Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pennguy22

My Personal Breakthrough w/ Acne!!

I have struggled w/ acne for a for several years now. The one thing that always confused me was how when I went away to college, my face cleared up- then when I would be home for the Summer or Winter breaks, it would get bad again...I now am out of school and have been for over a year. The acne was back - I tried the regimen with improvement but not total clearing. About two months ago I moved out- my face got clear and has been ever since.

My point is that I think the type of water (Hard vs. Soft) is what is making all the difference!!!! The water at my Parents house washes off soap very quickly- at my new place it kinda feels like the soap stays on you even when you are washing it off....

I don't know which water is which type- but that is what it has to be!!! Anyone else experience similar things?

It makes no sense to me- but its true.

This may be a fluke but...it seems when I am away from home. Visiting relatives or just away from everyday life and stress. My face does also tend to clear up. I went to New York for christmas and my face was great, when I came on back to Texas it slowly went back to the way it normally is. I really don't know why this is for me, I tend to stress a lot about everything and think maybe when I'm away from it all and have nothing to stress about I don't break out so bad. I'm not even sure if stress is a proven cause of Acne, but it seems the less stress and drama I have in my life the better my Acne is.

mine is the same .. at uni my face is much better .. when i leave for a few weeks 2 go on holiday it clears up .. i have no understanding of why this is but i 2 thought it had something 2 do with the water .. and not what i drink what i wash in .. maybe its the air lol .. i dont know

Yeah man....I DEFINATELY prefer soft water over hard water. Hard water is what basically takes off the soap and it really feels like it's off. Soft water is where your skin feels silky smooth after. It makes your hair and skin so vibrant...I LOVE IT! Too bad my sister has it and my parents don't here at home. But the first thing imma make sure of when I buy a house in like 5 years or whenever.....is to get SOFT WATER!!!! IT"S THE BEST EVER! I swear by it.

-Shawn-