Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gullyber

TCA Cross

Just would like to share my experience. I have had tca cross done and had almost 50% improvement and I would like to say my outlook on life has changed. Its like waking up from a bad dream. I am more confident now and happier, having pple tell u that u look good helps alot i guess. So ya I guess i am paying it forward. This is the 1st time i have been on this board in 2 mths. TCA cross works but try to get it done by a doctor. I dunno when i will be back here or maybe I won't be back so I would just like to share and bring some good news and hope.

Just would like to share my experience. I have had tca cross done and had almost 50% improvement and I would like to say my outlook on life has changed. Its like waking up from a bad dream. I am more confident now and happier, having pple tell u that u look good helps alot i guess. So ya I guess i am paying it forward. This is the 1st time i have been on this board in 2 mths. TCA cross works but try to get it done by a doctor. I dunno when i will be back here or maybe I won't be back so I would just like to share and bring some good news and hope.

That's really good to hear! eusa_clap.gifbiggrin.gif I really think TCA cross is the closest thing to getting rid of scars...I wish it wasn't so potent, otherwise I would do it on myself!! Or how I wish there were bloody doctors here in Vancouver who did it...... doubt.gif skin/scar treatment is so behind here in canada, it's unbelievable... rolleyes.gif

I would be lost if i hadn't found this board and learned of tca. It has almost completely gotten rid of my scars.

Over the months, i've been doing light peels and a few crosses religiously. I've had about 5 boxcar ones i've been trying to fix forever. I did a 50% on them last month and they look about 80% better. I know it's not wise to get your hopes up but they usually don't stay gone for this long. I normally do a peel and the next week, they're back. They haven't came back yet after about 5 weeks. THey'd probobly be completely gone if i did another.

It's a great product and I highly recommend it.

Ok. So now that I have made an appointment to have needling all of 24 hours ago....it feels like this might not be the right one? I've waited so long to do this and I thought needling worked well. TCA is really that good is it? It scares me because it is acid. The thought of a powerful acid coming in contact with my face is disturbing.....I thought I had chosen the least evasive while being effective form of scar revision. I don't know what to do?

I won't lie, putting the TCA on for the first time (even if it's only 25%, like what I'm using) is scary as hell. I FREAKED OUT when it started to frost, and started wondering what on earth I had just done to myself. Granted, I only did a test patch (gonna do the full thing tomorrow night), but it was still nerve-wracking. So far, though, everything seems okay.

Hi! I am thinking of trying TCA cross...where can I buy it? Is it expensive? I'm thinking of starting with 50%. Or should I start at a lower percentage? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

25% is still pretty serious to do all over your face. It's safe but I was too chicken to do that. The highest i went was 12% and I still peeled quite good. I wish I had the downtime to do a higher strength.

If you want to do tca cross, 50% is usually where you start, I think. But just be careful with it. I kinda made one of my scars wider because it wasn't deep enough to begin with. I bought mine from a website everyone on here mentions. Loganwood skincare I think it was. It's not too expensive considering it's such a high strength and the amount I got will last me a long time. I think it cost around $50.

I was really nervous until I did the test patch. So far, it's gone perfectly, although I'm not sure if I left it on long enough (I did kinda chicken out in that regard). I'm doing it in the hopes of reducing/removing some very superficial scarring I have-- doing CROSS on them would be serious overkill as they are so very shallow.