly...a little goes a long way.

Pankins, please note that I am in no way mad at you or think you're the reason I bought all the stuff. That was my decision and not your obviously smile.gif. I'm glad that you posted your holy regimen and was able to help people, unfortunately that just doesn't include me. Thanks though. Oh and on a positive note, it looks a bit like I blush on my cheeks now and girls seem to think its cute tongue.gif.

A few things I'd like to say. I think I know for sure this soap isn't for my skin. I used it today when taking a shower on my body and it just felt stripped right after I washed it. It didn't feel smooth but my hands would have immense trouble to 'glide' over it if you know what it mean. More like 'bump-bump-bump'.

I just took a really close look at my face in the mirror and my face is only oily in the regions I've used it on, close to my eyes my skin doesn't look oily at all and super healthy. So I'm just going to wash with water from now on, morning and evening. No more products on my face.

Pankins, please note that I am in no way mad at you or think you're the reason I bought all the stuff. That was my decision and not your obviously smile.gif. I'm glad that you posted your holy regimen and was able to help people, unfortunately that just doesn't include me. Thanks though. Oh and on a positive note, it looks a bit like I blush on my cheeks now and girls seem to think its cute tongue.gif.

A few things I'd like to say. I think I know for sure this soap isn't for my skin. I used it today when taking a shower on my body and it just felt stripped right after I washed it. It didn't feel smooth but my hands would have immense trouble to 'glide' over it if you know what it mean. More like 'bump-bump-bump'.

I just took a really close look at my face in the mirror and my face is only oily in the regions I've used it on, close to my eyes my skin doesn't look oily at all and super healthy. So I'm just going to wash with water from now on, morning and evening. No more products on my face.

Hi! this is my first post, and i hope you all can help me out! I recently used clinique's 3 step system, and it freaked out my skin.. made it all red and sore.. now my dr. and i have came to the conclusion that its sensitive and dry. I want to use Burt's products, but not sure exactly will work for someone with sensitive, dry, AND acne prone skin.. at the moment i think i might have three spots... but HATE IT! any insight?! eusa_think.gif