Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyle2K3

Suggestions Please

Hey guys this is my first post just stumbled across this site okie well here is my story i will be 20 in 5 days i used to have acne alot worse then i do now i went on acutane and it cleared up this was a year or 2 ago but lately im noticing it coming back its not severe but enough to make me self concious my forehead is smooth and still clear its mostly under my both around my lips and under my nose a couple on my cheeks once in a while but that still remains somewhat clear i notice though i have redspots and the tone of my skin is just horrible when i wet it or wakeup as i looked in the bathroom today i happen to find some tubes of what i used prior to accutane a 10% benz peroxide desquam x 10 gel tube also a differin 0.1% gel tube called adapalene i have a deep pore toner called biore with tea tree oil and beta hydroxy along with a biore matching foaming liquid cleanser and for moisturizer i have olay classic moisturzing cream classic fragrance or something its pink so what do you guys suggest i should do and what steps should i talk with all these products like what goes first etc.. also im looking for some good makeup that will make my complexion looked natural and tanned thanks any suggestions and comments is appreciated

-Kyle

What works for me is to stick with differin at night, clindagel in the morning (benzoyl peroxide burns too much), and I give myself a facial once a week. I scrub my face with a mixture of honey and oatmeal, then I put a few drops of tea tree oil in boiled water to steam my face, and I finish off with a gentle mask consisting of egg whites, yogurt, and honey. Try it!

Do you think a 0.1% Differin (Adapalene) will work fine for me seeing as my acne isnt really bad just getting breakouts again recently around my mouth and under my nose some redmarks on my cheeks from when i had bad acne before and was on accutane also the toner, cleanser and moisturizer i listed will that be a good combination ? also i need some suggestions a good makeup combination to use i want my skin to look natural and tanned because right now my complexion is still really ugly face is kinda red in spots its not all 1 tone and what kind of regimen should i use which products to use in which steps and when i normally work nights so i goto bed late in the am wake up around 1pm

The way that it's supposed to work is to unclog your pores by renewing your skin more normally. I heard from my derm that people who were on Accutane and it comes back milder need to treat it continuously (like I do) since it never really goes away, it just becomes manageable. Fortunately, I never had to try Accutane. If you want your acne to stay away, you're going to have to treat it all the time with something. I think treating just the spots where you have acne may not always work, but you can try some BP. The best makeup that I have tried is Corn Silk. You can find it at Wal-Mart and it works especially well if you have oily skin like me.

ahhh gotcha hehe well thanks bro i havent had much luck since i joined these forums its like no one ever replies to my posts =/ and i was lookin to start my new regimen today aswell *sniff*

Yeah I have the same thing where not many people reply to mine but Im glad for the few that do. I think if you keep posting and reply to other people then you'll get more messages. I'll be watching for your updates :evil:

Hi guys,

Happy birthday Kyle! have you started your new regimen yet? I was wondering, how come you aren't following Dan's regimen? It seems that it works pretty good for most people, so you might as well give it a go.

Also, if I were you I wouldn't use a moisturiser with colour or fragrance in it. Try the Cetaphil SPF 15 or something else recommended by Dan.

And welcome to your 20's! It's a great decade, you'll see.

Good luck!

Vanessa

Yea i was hoping to start dan's regimen today im in canada im about to head out to shoppers drug mart right now to pickup the products im gonna go with the neutrogena on the spot acne treatment 2.5 BP that dan uses i just need to decide on a good facial cleanser , toner and moisturizer best for my skin i mainly only breakout like dan the bottom portion of my face my acne is very minor now but still discouraging and i have a few marks and red skin discolouration im hoping i can take care of would u guys suggest anything? also makeup wise i have a liquid classic tan product i use cg smoothers can u guys recommend anything? my face tends to get dry after i wash it my t-zone is sort of oil where is the rest like my cheeks is sometimes dry/sensitive

Hi Kyle,

I'm in Canada too & here's what I use:

Cetaphil cleanser for normal -dry skin (your skin will be dry after a few days on the regimen!)

Neutrogena on-the-spot

morning - sunblock SPF 15 - at the moment I am using an outrageously overpriced product I had left over from my days when I though expensive meant better. People seem to like the Neutrogena SPF 15 or the Cetaphil.

evening - I quite liked the cetaphil. At the moment I am using aloe vera gel with a bit of vit E (from a capsule) squeezed in, which I find nice and soothing, but I would try the stuff Dan recommends first. You can also get Avene products at Pharmaprix (shoppers drugmart to you) which are for sensitive skin.

Makeup - I like prescriptives, which is very expensive but worth it for the natural colours. I also use a MAC concealer. Are you a girl or a guy? Because I'm not sure if you would want to use the MAC if you don't want people knowing you have makeup on, you can kind of see it a little bit. Prescriptives is only available at Holt Renfrew in Canada.

Oh and BTW I am doing the taping method (see thread in scars forum) for the flakies which you definitely get with the BP. I tried Alpha Hydrox 10% gel but it BROKE ME OUT big time. I am going to try again more slowly in a few weeks.

OK, that's all my useful info :evil:

Vanessa

hi i'm in canada to and i also use cetaphil cleanser. i works really well i think u should give it a try. :-/