Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazerking

cetaphil on accutane

I was just wondering if cetaphil moisturizing lotion is good for you while on accutane. also, if you think it sucks what do you use instead.

I've been on Accutane for about 20 days now, and its working great so far. I use cetaphil mosturiser and cleanser every morning and night, and I don't think I'd ever go a day without it.

I use cetaphil face cream with SPF 15, not greesy at all! I also use the cleanser too daily I started before I was on accutane and use it on it and I will most likely use it when I am done with accutane too!

Gosh no I don't use Cetaphil. Can't stand that stuff! My dermo used to give it to me every time I went for a checkup. I'd throw it in the trash. It leaves this horrible filmy greasy mess on my face when I use it.

For a while, I was unable to use Cetaphil because it was too greasy and seemed to aggravate my acne. Now, I am able to use it and have fallen in love with how soft it makes my face look sans acne. Even though it’s not a moisturizer, I had good luck with Cleocin-T lotion during my first few weeks on Accutane. Several people on this site have also mentioned using Oil of Olay Total Effects in place of Cetaphil. I won’t use it because the smell of the lotion reminds me of someone I don’t really like - - how trite!

If you use the Cetaphil FACE lotion it is not greesy, only the regualr lotion is greesy, but good for the body but not the face. I have tried everything in the past and this is all that works for me, everyone has diff. skin. I also tried nearly every acne product over the years and nothing has worked too! My last resort is the accutane!! eusa_clap.gif I guess it is just trial and error till you find something that works for you.

Emma... It doesn't seem to be too bad while you're on accutane, eh.

Doesn't really cause any breakouts for me at least.

I can't stand Cetaphil. I alternate now between the Dove Exfoilating Wash (because it exfoilates as well as a srub for me without the harshness) and an Aveeno cleanser (Positively Radiant) because it's soap free and I find now my skin is REALLY sensitive. I've also been using the Positively Radiant moisturizer by Aveeno and love it.