Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pHlat

Do you drink to cope?

I don't drink to cope with my problems. I drink to forget. And then I feel guilty about drinking because of my problems. But today has been an unusually shitty day and I think it warrants mass consumption of alcohol. What about you guys? Drinkers or no?

I used to drink a lot when i was severly depressed, sometimes evern alone. Last year i remember christmas eve....i took a six pack upstairs and non of my family members said anything..it was awful...so i drank myself numb...ya know..

however, my anxiety started to get worse and i found that i couldent drink anymore without getting overly anxious...i would start having an anxiety attack...so for me...drinking now makes the situation only worse for me...which i guess is a good and bad thing...i havent drank since last year, february, give or take.....and im scared to try it again confused.gif

this thread will get closed by turtle, she likes to abuse her moderator privledges.

i smoke to cope

Guest Zitro

IT doesn't actually make me forget my reason to be sad , instead, I think about that problem when I drink the alcohol.

Besides, it costs money, it does me no good (health), and I don't want to be dependent on it.

I'd rather try to cope with playing my guitar or piano, exercising, or playing Diablo 2 (one of the only videogames that interests me)

thats so awesome, me too....I love music...and I love to sing...and thats a good way for me to cope...and to forget.....

I also am very chemically unbalanced too I think...so the whole drugs and alcohol thing didnt last that long for me.....

I enjoy drinking with my mates. However, since my acne got worse, I've only been out about 4 times in the last 9 months. When I did go out I suppose by the end of the night I was thinking about my acne too much, but the next morning when I woke up and looked in the mirror it was still there. I actually felt a bit upset that I'd been walking about in such a public place the night before with all this crap on my face. I'd never drink myself into oblivion just to forget about my acne, because its only a short term relief

When I go on a night out I'll drink so I'm not too self concious of my face. If I didn't drink I'd just think about my face all night so it helps me to forget.

I've found that drinking just creates more problems anyway. I had quite a few bad experiences with alcohol (done a lot of stupid shit) and now I don't drink very often. And when I do it's in moderation. I'm not going to touch a drop of alcohol for the next 6 months while i'm on accutane either.

By the way I never drank out of depression, always socially and never very often anyway...

I was in denial about it for so long.

Yeah I drank, smoked pot and all of the above, and have finally given all it up.

My drinking started out socially then quickly became a problem, not one I was willing to admit.

At one point I was drinking everyday before school. I would go up to the minit mart, using my brothers old DL which was expired, and buy 2 large cans of Keystone Light or just regular Keystone. Crack one of them open and head to school. Sit in the parking lot and just chug em. When I felt numb enough go to class; have another one at lunch and usually one more after school.

Oh yeah, a complete loser by the way. What I thought was interesting though is only the alcoholics and pot heads seemed to actually have no prejudices about me whatsoever; at least not that I could see. So to me I was making "friends" and numbing everything out.

Alcohol finally did me in november 1st '03. To tell you the truth I really don't even remember that night. I know the night before I had gotten really wasted and somehow made it home. Welll the next day I had some beers left and I downed all those. Now when you are drunk you can get some pretty bold or crazy ideas in your head. (that's why they call it impaired judgement) Anyways I concoted a plan to go to the supermarket to steal 2 12-pack cases of beer. One was Coors Light and I only remember that because of the police report. Anyways I ended up making it out of the store just fine with my 2 12-packs of beer. I vaguely remember anything about the rest of the night and then waking up about 8 hours later in what they call the "drunk tank" at the county jail. So after my DUI that was pretty much it for alcohol. I'm still paying $50 a month to be on probation, yes you have to pay to be on probation here, and $75 a month to the courts until who knows how long, besides how much trauma I did to my family.

Then it was weed. Man did I smoke weed. I would smoke weed like a kid with a whole candy shop to himself.

I'm going to get preachy here but I personally found deliverance from the bondage of alcoholism and drugs through Jesus Christ. I hope there are more out there that can too.

closing a thread is not abnusing your priviliges, it's to prevent everyone from killing eachother here, like in weed forum.

I prefer not to destroy my health. I feel guilty about drinking coffee. Let alone other disgust out there.

I don't drink to cope with my problems.  I drink to forget.  And then I feel guilty about drinking because of my problems.  But today has been an unusually shitty day and I think it warrants mass consumption of alcohol.  What about you guys?  Drinkers or no?

i actually have never turned to drinking to cope.. ive done just fine with music and sometimes writing. although.. the "forgetting" effects of alcohol can be somewhat simulated when *not inebriated. like when im with my friends, i purposely push my dismay about my acne from my mind, and just be outgoing, hyper, etc. it does work to some extent.. i do manage to put away my embarassment about my face and just have a good time.. but afterwards it comes back as guilt, in a sense. sorta like "why the hell do psych yourself up to be miss social butterfly when you look like THIS?".. so then even after a good night, during which i actually had fun, i still go to sleep upset. anyways, i digress from the drinking. but thats just something i havnt done. to each his or her own.

I drink to have fun. I snowboard like there's no manana to cope (and have fun of course), and i smoke the houka to feel goooooood.

I exercise to cope and guess what?

That controls my acne eusa_dance.gif

so I guess it's a win/win...

sometimes I do a bit of boxing.. greeeat way to get your agressions out; highly recommendable