Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alaskacne

Someone please give me some advice!

My acne isnt really that bad at all right now, but I am really shy. When I'm around guys its better, and I can talking to them pretty well. But when I'm alone with a girl, I just like freeze up and can't think of anything to say and I end up saying really stupid stuff or nothing at all. Please, does anyone have any advice to help me out? I am too shy and girls like me at first, but when I don't have anything to say or anything, they become bored very easily and move on. Please help me!

My acne isnt really that bad at all right now, but I am really shy. When I'm around guys its better, and I can talking to them pretty well. But when I'm alone with a girl, I just like freeze up and can't think of anything to say and I end up saying really stupid stuff or nothing at all. Please, does anyone have any advice to help me out? I am too shy and girls like me at first, but when I don't have anything to say or anything, they become bored very easily and move on. Please help me!

theres a difference between being shy and being socially anxious, which do you lean towards more?

I mean when you are with girls are you really nervous? The answer is obvious, but hard. You have to keep practising. Shying away from the problem will make it worse.

I suffer the same problem as you. Changing requires hardwork.

i think the only solution for that is practice.. of course youre going to be shy at first. like angelj said, shyness is a natural part of growing up, but it is something you can overcome. just takes getting used to, the more you talk to girls the less intimidating it will be. also, try and take some pressure off yourself! remember that nobody is judging you, especially not on your looks.. and if they do, theyre not worth your time anyways. but honestly, just be yourself (as cliche as that is).. most girls will really appreciate a guy whos genuine and nice (despite the "girls hate nice guys" thing, but thats a different matter). also, as polkadots said, it may be a good idea to determine whether you lean towards shyness or social anxiety, because the latter is a bit of a deeper problem. anyways, good luck and take care! smile.gif - Lisa

Thank u all for your responses. I would say that I am shy, because I am not nervous when I am around them, I just really don't know what to say or what to do. I feel pretty calm.

I'd say practice as well, because I used to be shy, but now, im really good with the ladies! I make them laugh, and im pretty good at keeping a conversation alive. So I mean, its going to take some time, but let it build naturally, dont force it, because then your going to come off as fake, and girls see right through that, trust me.