Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fireflame

EGW Reports for Cosmetic Products

http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep/listpr...cial%20Cleanser

Look at Cetaphil prodcuts, 8.3 out of the possible 10 in terms of health risk concerns (unstudied risky ingredients).

I actually e-mailed Cetaphil personally about Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate and they basically just responded, "It's a gentle cleanser, it's not in strong enough concentrations to be dangerous."

I was a bit appaled by that reply...no help at all. Seemed more of a cover up to using cheap detergents if you ask me. Might as well use dishwasher soap. In their Gentle Cleanser liquid version, it's 3rd on their ingredients list. Pretty high up if you ask me.

Anyway, analyze the above website extremely well, they are a very legit organization that wants to help and inform people.

here are some highlights:

St. Ives Apricot Scrub, Gentle For Sensitive Skin 9.3

Dan's Regimen

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin 8.3

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser 8.3

Neutrogena On-the-Spot On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Tinted Formula 8.1

Botchla's Regimen

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser 7.4

Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub 6.7

I hope this is helpful to a lot of people. Maybe the reason some people break out with acne is because they actually have sensitive skin, and when cheap, harsh products are used it's just a sign that your skin doesn't want it!

Honestly.. pretty much everything contains 'dangerous' ingredients.

Most lathering products contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate.. this is the ingredient that makes them lather. You can get products that don't contain it, but people tend to think that if it doesn't lather, then it isn't doing its job.

Even if a product doesn't contain SLS, you can bet your life it'll contain something else that could kill you!

While it's good to know these things, if you lived your life avoiding everything that 'could' harm you, you wouldn't eat, drink, wash, or breath..

Now, that wouldn't be much fun, would it! wink.gif