Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
notsoshyguy

Not washing my face worked for me!

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share my cleansing method with you all. Before my current method, I would wash my face with soap and then I would moisturize. I always changed soaps because none of them seemed to help. I had probably tried more than 15! Well, my face would always get dry, and I would break out more.

One of my cousins would always tell me, "stop washing your face with soap" but I never listened. That never seemed to make sense to me. I always felt that a dirty face needed to be washed with soap to be clean. I don't know how long it took me to finally listen to him.

Anyway, I stopped washing my face with soap for a while, and I noticed that my face would no longer dry out and flake. I started rinsing my face with luke warm water alone, and sometimes I would rinse it with lotion. When I rinse it with lotion, I get a lot of it and apply to my skin and I just massage my face as if I was cleaning it with soap, and then I would rinse it.

My face started to look and feel better. It is now smoother! I no longer break out like I used to. I don't get white heads anymore yeah!

Try this to see if it works for you! Hopefully it does!

Anyway, I'm happy about being able to control my breakouts! The only thing is that now my scars are what depress me grrrr!!

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share my cleansing method with you all. Before my current method, I would wash my face with soap and then I would moisturize. I always changed soaps because none of them seemed to help. I had probably tried more than 15! Well, my face would always get dry, and I would break out more.

One of my cousins would always tell me, "stop washing your face with soap" but I never listened. That never seemed to make sense to me. I always felt that a dirty face needed to be washed with soap to be clean. I don't know how long it took me to finally listen to him.

Anyway, I stopped washing my face with soap for a while, and I noticed that my face would no longer dry out and flake. I started rinsing my face with luke warm water alone, and sometimes I would rinse it with lotion. When I rinse it with lotion, I get a lot of it and apply to my skin and I just massage my face as if I was cleaning it with soap, and then I would rinse it.

My face started to look and feel better. It is now smoother! I no longer break out like I used to. I don't get white heads anymore yeah!

Try this to see if it works for you! Hopefully it does!

Anyway, I'm happy about being able to control my breakouts! The only thing is that now my scars are what depress me grrrr!!

If only I had listened to my cousin..... eusa_snooty.gif

Fireflame: Thanks for the info. I searched for Jan Carlo and I got to read what he wrote. I'm glad it's working for a lot of people.

I noticed results within a few days. That is the reason why I kept following up on it. My skin is not the same as it was before. Now it feels smoother and it doesn't get dry or flakey like before.

worked for me too biggrin.gif

be strong, stay on with it, even if ur skin peels a lot i reccomend putting no chemicals on ur face.. like moisturizer

I'm quoting myself here, since I feel my simple findings can be useful and explanitory to why "Water only regimine" works for many people.

jan carlo, I know you've done research but I've also done some research over the last few days.

I agree with the water regimen, but only because I believe that pH balance is the key to clearr and healthy skin for 80% of us.

Think about it, water in general, is very close to 7, + or - 1 level of pH. Most soaps, and even "gentle" cleansers have a pH of 9 and above. That is too alkaline for our skin, since our skin is actaully slightly acid at a pH of 4-6.

Why do you think ACV works for many people? healing wise and also for cysts, whiteheads, etc? Search "Apple Cider Vinegar ance" on yahoo or google and you will get tons of results on its benifits.

In actuality, for most people, water may not be the best way because it is still important psychologically and for one's own comfort to wash his/her face at least one day. The important thing is to neutralize the alkali effects that soap and cleansers places on the skin by using a high-quality, non-alcoholic toner or even a very diluted solution of ACV.

anyway, I feel that my explanation is valid. thanks.

Hey, I am also curious what kind of lotion you have been using? and would this workd for people who wear make-up? and do you still use BP?