Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys

ok today a pimple was begging to be popped and so i did.. i managed to squeeze that grain like shit out of my pimple...however!!!!!!!! the grainlike thing left a tiny little pin hole in my skin!! now usually back before i ever used retin a micro when ever i squeezed the grain like shit or blackhead or whitehead the little hole closes up in like 20 minute but its been like 5 hours and the hole like shit is still there!! and probably going to leave a tiny pin hole scar...its been happening lately ever since i began retin a...on my 5th week!!! retin a makes my skin prone to scarring!! wtf gives!!! is it just me!!! im thinking i should stop retin a..because scars are harder to deal with as oppsed to red marks!

does anyone have similiar problems !?!

5 weeks isn't nearly enough time. Trust me. You need to give it the FULL 3 months for it to really take effect. Keep using it. It cleared me up when I had really bad cystic acne on my cheeks.

Oh yeah and don't worry about the pinhole. I've had ones that stayed opened for awhile but they always seemed to close up over time. But I'm sure you know what everyone says about picking anyway.

Are you still using it pendorf? for how long have you been using it?

I had to stop using it because it made my face very red and even now years later my face is still a bit red. That's probably also because of all the other acne products I've tried, including benzoyl peroxide. I was on it for around a year I believe. My cystic acne in my cheeks never came back except for an occasional one (like one thats on my cheek right now and driving me crazy). However my chin and jawline started breaking out again when I quit. And they still do.

Hi guys

ok today a pimple was begging to be popped and so i did.. i managed to squeeze that grain like shit out of my pimple...however!!!!!!!!  the grainlike thing left a tiny little pin hole in my skin!! now usually back before i ever used retin a micro when ever i squeezed the grain like shit or blackhead or whitehead the little hole closes up in like 20 minute but its been like 5 hours and the hole like shit is still there!! and probably going to leave a tiny pin hole scar...its been happening lately ever since i began retin a...on my 5th week!!!  retin a makes my skin prone to scarring!! wtf gives!!!  is it just me!!! im thinking i should stop retin a..because scars are harder to deal with as oppsed to red marks!

does anyone have similiar problems !?!

Ditto to what pendorf said . . .it takes several months to see full effects. I tried retin-a, but all the formulations made my skin too dry. So I switched to Differin cream - still a retinoid, but a lot of people find it less drying. It worked great for me - definitely had clearer skin. BTW, it also helps prevent wrinkles . . .probably not worried about that yet. But, trying to look at the positive side of things, wink.gif people will pay full price for Retin-A/Differin for its cosmetic/anti-wrinkle effect b/c insurance won't cover it for that reason. We get it covered by insurance thanks to acne!! (assuming you have insurance, that is.)

Ditto to what pendorf said . . .it takes several months to see full effects.  I tried retin-a, but all the formulations made my skin too dry.  So I switched to Differin cream - still a retinoid, but a lot of people find it less drying.  It worked great for me - definitely had clearer skin.  BTW, it  also helps prevent wrinkles . . .probably not worried about that yet.  But, trying to look at the positive side of things, wink.gif  people will pay full price for Retin-A/Differin for its cosmetic/anti-wrinkle effect b/c insurance won't cover it for that reason.  We get it covered by insurance thanks to acne!! (assuming you have insurance, that is.)

i have insurance but it doesnt cover retin a...=*(

my skin looks bad on retin a...and im ending my 5th week.....when will this initial break out end......

It takes what seems like a really long time to start seeing full improvement. Somewhere in the range of 2 to 3 months. Just stick with it