Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Donna

Anyone has laser resurfacing?

:?: Hi. Just wondering if anyone has actually had laser resurfacing. After considering everything I think that might be best for me although I will have to wait a while since I have just started roaccutane. The only thing that concerns me is the downtime since I couldn't realistically have more than 3 weeks off work and I don't want to go back with a big red face. I would love to hear any experiences. I know its unrealistic to expect perfection, but noticable improvement would be great. Thanks!

In case you didn't see this post, type in co2 laser pictures and go to number 19 and you can see lots of pics of people who have had it done, a woman I met said her scars improved by 50%.

i had spot CO2 laser resurfacing a year ago. the improvements depends on the type of scar treated. the icepick variety don't respond one bit. the ones that had at least minimal improvement were the chicken pox scars i had. don't get your hopes that high. the downtime is quite long. the redness i had was completely gone only by the 6th month. 3 weeks just is not enough. i suppose if you're female, you can cover it up with makeup. find a good concealer. don't forget to apply sunscreen when going outdoors, and stay away from the sun at all costs.