Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
name1237895

regimin side effects

im thinking about starting the regimin...only thing that is holding me back is the side effects it might have....could someone who actually knows their stuff (dan or someone else) give me answers plz, not someone whos just guessing?

i know things like this have been posted before on these topics, but mostly they get contradictory answers by uneducated people making random guesses...

does the regimin make your skin dependent on the products, so you will break out if you ever stop using them, even if you would have grown out of it by then if you had done nothing?

if ive used bp before, but havent used it in months, will my skin have to get used to it again? (redness, dryness, etc)

does bp cause premature aging of skin?

any other long term side effects?

does the neutrogena 2.5% cream have pretty much have same effectiveness as the bp gel, it just doesnt go in as good?

-thanks

Don't come here cocky and saying that people are just guessing, that is what makes people not want to help you out.

If you grew out of acne while you were on the regimen, then you would no longer need the regimen, since you grew out of acne and your hormones are balanced. Bp doesn't affect hormones.

Depends on you, for me no.

Some say it does, some say it doesnt, their are no studies to back up anything.

Cancer and aids.

2.5% bp is 2.5% bp last time i checked. dans bp is a lot bigger though

does the regimin make your skin dependent on the products, so you will break out if you ever stop using them, even if you would have grown out of it by then if you had done nothing?

No, your skin will not become dependent. However, if bp clears you up, when you stop, you will most likely break out unless, as you say, you have grown out of acne.

if ive used bp before, but havent used it in months, will my skin have to get used to it again? (redness, dryness, etc)

Yes

does bp cause premature aging of skin?

No, bp is actually an anti-inflammatory. However, it does tend to dry the skin, so keep it moisturized.

any other long term side effects?

http://acne.org/bpsafety.html

No, your skin will not become dependent.  However, if bp clears you up, when you stop, you will most likely break out unless, as you say, you have grown out of acne.

Yes

No, bp is actually an anti-inflammatory.  However, it does tend to dry the skin, so keep it moisturized.

http://acne.org/bpsafety.html

i'm afraid so, the use of bp has actually been declared a war crime and as such it's possession now carries a mandatory 15 year sentence, though people who can show it was just for their own personal use may escape with a much lighter punishment.

stay safe dont deal .... bp? (oh and p.s using hair gel causes the plaugue)

on a more serious note hoyahonee, please, seek help