Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exavier

RETIN A DIARY (W/ PICS)

One thing is certain, I hate acne. Today marks the start of a brand new Regimen for me, RETIN A. I think that by making this diary and posting pictures and such I will be able to document my results and get advice from all you guys. I promise you that I will not backout of the Retnin treatment and will give it a decent show....no matter how flaky my skin gets.

Here is my problem region (chin) as of now, before any treatment. The rest of my face is clean.

pubimage.asp?id_=2184341

Would you guys say that I have mild acne? Moderate? I cannot really tell. Do I also have the redmarks that everyone is talking about...I think I do.

Anyhow here is the regimen I propose:

PM: Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, wait 20 minutes, apply pea sized amt. Tretinion Cream.

AM: Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, wait 20 minutes, apply Cetaphil Daily Facial Mosturizer.

Is there anything else I should do? Maybe some meds in the day. My regimen is still being developed!!! I need your guys help.

Here are the products

pubimage.asp?id_=2184342

Alright, that is all for now. I shall start the regimen tonight and keep you guys informed. In the mean time, give me advice...or encouragment...or whatever. :D

Well it is day too and already my skin is sooooooo dry. I have to apply moisturizer very very generously. I was wondering if you can use Vita-K with the Retin A...has anyone had experience with that? Stupid red marks..

Sorry about the pictures, i'm trying to find a site that can host them. For now you have to paste the URL into your browser to view.

Due to excessive red spots, I think I will try out this Vita-K stuff. Do you think it will still work if only worn during the day?? Since I have Retin A on at night, I figure this is the best (and only) time. I plan to apply clean face, apply Vita-K, and then mosturize. Does anyone have experience doing this?

Oh yeah, can you guys see the pictures now?

i think u should go on a mild antibiotic .to clear up. if the ritina micro doesnt work. i have a question for u too..is this ur first time with retin-a micro ,and ur using .25 it might be too irritating..i used .1 perecent and my skin peelsed like a mother fucker..and my acne was milder..ive been using minocin and now im gonna go on accutane my acne is milder than urs and the derm put me on accutane u might wanna look into that

My old derm was pretty clueless....thus I have been refered to a new one and am awaiting an appointment. So we shall see. Actaully the concentration is .025 not .25, it is pretty mild. I have faith in the Retin A, but will still take advice from the derm.

Hrm...I really don't think I need to go on accutane. I ONLY have acne on my chin and I never thought it was THAT bad. I think the camera shot makes it look worse that in it :wink: But who knows, do you really think it's worth looking into?

well try bp it will work i think if its like that on ur whole face i recomend accutane..me mine hardly got like urs but for some reason the derm put me on accutane 40 mgs a day..i just recomend u ask about it..remember "clear skin is what u want"

WEEK 2

So it's the beginning of week two. I am depressed, seriously. Look at the pics and see for yourself...my skin has only gotten worse. The retin A at night doesn't even seem to be drying my skin. What should I do?

pubimage.asp?id_=2246822

You need Tazorac and you may need you switch moisturizers. I think cetaphil made my skin worse and it felt greasy. I like SolBar spf50, I thought it was great as a moisturizer. Go to philosophy's website and buy Hope and a Prayer. Mix it with you moisturizer and you will get results!

www.philosophy.com

www.dermstore.com (solbar)

Keep you chin up!

oh yeah, try getting a prescription for retin-a micro or tazorac. that no name crap you have is too low of a concentration to have good effect.

oh yeah, try getting a prescription for retin-a micro or tazorac. that no name crap you have is too low of a concentration to have good effect.

I disagree. I am currently using the same exact type he is (brand & strength) and I have before. It has the same important ingredient in Retin A, it is just generic. To me the only difference is the name & price.

So it has been 3 weeks and a day now...and i am upset. I thought I had been doing relatively well this past week. But I wake up today and my face looks like bloody sunday. I have kinda stopped using the cetaphil moisturizer becuaes i think it makes things worse. I also think that the cetaphil face wash makes things worse as well. But I don't even know anymore, there are too many varialbes in this regimen and I don't know which ones are working. I didn't take a picture because i know it will just be worse than before. I shall stay on this regimen purely because i am awaiting a derm appointment.

i'm telling you man, don't self-medicate. go to the dermatologist and get a prescription. you can get Retin-A or Tazorac that has a stronger concentration (0.1% or 0.4%, instead of 0.025%) so it will have a better effect. Also being diagnosed by someone who devotes their life to skin would be helpful, as he/she could recommend better products that could work for you.