Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lauramarie

hmm..i'm confused! and in need of help!

hey all! i have only 1 zite left on my skin but i have A TON of red marks! they are so ugly..i look disgutsing with them! but trying to cover them up is hard!

do i use a green concealer or a yellow one to contrats the red? and over that do I put a concelaer a shade lighter than my skin tone or darker?? confusing...confusing!

Go for a yellow toned concealer with plenty of pigment. I love MAC studio one, the one in what looks like an eyeshadow pot. and always go lighter, never darker cos that just shows the marks up more.

I agree go with the yellow, but you know if you go with more of a matte foundation you would not have to use any concealer and that means less cloging ie, future break outs. I suggest using a slightly yellower color rather then a pinker tone, that way it will not enhance your spots. I am a cosmetologist and currently on accutane, 2nd week. My point is that the less you cake on your face the better. I suggest Estee Lauder "So Ingenious" or even on the less expensive side Maybellene (which is the same stuff that is in a Clinique bottle) But go with a matte and always OIL FREE! And if less expensive is the way to go, you will save money by not having to buy a consealer too! Just one bottle of foundation! I hope this helps you some. eusa_angel.gif

I disagree on using a yellow color, but I think it depends on personal skin tone and preference. Every time I have gone to a makeup counter or had my makeup done professionally, they have always used a green tint to help hide whatever redness I have had.

If I remember art class correctly, on the color wheel red is opposite of green, and yellow is opposite of purple. So you should find a color that is opposite from your spots to help neutralize and cancel it out. If you have purple tones under your eyes, use yellow. If you have red spots, use green.

This website has a pretty good explanation, as well as tips on how to use. (They say to use a your fingertips but I personally use a concealer brush as it blends much nicer for me.)

click!

I hope that helps, and good luck! smile.gif

I disagree on using a yellow color, but I think it depends on personal skin tone and preference.  Every time I have gone to a makeup counter or had my makeup done professionally, they have always used a green tint to help hide whatever redness I have had.

If I remember art class correctly, on the color wheel red is opposite of green, and yellow is opposite of purple.  So you should find a color that is opposite from your spots to help neutralize and cancel it out.  If you have purple tones under your eyes, use yellow.  If you have red spots, use green.

This website has a pretty good explanation, as well as tips on how to use.  (They say to use a your fingertips but I personally use a concealer brush as it blends much nicer for me.)

click!

I hope that helps, and good luck!  smile.gif