Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ms-PiggleWiggle

Camellia, jojoba, emu oils..etc

Ive read a lot of posts in which people say those oils do wonders for red marks and scarring... i wonder if its true im thinking about buying a bottle of that Silkia Camellia Oil. Any words of wisdom my comrades?!

ames

I haven't tried camellia myself, but I have had good results with red marks and acne through using emu, jojoba and hazelnut oils for the past year (not all at once!) They won't help with scarring for most people, but they will improve overall skin condition and help fade red marks.

Try doing a search for camellia oil - there's a lengthy thread from a while back discussing it.

EDIT: I found the link for you myself. smile.gifhttp://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...033&hl=camellia

I haven't tried camellia myself, but I have had good results with red marks and acne through using emu, jojoba and hazelnut oils for the past year (not all at once!) They won't help with scarring for most people, but they will improve overall skin condition and help fade red marks.

Try doing a search for camellia oil - there's a lengthy thread from a while back discussing it.

EDIT: I found the link for you myself.  smile.gifhttp://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...033&hl=camellia

Hi,

I've been using the hazelnut oil combined with the clarifying synergy on the recommendations of some of the other members here, and although I've only been using it for a week, I absolutely love it! I'm already using it in preference to emu and jojoba. But I do think that the clarifying synergy has a lot to do with this (it's a blend of healing essential oils)

Together, the mixture should help combat active acne and red marks, although it will probably not help with scarring.

There is a lot of information on hazelnut oil and clarifying synergy here:

Nature's Gift

but you can get it for slightly cheaper: Clearskin forever

Hope this is helpful. If you do a search on the board there's a good deal of further information on hazelnut oil and the essential oils contained in the clarifying synergy.

Hi, there are no oils that have been scientifically proven to cure red marks and scarring, but some can be great moisturizers (I shave with jojoba) or even have some anti-bacterial properties such as Manuka oil (I believe it’s an extracted/purified version of Manuka honey) or tea tree oil. (I put a couple drops of this in aformentioned homemade shaving/love potion #nein*)

Oops, after skimming the other posts... I don’t mean to contradict you, Rossignol. I will add italic to the word “scientifically� and specify that I haven't seen any formal studies that prove these types of claims about any essential or other oils. I did read one study showing that tea tree oil kills p acnes pretty well. I wub.gif studies.

*sometimes I hide really stupid puns in my posts

Hi,

I've been using the hazelnut oil combined with the clarifying synergy on the recommendations of some of the other members here, and although I've only been using it for a week, I absolutely love it! I'm already using it in preference to emu and jojoba. But I do think that the clarifying synergy has a lot to do with this (it's a blend of healing essential oils)

Together, the mixture should help combat active acne and red marks, although it will probably not help with scarring.

There is a lot of information on hazelnut oil and clarifying synergy here:

Nature's Gift

but you can get it for slightly cheaper: Clearskin forever

Hope this is helpful. If you do a search on the board there's a good deal of further information on hazelnut oil and the essential oils contained in the clarifying synergy.

bump

I'm hopefully going on accutane soon, and in order to combat the dryness that I'll likely go through, I would like to use one of the three listed in the title. Which would help in moisturizing the best, and possibly also help with scarring?

I myself bought a bottle of Silkia Camellia Oil myself here while back because I heard the raves about it helping heal pitted acne on some other board.

I did not use it long enough to really know if it worked though, I could never get it to sink into my skin (left me a slimy mess).

My mom bought me some Silkia camellia oil and i have been using it for 8 months. As of now some tiny pits are eliminiated and a handful of deeper ones are about 70% improved. You have to use it diligently like 2x a day to see anything. My mom also made my sister use it. She had a little breakout at first but after the breakout went away she was okay and said her scars are improving month by month.

So is camellia oil a good moisturizer too then?

Right. it's a good moisturizer. I don't need to use anything else and another plus is I can use it with my acne meds. It kills the dryness, redness and flakiness. My mom uses it on her eczema skin and its helping.