Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
traceylynn

Oldguy....question for you

I just had restlyne injections yesterday in a few of my scars. The injection nurse I went to told me that those particular scars would fill well. I noticed that where I had the injections, there is a small bump under the skin. It feels like a small pebble under my skin. It is also raised above the normal skin level too. Is this normal? The nurse that done my injection was very experienced and seemed very knowledgable on fillers. She told me to wait 2 weeks and come back in and she will top up the filler because she thinks it will be a bit underfilled. I am assuming that the area that seems to be overfilled will probably subside with the swelling but I am a bit confused with the bump under my skin.

I just had restlyne injections yesterday in a few of my scars.  The injection nurse I went to told me that those particular scars would fill well.  I noticed that where I had the injections, there is a small bump under the skin.  It feels like a small pebble under my skin. It is also raised above the normal skin level too.  Is this normal?  The nurse that done my injection was very experienced and seemed very knowledgable on fillers.  She told me to wait 2 weeks and come back in and she will top up the filler because she thinks it will be a bit underfilled.  I am assuming that the area that seems to be overfilled will probably subside with the swelling but I am a bit confused with the bump under my skin.

Hi, I also had (and actually still have) a couple of those. In my case, they were definitely overfilled. My doc also did not massage the Restylane into every injection as the directions clearly specify, so that may have contributed to the overfilled look. If you still have any bumps when you go back in 2 weeks, they can easily remove the extra Restylane. Of course, an ethical doc (in other words, almost any doc out there) would not charge for such a thing.

The reason I did not go back for that is that it really didn’t bother me very much, and I was just so thrilled to have a dramatic improvement in my scars and self esteem! Another interesting point: the overfilled places will obviously last longer, and I guess I considered that as part of my reasoning to not go back to have them corrected.

Thanks for your reply oldguy... biggrin.gif

I had Radiance - it lasted 2-3 months...I'm fairly sure everyone here has heard me complain about that...so I wont repeat...ha

Was thinking about Restylane..I know it wont last but by some miracle it may last longer that 2-3 months...

and if it doesnt at least I wont be surprised....blaaa

I am not getting any younger (39 -female) and I am sooo.. tired of all this...~sigh~ Im starting to turn all old and bitter...~sigh, again~ rolleyes.gif

I too, have been toying with the idea of just getting this Scar issue over with, once and for all..and going with something permanent...

so I can move on with my life, and finally enjoy it with a shred of confidence (and perhaps a date or 2) before I get alzheimers or croak...

if it is not already too late... ~ triple-sigh~ rolleyes.giflol.gif

I was considering Bio-alcamid in Mexico or maybe even Dermabrasion with Dr.Y.....perhaps, you would like to join me...???

Im not tooo...scary...I dont think...well, not as scary as Silicone or going to Tijuana alone... eusa_eh.gif

eusa_angel.gif Im totally serious.

Thanks for your reply oldguy...  biggrin.gif

I had Radiance - it lasted 2-3 months...I'm fairly sure everyone here has heard me complain about that...so I wont repeat...ha

Was thinking about Restylane..I know it wont last but by some miracle it may last longer that 2-3 months...

and if it doesnt at least I wont be surprised....blaaa

I am not getting any younger (39 -female) and I am sooo.. tired of all this...~sigh~  Im starting to turn all old and bitter...~sigh, again~ rolleyes.gif

I too, have been toying with the idea of just getting this Scar issue over with, once and for all..and going with something permanent...

so I can move on with my life, and finally enjoy it with a shred of confidence (and perhaps a date or 2) before I get alzheimers or croak...

if it is not already too late... ~ triple-sigh~ rolleyes.gif  lol.gif

I was considering Bio-alcamid in Mexico or maybe even Dermabrasion with Dr.Y.....perhaps, you would like to join me...???

Im not tooo...scary...I dont think...well, not as scary as Silicone or going to Tijuana alone...    eusa_eh.gif 

eusa_angel.gif Im totally serious.

^^ I definitely won’t be heading to Mexico for anything to do with medicine! I strongly recommend that no American ever does that because you have no recourse if anything goes wrong. If I do decide to go to doc Y though, (really, sanding my face off helps?) I would really love to hook up with you and maybe even others that might want to make it a team event. (I’m also totally serious.) I guess there would be quite a few days needed for him to see you afterwards and such anyway. I wouldn’t really want to fly back and forth if it was only 3-4 days.

I really am driven to freaking get rid of my scars for good though, so I may try LSI. But I think you can only get that in NYC, and it might take 3 or more trips! My super oldguy powers tell me that there will be a large hole in my bank account this year. I might also (first) head to S Florida to try a fraxel, (after having a VBeam while also trying a SB, confused yet?) but I can’t see doing a whole series of them. The drive is just too much, although a plane might be doable. I just hate the airport delays and hassles!

I actually just looked in the mirror and scowled at myself, because I still have ance scars. Fillers work very well so I’m sure I will get something injected soon. Life is too short to sit around with pits in our face worrying about if anyone is staring at them or not! (or wondering if they just want to have sex, or borrow money)

I just wanted to throw in the fact that nurses are excellent at giving you shots or drawing blood, usually much better than doctors, but they just don't have the proper training to inject fillers into acne scars. Personally, I would never let anyone but a plastic surgeon do it.

^^ I definitely won’t be heading to Mexico for anything to do with medicine! I strongly recommend that no American ever does that because you have no recourse if anything goes wrong.