Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First off, I am a 14-year old male that has/had mild acne. A year or so ago, I wouldn't have even called it acne. It's more like an occasional pimple from shitty diet. I just washed with a dial soap bar and warm water, and I was fine. Eventually, I got a few more pimples (too much chocolate sad.gif ) and decided to buy an SA wash and BP spot treatment. Crap. Didn't work. I used it occasionally, but I still wasn't convinced it did anything. I got more and more into regimens (started ChristineM's, to Dan's, to Botchla's) and it got worse and worse. Of course, I just thought it was just shit coming to the surface, but was it?

Finally, after reading almost ½ of the posts on this site, I came to the conclusion that it's my fault my acne is worsening (duhhh). So, this is my last week on botchla's, and I'm gonna switch to vinegar, then water. So, this is basically what I'll be doing:

First Week:

Basically same regimen in my profile. Lessening the BP and SA wash every day until it's basically nothing. Then time to put that shit away cause then it's...

Week 2-4:

Switch to vinegar and just mosturizer. I'm expecting a pretty big breakout, (which sucks cause I was gonna ask this girl out, so I'm ready for a self-esteem drop sad.gif )

Week 5+:

Switch to warm water and mosturizer (for SPF). Now, if I make it this far without killing myself, I'm hoping I'll feel better and have a better complexion. I might use Queen Helene Mask's occasionally (especially the egg yolk one, because it contains Vitamin E for scars.) If I don't have improvments by 2 monthes, I might go back to Botchla's.

Anyway, tomorrow is day 1, so it'll be pretty much the same, but wish me luck. I'll have to hide all my knives and long clothing, because what I'm doing is basically suicidal to me, but whatever. I'll update this accordingly.

dude, i respect you.

I recently made the switch to nothing but dove sensitive. You will break out when you stop, but a few weeks later, you will be thanking god you stopped harsh chemicals. Even if you still have some acne left, your face will simply feel better, and that itself is worth it, believe me. Good luck man.

keep us updated.

Thanks guys! Once I get a month or two into this im sure I'll be mad I didn't start this earlier. Anyway, I just tried my new mosturizer, CnC Morning Burst (or something) and it's like a god! My skin didn't have that red shine after I used it! biggrin.gif

I'm about ½ way through week 1...I'm slowly lowering the dose of SA and BP cleanser...Probably Friday or Saturday I'll start the ACV.

On another negative note, I'm STILL getting pimples from my regimen, which sucks cause they're not even pimples, just red marks with a speck of dead skin. It's pretty gay, cause now I have like 4-5 more red marks to add to the total. ARGGG!

Well, tomorrow I start the ACV. I've completely taken out the nature's cure and panthotenic acid pills, because they didn't do anything anyway. I'll let you know how it goes (I'm praying to not have a big breakout, even though I probably will.)

I'm on the 2nd day of the "water-regimen". So far, so good! I've missed 3 BP (2 nights, 1 morning) applications, and ever since the two whiteheads that dropped on the same day they formed, I've not gotten any new pimple. Cool smile.gif Just that I'm super oily :/

I'm guessing don't worry too much about the breakouts. Drink plenty of water, don't do anything drastic like what AlexAlmighty did (I believe diet affects acne) and you'll be fine. I'm ready for the breakout, cuz I know it'll only take a couple of days for them to heal.

Hmm, I don't wanna curse it, but my face is looking better than it even has (well the acne part anyway, I'm still pale from the bronchitis.) I think the ACV is fading the red marks, cause they are definitely a lot less noticable now. Not 1 pimples yet! I'll keep ya updated...

Hmm, I don't wanna curse it, but my face is looking better than it even has (well the acne part anyway, I'm still pale from the bronchitis.) I think the ACV is fading the red marks, cause they are definitely a lot less noticable now. Not 1 pimples yet! I'll keep ya updated...

gutsy.. VERY gutsy, i did gentle cleasner + acv for 3 weeks or so, at first worked very well, then i got a big breakout and decided to quit, probably would have worked it i stuck with it, so keep ur head on straight.

I'm doing the same thing you are. I'm sick of harsh chemicals and stingy skin after applying products. I went from using cetaphil,differin and finacea (prescribed by derm) to just cetaphil and differin, to no differin and ACV, and now i'm on Clearsil ultra face wash and sunscreen.

My face is clearer then it's been in a year. All those products react with each other and cause your skin irritation. I will add the ACV back in a few days. But i think less is more in skin care.