Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeavenlySin

Makeup and Accutane?

-Hey hey guys! Well, I was finally prescribed Accutane at 30 mg/day, and am a bit nervous as to how this is going to effect my daily makeup routine. Just for the record, I am one of those girls who simply would not go through the day without her makeup.

So, now that I am officially going on Accutane, I was thinking of changing from St. Ives Salicylic Acid Apricot Scrub, to the regular non-medicated form. Also, I was going to get Cetaphil SPF 15 moisturizer... Do you think that will effectively rid my face of flakeys once Accutane has taken over?

Right now I use Lancome's Teint Idole, MAC Studio Finish Concealer, with Lancome Photogenic Pressed Powder over top.

One more question... it's a little of topic. Do you think I should continue my regular regimen of BP and SA exfoliator until I start to feel the effects of Accutane?

ok

I was on accutane.... you will NEED to get a really good moisturizing face wash and Cetaphil. I used the Cetaphil wash. It doesn't wash your makeup off good, so I used a really soft wash cloth. Not to get you scared of accutane, but you REALLY dry out!! BIG TIME. well atleast i did. You should get a moisturizing foundation, too. Also fyi your scalp will dry out a tad and so will your lips, so get stuff for that too. It is so worth it!! BELIEVE ME!! I don't know if you know that accutane actually shrinks your oil glands, so for a while after your treatment you shouldn't use a harsh regimen. You also might break out bad your first couple of weeks. that is just the meds working. Let me know if you have any other questions hun! I was sooo nervous when i got accutane,, i had it in my house for weeks before i took a pill. It was hard going through the stages,,, but believe ,me it is sooooooooooooo worth it!!! eusa_dance.gif

how long have you been off accutane for and how bad was your acne before you went on? I am on my 3rd month now and still recovering from the initial breakout, i didn't have alot of acne (just on my cheeks really), but the acne I did get was usually in the form of cysts cry.gif I really hope accutane works for me eusa_pray.gif

I would NOT suggest using any BP while on 'tane - even if you are breaking out. BP is not good for your skin - can cause more scarring, premature aging - etc. The 'tane is going to dehydrate your skin no matter what you do and no matter if you're breaking out still or not - putting BP on your skin isn't going to help any - infact it may make it worse. I tried while I was on 'tane a few times and it didn't speed me through the breakout process and while on 'tane your skin has a hard time healing as it is, why make it worse with bp?

how long have you been off accutane for and how bad was your acne before you went on?  I am on my 3rd month now and still recovering from the initial breakout, i didn't have alot of acne (just on my cheeks really), but the acne I did get was usually in the form of cysts  cry.gif I really hope accutane works for me eusa_pray.gif