Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey hun,

Just checkin out your regime and such... good luck with everything, I will keep checking back to see how your skin is doing and ill let you know if i have any ideas smile.gif

Thanks again for all the support in my regime log biggrin.gif

Tessa

yeah, the endocrinoligist is the doctor that specializes in hormonal imbalance i think. one member (thorn) was able to conquer acne because of consulting with one.

definitely if you find a BCP suited to you it should clear you up 100% (if the problem is hormonal). the thing is, when you quit BCP the acne comes back - the result is not permanent.

you should lose weight in a week just by reducing your calorie intake. but then the following weeks you stop losing more - you just have to incorporate exercises with it i guess. I'm hoping next time i weigh myself i'll be 116 lbs, but that's too much.

in the picture gallery there's this girl who got clear because of taking 1000mg of milk thistle a day. browse the diet/holistic forum. this made me remember i have some herbal shopping to do lol. You know what, herbal is not really that expensive compared to the topicals i've bought...and if it works - wow - you've stumbled on a cure that would not require such elaborate regimen. also. it helps your general health so it's a win-win situation. i just switched to milk thistle after being on burdock root for more than 2 weeks. I have three new pimples. I think i might have to up my dosage. Burdock root has kept me from breakouts - it was working so well. but i was afraid my body is gonna develop a tolerance so i switched. i'll be on milk thistle for a week, with 1000mg dosage, then i'll switch back to burdock root.

I miss shopping for clothes. sigh.

There's not much difference with 8% and 10% GA. But i know what you mean. I tried Eucerin coz i"ve been hearing good things about it - but that dang thing won't absorb to my skin! But keep it, it might be good for some other use, you can mix it up with your body lotion for exfoliation.

Hey Michelle. Nice to meet you lol. I finally knew your name. 18yochickfightingacne4toolong is too long hehe.

yeah, the endocrinoligist is the doctor that specializes in hormonal imbalance i think. one member (thorn) was able to conquer acne because ......

Lol!! Yeah, a member on here named “theklown� called me 18yournamestoolong. Haha

It seemed okay when I was making it!! Lol

I wonder how common endocrinologists are? Do you need to be referred to one by your doc?? Or can you just look one up and make an appointment??

I think my problem is largely due to hormones, so this would help a lot. There are only a few reasons why I may ever consider going off the pill, otherwise, I’ll be a user for a lonnnnnnnnnng time!

I gotta start being more active. I go through phases. Sometimes there will be times where 1 week I’ll do a load of working out, while the next I’m lazy as hell. I have to be more consistent……like the way I am with my skincare regime (o: I think you’ll be able to get to 116 no prob. Look at how well you have been doing so far!!

Its true, herbs aren’t as expensive as some of the stuff that skincare costs. As well, in some way or another your health is benefiting too. That’s why I was considering B5, because not only I was hearing things for the skin, but its also suppose to be great for energy boosting. Which I need soooo bad!!! Sometimes I think I have chronic fatigue syndrome. Okay, most of the time I think that.

Ohhhhhhhhh clothes………….shoes………)o:

I wont throw the thing to the trash anytime soon (Neostrata 8% GA), but I just feel the the overall product is not that good. It definitely worked on my upper-arms though. Around this time of the year I get those stupid bumps sometimes…….the GA made it instantly soft. I didn’t even use that much!!

Anyways, I’m just crossing my fingers that the new zits I got last night will go away tonight. I did my facial so……. I already noticed that a couple went down.

I guess B. Soda can either be the angel or devil for me.

You still gotta tell me what LA product to buy!! (o: I’m so in the dark with who makes a product with it.

Til next time!!

Happy skin clearing!!!!

Michelle

i think you might need a referral, either from your derm or your family doctor, or ob-gyn. but try calling a clinic and asking if you can set up an appointment with them with no referral.

i don't know if they're common. they should be.

i'm pigging out slightly and i'm worried that it might have caused me to gain a few lbs. aaargh. i exercised today and burned off 1000 calories and walked 8.74 miles(according to the calorie counter in my exercise machine). When i exercise i don't really like back-breaking routines coz i end up being discouraged.

i'll look into B5--i think this one is the most expensive supplement though...i might try it if the other herbals i'm taking won't work.

i got my LA at MUAC but i don't think they ship outside US. I got my SA at natural skin care shop...but do try to find a Canada-based online story, you might save on shipping.

hope the links work.

Sway,

I’ll keep it in mind, and over the weekend I’ll see if I can locate any. I guess I should still continue with the Triphasil, its still a little early to tell if its going to help me or not. (I guess?)

Well if you exercised and burned off that many calories…I think you’ll be alright??

Yeah, I don’t like anything “back-breaking� either. I usually do the stationary bike, or if I feel like bearing the cold I’ll go for a run. I also don’t mind doing some of the palates exercises I know. I wouldn’t mind getting an actual palates video though. I gotta look into that. I have a friend who did it for a few months, and her body, especially her legs, looked great. Really toned.

There is always sooo much talk on this site about B5, which I’m sure you know…..and I am just soo surprised how there are soo many ppl who will only take vitamin B5, and do nothing else!! Not even wash their face with a cleanser!? I could never imagine doing that!! I don’t think I could ever go without doing a spot treatment at night! NO WAY!!

Thanx soo much for the sites!! I’ll see if I can find something in Canada, if not I always have those 2 sites you gave me. (o:

I have a question for you……..when you do your 20% SA peel….does it turn into a white almost frosted type colour?? And if so, does it come right off once you wash your face???

i wanna do that pilates thingy too, as long as it's not too hard to do. i think i did ok with my exercse, i did not run i just basically walked then stopped at intervals when i was feeling tired.

i'm a little skeptical of b5...i need to read some more about what it does inside the body.

the 20% SA peel did frost, scared me a bit so I washed it off imediately after 10 seconds. it should be on for a minute lolz!

yeah it washes off easily. what i do is i moisten a cotton ball with cold water then rub it gently on my face. the i lather green tea soap on my skin, then wash it off.

what's good about SA is it just magically vaporizes your whiteheads - or those pimples with whitish fluid inside.

i think i gave u the wrong site: it's naturalskinshop.com.

thanks for the support. i need it. eusa_angel.gif

Sway,

Palates will definitely push you….but it always starts off light and gets harder. Really all you need is to learn the different movements. Then you can do them however you feel is more comfortable for you. I learned a few from my sis, cause she actually did some classes. So, as part of my inconsistent workout routine, I’ll do the few she taught me until I can’t handle it anymore.

Personally, everything, especially a pill, herbal or not, I am skeptical. You will definitely find a lot of info on this, site and also on the internet about B5.

One minute!! Frosting!! I thought that maybe I was hearing from the wrong sources. So it does frost!! I probably would react the same way lol.

I don’t think I have those kind of pimples though? I don’t usually get those zits where there is a pimple with a white head on top. Like there is always crap inside the zit….but you don’t see it. Like I gotta get them out myself.

Does the SA at least bring down the inflammation of the other active pimples??

Day 24

I feel like a dork. Yesterday I blamed those few zits on the B. Soda. While it could of been from that still, I also totally didn't realize until this morning that I'm nearing that time of the month. I always breakout ridiculously within 10 days b4. So its another week til the day. Everything makes sense now.

I guess I should be happy cuz I got less then 10 zits, which is such an improvement. I think the actual amount was 4, and then 1 new one lastnight.

I did my facial lastnight, and today my skin is smoother and softer. It feels wonderful. I'm still battling the red marks, and according to my research I will be for a long time. I still have to look into those peels!!! Tight on cash though.

i weighed myself last night - 117.9 lbs lol. after i ate it was 118.3 lbs. but that close brush to 117 lbs pushes me to exercise more.

i pigged out again though. reese's peanut butter and doritos and a lil bit of glazed donut. i was feeling stressed out because of work, and food does give me comfort. i shouldn't make a habit of it though. have to be 116 lbs next week!

Frosting panics me - lol! it's a normal reaction of the skin though.

I loooove SA peel coz it kills whiteheads and treats hyperpigmenation at the same time!

what kind of whiteheads do you get? those ones with solid white stuff? yeah SA would help but it's not that effective on solid whitehead. it's better if you squeeze them out.

warning about SA: it would purge your skin like hell! all those crap will surface. i was patient and now the purging state seems to be over. other people would freak though.

my personal opinion about SA is it's very effective in preventing the formation of comedones. SA dissolves oil which were accumulating underneath the skin, so no comedones could form from it. no comedones = no pimples! your skin gets dry though - so you'll need lots of moisturizers.

for active acne i trust 100% TTO more than SA. TTO is pretty potent!!!

eusa_angel.gif

Day 3

When I woke up this morning I definitely noticed another slight improvement in my skin tone. Scars slowly fading....not really any new zits, except a couple in my t-zone previously from the other day. I think its due to the glycolic acid product. Its suppose to be oil-free and everything, but still the substance feels kinda yuck.....thin, but still greasy. But I think my skin just needs to get used to it. I am very happy with my new regime, I'm just worried that in the next week its going to end up being too much stress on my skin, which will leave me with peeling and redness. Crossing my fingers!! I'm just hoping that this will end up being the cure...I'm really looking forward to the day I can reccommend this to everyone. I am sooo confident in this!

i weighed myself last night - 117.9 lbs lol. after i ate it was ........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAAAAAAAAH, see you’ll be 116 in no time!! Even if you pig out here and there, you can always make up for it with exercising. Any particular reason why you “have� to be 116 by next week???

I know what you mean by comfort food…..me last night…….SMARTIES!! And a lot of ‘em!!!

Why does work stress you out???

Well lately, with the change of my regime, there has also been a bit of change in the acne I get. Lately I get those things that are like white heads….but they don’t surface (well maybe they would in a month+). Like I can squeeze them, and I have, but that left me with marks oddly. Marks that took days to go away (thank god Revlon!!). There not a big deal if I just leave them along….but I can’t help but obsess over them. They only appear to be on the right side near my nose on my cheek. I had like three b4...removed them, and now I got like 1-2. The best thing though, when I do get any zit now, they release the crap sooo easily.

I think I would freak over the purging state. But at the same time I would be relieved. Something like SA sounds like a good peel for me while I’m nearing the inevitable clear skin. Just when I think my skin is in good shape…zap it with an SA peel, and then have the rest of the crap purge. As well, like you said, it also helps with hyper pigmentation.

Comedones aren’t really a problem for me, but I’m sure SA can still help with some other stuff.

About the TTO oil…….I am using an extremely diluted version as a “freshener.� The thing was, I was reading on here about how Lavender Oil really helped this lady. So, I’m going to consider that too. I just don’t know where I would fit that into my regime. Apparently nothing else worked for this lady, and she is an older woman, who’s had the problem for years. L. Oil was the only thing that worked. HHmmm

Day 26

Skin is looking pretty good. I surprised myself the other night. For the first time in a long time, I just spontaneously asked my friend to go see a movie with me, and I practically just left the house without standing infront of the mirror for hours. I knew that I didn't put that much effort into putting my make-up on that day, but when the night started to fall, I didn't really give a crap. I actually didn't have much on my skin to fuss about in the first place.

At this point though, I have to be verry careful. I'm in that danger time zone. 10 Days before my cycle....and i'll stay in it for the 5 days when i'm going through it. So my regime of course has altered a little. I'm surprised I haven't burned my face off ...yet. In the last 2 days, it looks like I got 2-3 small new pimples. The couple I got previously are fading and reducing in size a lot. Thanx BP, but no thanx. These damn marks!! I'll be complaining on here forver!! lol!! I was really happy how I looked today (well yesterday) in natural sunlight. There is definitely an improvement. My confidence is slowly building up again.

Also, I'm strongly considering giving the ACV a try, as well Lavender Oil.

Just wondering, is Cider Vinegar, the same thing as Apple Cider Vinegar?? According to the internet it seems to be that way. But omg...the cider vinegar I have at home smelllls sooooooo baaaaaaaad. I can't imagine putting that on me...and having to smell it for 10-15 mins!! I might throw up!!

Sooooooo for the fun of it I looked up endocrinologist's in the phonebook, over the internet. Guess how many are listed in all of Canada?? This is seriously crazy....30+ million people all in Canada.....

and there are only FOUR , number 4, listed in the phonebook!!! Three of the four are all working in one office in Winnepeg somewhere.

There is no way that there are only 4 in all of Canada. Maybe in most cases you have to be refferred to one by your doc, in order to get an appointment. I guess I'll have to discuss that at my next visit.

Also, watched some t.v. this morning, and there were supplements recommended for our fun skin type. Fish oil, and E. Primrose Oil, which most ppl know.....but there was also another one mentioned for women specifically who have problem skin due to hormone imbalance which = ME!! It was called Vitax or something??? Don't know who makes it, don't even know if its readily available. But I guess it's worth a looking into.

I personally think that our using too much stuff on your skin. Using to much can be worse then not using anything at all because it irratates the skin more then you realize and can cause you to beakout more.

agentile:

I totally know what you mean.....but believe it or not, its really helped me a lot. I'm soon going to ditch my SA cleanser, but the problem is my skin depends on SA.

I feel my morning regime is fine, but my evening needs to be toned down a bit, and it will once I overcome this more in the next few weeks.

Where is the acne?? I don't know?? You tell me. I know there was definitely zits on my face last summer. Between good make up and SUN........

People, the sun isn't always so bad for us, at least short term. The years that actually count..........

3 full months until I can get out in the sun again. I should conider somewhere warm for march break.

post-20473-1109659675_thumb.jpg

post-20473-1109659675_thumb.jpg

Day 27

my freakin forehead is exploding. I have absolutely no new beakouts anywhere else on my face except my forehead!! I thought my hormonal acne was affecting only the right side of my face along the hairline and jaw. Maybe I'm wrong?? I have at least 5 active zits and about another 5 that are dried and faded. Its just a mess. Luckily with the help of Revlon and bangs, I'll be okay, and not hiding-out today. I'm really happy that the right side of my face is improving a lot. There's about only 2 pimples there right now, and luckily there fading and drying quite well. But I know they'll leave those stubborn BP marks. At least the other upside is that my skin really is improving, and I definitely noticed that today when I woke up. My only concern right now is that marks, or scars that the BP has left over. GA definitely helps, but its verrrry slooooooow. I just don't have the money to go and buy a peel at the moment, so I'll have to live with it for now.

And OMG...I was looking at my nose in natural light, with a mirror right up to it, and wholly crap. Blackheads!!! I am very thankful they are not very serious (i.e. like my sis') but still!!!!! I knew that I had clogged pores, but wow you really see it when you put the mirror right up to your face and in natural sunlight!! But it is also time for me to do my facial. Maybe if I have a chance I'll do it tonight!!

I'm also kind of considering doing something similar to Dan's Regimen. Instead of slathering BP all over my face (which I think is stupid) , for overnight I'll start applying it just along my hairline on the right side. Maybe that would help prevent some pimples. I know if I get a new one there, i'm gonna be really upset. Just because it has come such a long way.

I'm also still thinking about the ACV!! Just worried if it will burn me!!??

Almost bought evening primrose oil tonight. But i said to myself NO!! You can do it without supplements!!! It was a really good deal though. $8.99 CDN for 120 capsules. Oh well. I was surprised how expensive 100% TTO oil is, for a tiny lil bottle!!

I bought aome more Aveeno. I was lokking for a bar with sulfur, but couldn't find it. I have kinda scared my sekf though, I started looking up the ingredients in Aveeno, and a lot of them are not recommended for acne prone and sensitive skin....yet the soap is recommended by derms....hhhmm I don't know anymore.