Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

everynight before I go to bed I suffer from discomfort/itching/burning on my face from putting bp on its very irritating, is this a sign of irritation from the bp?

It is almost definately the BP, it irritates most people to varying degrees. If it irritates you this much it's up to you whether to temporarily decrease the amount until your skin becomes more used to it, or continue on, or stop altogether.

I'd use a little bit less for a while, maybe once a day too, just until your skin feels less irritated using it, then I'd slowly increase the amount until you aren't bothered much at all... Most people will still get some redness after using BP for months, but in most I think it also subsides quickly, if your skin is more sensitive, you may have the same irritations you do now but just to a lesser extent.

Tell me how you do!

It is almost definately the BP, it irritates most people to varying degrees.  If it irritates you this much it's up to you whether to temporarily decrease the amount until your skin becomes more used to it, or continue on, or stop altogether.

I'd use a little bit less for a while, maybe once a day too, just until your skin feels less irritated using it, then I'd slowly increase the amount until you aren't bothered much at all... Most people will still get some redness after using BP for months, but in most I think it also subsides quickly, if your skin is more sensitive, you may have the same irritations you do now but just to a lesser extent.

Tell me how you do!