Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frozenblizz

Well it's been awhile since my 6 smoothbeams...

I must say it's been 5 months since my last smoothbeam treatment. I had 6 in total, I had moderate rolling scars and i'm 18. It was really constant ups and downs, after my first two i didn't really have any improvement. 3rd and 4th I had noticeable improvement but it seemed to fade away. My 5th and 6th ended with nothing really and ultimately I felt like I had a small improvement after 6 treatments. Maybe 20%. Strangely about 3 months after my last treatment, my scars started to really improve, every day they would get better and now I would say I ended up with around 60% improvement (While this doesn't sound miraculous, It's such a huge improvement for me since it's more than half better than before). Maybe the collagen grew over time? I would say it was definitely a strange experience that I didn't expect as most people have said that they noticed the largest improvement after their 3rd or 4th treatments or started to lose their results. As for acne, it did absolutely nothing for my acne. But it was minor acne. Anyway I just thought i'd come back and share it with everyone as i'm pretty much done with my scars now and feel like i can move on without looking at them every day. I left these boards completely as my face started shaping up and then thought that maybe the reason that there were so few success stories was because people just leave when they are happy and don't leave updates here because this place brings back bad memories. So I decided to leave this update. Thanks everyone for all your help!!

Frozen thats good news! i would love to get 60% improvement on my rolling scars. Do you have any pictures pre-smoothbeam? i would consider my scars to be moderate rolling but, as ya know, it's all subjective.

also, what was your scar regimen post-smoothbeam? maybe that had something to do with the increased improvement..

That is great news!! Thanks for coming back and sharing it with us. My daughter has just had her 3rd Smoothbeam and we are hoping to see some results after her next treatment or so. She has had some improvement in her rolling scars.

Did u ever think ur scars were getting worse before getting better?

Frozen. Thank you for sharing. It must be REALLY nice to finally get on with things knowing that you have conquered your scarring.

I was disappointed in my 5 cooltouch procedures last year. I found a surgeon who does smoothbeam in my area and now thanks to your post I may have to go talk to them about my scars. I have rolling scars on my cheeks.

I am also going to try a single SB in a few days. I suppose it will be a total waste of time and money for me, but no harm in just trying it once to see if a series of 4 or more might be beneficial. I expect to get no improvement whatsoever, so I won’t be disappointed, regardless of the outcome. Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing your experience, and good luck.

Rigel:

Yes, I do think the scars get worse before they get better. I actually got into a fist fight at a party because someone insulted me by my scars a couple of days after my fourth smoothbeam. It was very depressing.

Goldrex- Well I have noticed in her rolling scars it seems that the collagen is building on the outside edges of her scars making them seem deeper. I am hoping the collagen is goin to build in the middle. We are going to schedule another SB 6 weeks after our 3rd one, that will be at the middle of March.

You said after your 4th, how many did u have and what improvement do u think you got?

In my experience, they get way worse before getting better, especially the day of the smoothbeam it looks terrible. It is nice to move on with life... there's a point where you can tell that your scars can only be noticed by yourself and not anyone else, that's when you're in good shape. I also really wonder how good scars can get with multiple smoothbeams at the max. I wouldn't try more because i'm satisfied now, however there's always that hype over 100%. I'm sure in our lifetime there will be something that will cure scars 100% or at least mild and rolling scars.