Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey. I am going to do a Retin A Micro thing with daily updates, so I can measure my progress and if anyone else is thinking about trying this they can get an idea. After thinking about, I decided to divide my face in part for this. On my left side I will put the Retin A Micro on every day. On the right side I will put the RAM (Retin A Micro) on every other day, and then put the 10%AHA cream on the days I dont put the RAM on.

I just got off Accutane two months ago and right now mostly have large pores, blackheads, and red marks. I do not have that many current spots, but my face looks like hell. I am doing the RAM and AHA thing to try and help my large pores.

#1 Last night I put it on for the first time. I still use the mint mask for spot treatment, but for the first time I put the RAM all over my face. Nothin happened, of course, but I did notice the blackheads on my nose were not as deep. Tonight Ill start the left side/right side thing.

I too just started .01% of Retin-A Micro. I used the old cream Retin-A yrs. back with no improvement. This help with your oil how? I am VERY oily so since its applied at bedtime only is the daytime less oily when its not on the skin?

#3 I spoke too soon. I put it on all over last night, and then this morning I decided to put just a little on my nose to help with the oil. My face was horrible today, very, very oily.

#3 I spoke too soon. I put it on all over last night, and then this morning I decided to put just a little on my nose to help with the oil. My face was horrible today, very, very oily.

Do not use it more than once a day. It will not work any faster or better. In fact, it may just make your face more red and irritated. You do not have to use much of it. A little goes a long way. Just follow the instructions...

#4,#5 The only thing I have seen is that the blackheads on my nose are decreasing slowly and they are getting smaller.

#6,7 My skin is okay, but its been better. The real thing that worries me is how oily I have become. Before Accutane I was like this, and now its back, I think even worse. It sucks. I do not wash the REM off in the morning, could this be why I am so oily???

I would make it a point to start your day off with a freshly washed face while on Retin-A Micro. I would almost guarantee that is why your skin seems so oily. As long as you can tolerate it, you should wash twice daily. Just remember to use a mild cleanser or soap. Try to avoid medicated washes or soaps. Cetaphil antibacterial bar is pretty mild, but you still get the benefit of germ killing.

#8,9. Hey. Well things are a little better. I started washing my face in the morning and have started to megadose on fish oil. I would say my oil is about 40% better. Still very oily, but at least somewhat bareable. My face is looky pretty good. My pores are a little more smaller, my red marks are fading. My face still is pretty rough looking, but it is getting better. Hopefully this is not the best it will get.

#10,11. Things are going okay. I have had to use the mint mask a couple of times to spot some spots, and my skin is still oily, but its pretty good. One thing positive I have noticed is that my red marks are fading fairly fast, which is good.

#12, 13, 14, 15. My skin has broken out a little, but it is not that bad at all so I am not that angry. I have overdosing on the fish oil and vit e and instead just take a few of each at night. Now in the morning I take a lot ot vit A, trying to somewhat duplicate the Accutane effect on the oily skin. My pores, blackheads, and redmarks have not changed much since the last time.

#16. Well, my skin looks like hell right now. My whole nose is filled with blackheads-every possible pore on my nose. It's disgusting. My pores are the same and I have broken out a little, so I have a couple new red marks. This said, there is bright spot despite all this bad news. My oil is almost gone. I have gym first hour and was all sweaty for the day, even after rinsing off. Anyway, even with this I still was not that oily. And now, 13 hours later, I still am not oily. I took Vit A, 9 things of 8,000 IU. I got it at Wal-Mart for around $3.

#17,18,19,20,21,22. Hey. I have not been putting it on as regularlily as I should so I have not reported any. I missed a couple of days because I stayed up late and fell asleep without even knowing. Anyway, I have contiued to use the Vitamin A, anywhere between 7-9 pills in the morning to help the oil and I am really happy. Sometimes I get oily, but it is a lot better than before. My skin looks okay I guess. I think the Vitamin A is having more of an effect than the Retin A Micro, but I guess I will wait to make any more conclusions.

:) Thanks for recent posting. I tried the Retin-A Micro gel 1% about 5-6 weeks ago. Was only on it about a week. Then I went to Naturopath a month ago, she said I could continue using it but I knew it was way too harsh for my skin, esp. at 1%! Anyway, the last two or more weeks have been horrible! Massive breakout, cystic acne, and I attribute it to maybe the Retin A use and/or impurities coming out of my skin and/or the high Vite A use. I am taking Herpacine from the health food store, which is a vitamin for skin developed by a derm with beta carotene, vite E (low dose of E), and some other herbs and amino acids. Plus one double strength cod liver oil told to take by derm. I lowered my cod liver oil to make a total of 22,000 I.U. of Vite A.

I am also trying the pure Aloe Vera gel on the redness and I believe it is helping take that away slowly! You may want to use it on the red areas of your face.

I go back to naturopath this week to see what is up. I went to derm on Friday, he suggested Accutane, and I am going to look into the natural before such drastic a step. Does anybody know how spirolactane works? He said that may help also, not as drastic. He did not think birth control pills would help me.

Anyway, I am hoping the mass breakout is at an end. I have been very depressed with my skin, and feel confused about how to handle it, hopefully am on the right track.

Karen

#23, 24, 25. My skin is getting worse and worse. My face itself looks okay, but my skin is getting unbearably oily. I mean really, really oily. It is distracting me because I feel like I am constantly sweating. I am running out of options about what to do.

I would suggest to keep using it. Retin-a Micro helped my skin out ALOT! Here is what is says on there wbsite:

In the first few weeks you'll see RETIN-A MICRO working to loosen blackheads. It pushes them to the surface to get washed away. While this is going on, your skin may sting or burn a little. It may even peel and flake like a sunburn and appear redder. Side effects can happen, but they are usually temporary.

In weeks 3 - 6 you may develop some new pimples. But you can handle it! This is a sure sign RETIN-A MICRO is doing its job. Under the skin, RETIN-A MICRO is loosening the stuff that causes breakouts and is pushing it onto your skin's surface to be washed away. Even though you may look worse for a while, hang in there.

After 6 weeks you should start noticing a steady improvement in your skin. Most of the side effects are behind you for good. Just keep up the good work by sticking to your treatment.

Between weeks 7 and 12 your skin will start looking even better. Your family and friends will probably notice the difference. You will too!

Hey blueeyedbia,

How is your Vitamin A coming along? I just starting taking it today and I tool 3 of the 8000 I.U I really hope this works

#26,27,28,29. Hey, sorry I havent updated it, I have been sick. I quit the Vit A. It did its job the first couple of days, but then it almost made it worse because it was make me get overheated, I think it had somethings to do with hormones and maybe my thyroid. Anyway, I had changed my routine thing. I put the Retin A Micro on every other night all over the place except the places where I get really oily. On the day that I don't put the RAM all over I do nothing. Back to my oily areas, I have found something that temporarily works, hopefully it will work for a long time. On my nose, cheeks near my nose I put the Retin A Micro and Queen Helene Mint Mask on at the same time every night. I think it may actually be helping, but I'll just have to see.

#30. I did the same thing, put the Retin A Micro and the Mint Mask on and my oil is down. The pores and blackheads on my nose where I have been doing it the longest are also better. I hope this continues!!!

The doctor just gave me a prescription for Retin-a Micro, and I'm scared to use it as I have sensitive skin and I hear this stuff is harsh. Even the Mint Julpe Masque is too rough on my face. Anyway, have you read up on Vitamin A at all? They say it can be really toxic at high doses taken for long periods of time. You should read what they say about it, becase it scared me into taking only one dose a day. Good luck with your routine. I hope it works for you!

#31,32,33,34,35,36,37. I have been changing what I do depending on how my face looks. Basically, every night I put the RAM on my foreheard, nose, and chin. I Put is on my inner cheeks every other day. And I use the Mint Masque for a spot treatment. My skin looks okay, but my nose and inner cheeks are still oily and my nose is completely clogged with blackheads. Hopefully in time the Retin A Micro will get rid of these blackheads.