Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest lawnboy

Friendless

I'm also friendless offline. I've had a couple friends in the past though.

Like xXillusion, I don't really strive for that kind of lifestyle. I'm content alone or at most with one or two close friends (or a girlfriend).

I listen to people my age talking on the train, it's not interesting to me, most people seem immature. I have nothing against people that love to go out with a bunch of people and have fun, it's just different from me, difference and variety is good. I'm obviously not saying all people that go out like that are immature. In psychology I'm what would be considered an Introvert. There's no problem with this to me.

Parties and clubs don't really interest me either. Give me a book, computer, at most a couple people and let's talk or maybe watch something. I'm also great at just thinking alone... Not everyone needs to be with a bunch of people to have fun. Sure I wish I had more friends, but not all at once, and they'd have to be a bit closer for my liking. All my friends in the past were a bit distanced, and with that it's sometimes hard to break out of restraints like typical male behavior. It's probably easier for me to talk to and get closer to the opposite gender, so long as they were like me in a way, so in the future my friends will most likely be girls. Even about 90% of my online friends are girls so that says something.

Guest OnlyJoe

to me friends are like family and i couldnt do without. i need to go out every weekend and spend all my earnings on having a good time, the way i see it is im young, why not?

If i dont get this stuff done i feel unfulfilled.

in fact if i dint have my friends i would be this depressed nothingness that only thinks about acne. acne sucks sad.gif

Well my self image has secluded me from any social experiences anyway. Acne is just another blow anyway, it certainly takes a huge toll. What's made me "numb" to it is the lack of any social experiences. When you never experience something for so long you really lose any desire to over time, you just accept the fact and keep living.

Cathedral....  is it because of the acne?

Or other things that have made you so numb to any form of social experience?

I don't think acne has anything to do with my lack of desire for huge groups of friends.

Talk about a depressing day... the three girls that i sit with during math were discussing with much enthusiasm about their weekend plans. wacko.gif At one point during their chat they were talking about the endless list of people they hang out with on weekends and after school, one asked me who I usually hang out with on the weekends. I guess i'm a bit more shy and more of a loner than I had thought as really had no idea how often the kids at my school hang out on weekends... I only ever go out once or twice a month, and then only to community events... I told her that I didn't really hang out with anyone, and she said "oooh... Really?" and gave me a sympathetic look...

Now I'm just more depressed than ever as the full extent of my friendlessness comes into full view... Why did acne have to come along and make me so shy and self-conscious and ruin my social life?

Oh well, back to lonesome, empty existance...

Don't worry. I don't have any friends and never had. I am at the point I am so numb to any social life anyway. I probably wouldn't know how to have a social life if I were presented with such an opportunity.

oh, i tried this before, it's like de-humanising myself, which is actually possible, but...this is no good, you have to possess some social skills and learn to network with people, and the only way to learn and practise it is with people.

I'm also friendless.Let's see.I used to have tons of friends,but not anymore because

A.They weren't friends.Just people to talk to.

B.My best 2 friends turned out to be my enemies.One girl offended me many times about my looks,even with acne.The other one was never supportive.

C.I'm just quiet.I'm not antisocial at all,just quiet.If you get to know me I'm tons of fun,but if I'm quiet,and keep to myself,no one will know that.I've tried to get out of it,but small steps first. razz.gif

D.I don't even hang out with people.My parents are strict,so going out is a problem with them.

Most of my life I've been friendless.I'm not shy,not antisocial.I like talking to people.I just keep to myself,and don't really know anyone at this school.

Boohoo and poopoo. eusa_boohoo.gif

I have this thing.. Until I'm 100% clear, I won't feel at my best. I have a fair amount of friends, but I hardly do anything with them due to conflicting work schedules and other shit like that. But at the same time I'm looking for a few hook-ups, but until I'm 100% clear I don't think I can really play the game. Right now I'm pretty much clear but I'm so self conscious about it that it hurts my self esteem.

I've found that if you're positive with acne and can have a laugh and relax with friends and people, that's all that matter,s and genuine people won't give two hoots about anything else

Guest OnlyJoe
eusa_hand.gif Just stop there. Its obvious you have no clue as to why I made the comment about the triple posts. Maybe you should just refrain from replying to me in the future with your subliminally cheesy remarks. Thanks

-Marvin

I have 1 or 2 friends that I would consider close. Beyond that I have about 8 people that I do stuff with that I wouldn't really consider friends.

I've more or less drifted from those 8 since school finished a few months ago mainly because they changed into what I would call idiots (getting into random fights and other stupid stuff) and basically I don't really want to have anything to do with them. A couple of other ones turned out to be up themselves pricks - whenever I was with them they tried to insult me at every opportunity (however it was done jokingly if you know what I mean, trying to reinforce their position in the group or whatever) anyway I got fed up with them too and just basically told them to fuck off.

So yeah I really only have a few friends at the moment, mainly by choice I guess. Acne has sorta turned me into semi-hermit (some days I will work up the courage to go out) so that doesn't help either neutral.gif oh well... good times in the future i guess smile.gif

I feel for you all, I am the same. Well I have some friends, but I don't hang with them out of uni.

I am just different, I prefer quiet things, and students just wanna party and get drunk all the time. I'm not into that.

But I love having time to myself, I'd rather be alone a lot of the time to just chill and be myself.