Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
azzuridom1

Started Accutane Today 4/10/03

Hey,

I just started accutane today after 2 years of battling acne i finaly confront the product that i always hear about. All my friends who had taken it said it was the best thing they ever did, hopefully thats for me the doctor started me on 40mg a day ill let you'z know every week how the progess is i had severe acne but after applying numerous thigns it kind of simmered down but its bad still, i have nodules and stuff so this was a way to go. As far as what i tried i went on the following regiments for the past 2 years

Antibiotics:Minocycline,Ethromycin,Doxycycline

Benzoyl Peroxide Products: Oxy-10, Benzyclin, Sulfoxyl Reg, Benzoyl 2.5, 5, 10. Triaz 6% gel

Topical Antibiotic: Ethroymcin Topical Solution

Topical Retnoid: Tazorac, Retin-A .01% gel, .05% Creme, Differin Gel

and finally im on Accutane, the best results i seen was on retin-a where it pretty much went down to about normal but i had so many post-acne scars which i didnt like but i kept using it for about 6 months and i stopped and i finally broke out again badly so im on accutane as of today.

This will be my first day on accutane too. Our history with meds runs pretty similar, however I've been dealing with the acne for about 12 years. I hope to see us both improve greatly over the next few months. Keep me posted and Congratulations!

im in the same situation as you azz, 2 years battling with acne. im going to ask my derm tomorrow to put me on. Im like fuck it, i tried everything and this is a give or take. i have nothing to lose, my face is already a mess.

This will be my first day on accutane too. Our history with meds runs pretty similar, however I've been dealing with the acne for about 12 years. I hope to see us both improve greatly over the next few months. Keep me posted and Congratulations!

Hey guys!

yesterday was also for me the first day of taking roaccutane

unfortunately, I'm taking 20 mgs :D(

hope it'll be suffcient and good luck for you, too!

actually, I had tried to take Roaccutane two years ago, when I was about 22-23 but I wasn't under a physician's control, so scared off and resigned after 2 months, not sseeing muchimprovement (it was 10 mg a day only then).

now i'm almost 25 and have had acne (the last 2 years - mild form of it) for almost 9-10 years...

I started with Accutane on 4/10 as well. Starting at 80mg. I battled with acne for about 6 years. I had it somewhat controlled but I had the worst breakout of my life about a month ago... just getting worse and worse.

Good luck to you all, and hopefully in 5 months, none of us will have to worry about acne anymore.

I can't say as I fully recommend Accutane, I was on it about a year ago. I am still suffering from some of the side effects. I started Accutane because I had several little red bumps on my forehead and back. I too have tried all the other ointments and what not any dermatologist will give you before Accutane. I too decided to say screw it! Nothing else has worked lets go to Accutane. Accutane does clear your face I will admit, not for ever. It is a very strong perscription. Normally perscribed for 4 or 5 months. Your face burns like nothing in the sun so try to do it during the winter seasons. Your lips become layers of skin that peel constantly. Carmex will be your new best friend for the next 4 or 5 months. Also you will need some sort of skin moisturizer. Accutane just destroys all. Which is why a lot of complaints of depression and what not I can understand. I honestly thought the 4 or 5 months of Accutane were the worst days of my life! I felt sad depressed, my face was in shambles. Living with carmex and constantly moisturizing ur face and trying your hardest to stay away from the sun. But my skin did look very good, and for awhile after as well. But I realize now...It has been a year since I have taken Accutane, and my face still gets red very easily. Especially in the sun. My lips still peel a lot and I either coat them with carmex or have started the horrible habit of licking my lips because they get so dry and chapped so fast. You would think after a year of not using Accutane these symptoms would go away. Well not for me, not yet. My face was clear for a period of time. I have started to get the same little red bumps on my forehead again and on my back and chest. Along with ur usual whitehead/blackhead on face around noise...I am not a nightmare case of ACNE...but the problem still persists. If anyone has had any of these same symptoms as me with Accutane after being off of it for an extended period of time please let me know. I have friends that did it...have beautiful skin now and no complaints. I on the other hand, feel like I wasted 4 or 5 months of my life being depressed and going thru a living hell. I can not go back to Accutane again.

lol, love to see people started accutane on the same day. its day 4 and i got a new cyst on my nose which sucks but i heard of the initial breakout and stuff so im going to let it rock the boat and see what happens in the following weeks, no side effects so far and im not too happy to confront them but hopefully the dry lips will balance out with my face clearing up all in all my face isnt as oily as it was before and hope for best

peace

dom

i must boast of myself :D

the fourth day of accutane and almost NO initial worsening !!!!!

perhapse due to the topical tazarotene (zorac) which I put every day or every other day (when my skin is too red to apply it).

but I realize that further in the treatment i will have to give up ANY topicals and rely TOTALLY on accutane :?

but I will have finished breaking out by that time :D

No side effects so far. My face is a lot less oily! I'm already getting whiteheads all over plus a few large cysts. My face looks real bad right now, but staying optimistic~

Guest agentx

Man i dont get it, people come here and say "i had oily skin and my doctor put me on 80 mg accutane a day" i mean WAKE the **** UP! :D accutane is for people who are on the edge, who dont give a **** about the side effects and who just cant go out anymore because of thier acne... if you have oily skin go and WASH IT! :D

YES YES YES!

No onset of initial pimpling :D as yet!!!

some ugly whiteheads under my thick goatee beard (but well covert)

but my skin's getting more and more dried out but not a bit irritated (as when I had used tretinoin!)

I'm using my lipstick quite often (unfortunately I can't apply it at school when I teach - English btw :D )

Now I'm gonna go to bed and I've applied Vichy Homme MAG-C - THIS MOISTURISER IS GREEAAT (I didn't even realize before that there were men's cosmetics) - I think it's due to vitamins pure-C and E and magnesium. I recomend it to anybody on Accutane (so far good for me).

But I can't really recognize my brother! He had started Accutane a week before and he's very clear by now! (he had partly-cystic acne on one cheek)

keep you posted

It's been one week.

Got a few new big cysts, but the old ones are dried up and healing. They all become a scab composed of puss and blood before they go away since I started Accutane. I hope they dont scar.

I think the earliness of my initial breakout is because I started with a high dosage, but they all seem to heal faster.

It's been one week.

Got a few new big cysts, but the old ones are dried up and healing. They all become a scab composed of puss and blood before they go away since I started Accutane. I hope they dont scar.

I think the earliness of my initial breakout is because I started with a high dosage, but they all seem to heal faster.

How's everyone else doing after week 1?

I'm doing fine so far. I'm trying really hard to not look for any results right now. I've had two new pimples but I don't really know if that's the "intial breakout" or just my regular acne. My lips are slightly dry but no big deal, and I when I take baths I now use Nutreogena Rain Bath Oil to help keep my skin moisturized. It's great stuff. I don't know that my skin is that much dryer either, I still wake up with it oily in the morning so.....

so that's all for now.

I think it's great that we all started around the same time. Maybe we should keep a group journal or something :?:

started accutane 3 days ago and my face feels like its buring like its sensitive my nose hurts the skin..and my lips are starting to chap....i put on creams ever day but they seem not to work for shit..my skin is still dry..and im bearly on my third day at 40 mgs of accutane..myabe its from the minocin??? i dunno ..but the effects from the minocin were earing off so i went straight on accutane i dont want ance skin please like u all were in this fight tongether i weill post daily updates of how my skin is doing..as right now its amazingly clear..well ..i dunno man but i might be on the drug for 6 months the derm said and my question is

does accutane affect ance scarred skin??

does it make scars less noticable or more noticable?

news from the frontier of the acne battle :evil:

After a week I haven't noticed nothing irregular

just a few irritating whiteheads (not too big tho)

most frequently around my nose and on my chin (where i've got a gotee-beard)

no cysts (fortuantely I haven't had them for a loooong time)

and a potential big pimple is forming right on my forehead (I applied a Argiletz green clay there it should be dried it overnight)

thinking now and then of increasing the dosage (but need a prescr first)

does accutane affect ance scarred skin??

does it make scars less noticable or more noticable?

according to my knowledge - almost NO acne mediacations do help with reducing acne-scars

but I know that tretinoin used topically over a long period of time (4-6 months as i did a year ago - used Acnemycin Plus - it's just GREAT!) not only clears your complexion up but also works on reduction of your scars

so answer for tretinoin is yes

but accutane isn't actually tretinoin... (it's isotretinoin)

and if you wanted accutane to work on scars you would have to take in outrageously high dosages (in my opinion)

i think that the best preparations for scars are Tointex (SmithClineBeecham) and Polish cream Cepan (similar to Tointex + onion fluid extract - stinks but works quite well for fresh scars)

i think that accutane won't make scars more noticeable - there'll be just more scars due to initial breakout - that's all

but as i see not all people have this breakout - my brother (after 2nd week) and I (after 1st week) don't have this (strange- maybe the accutane doesn't affect us)

I'm on my 24th day of accutane:

20 mgs in the morning

40 mgs at night

moisturize morning and night

My results are really somewhat incredible. I had no idea that I would be able to see such a substantial improvement already. I've only had 2 small pimples in the last two weeks and all of my older deep pimples have disappeared leaving just small red skin discolorations. My skin is also incredibly smooth, almost strange really. I kind of compare it to that tight soft skin of a toddler.

Now for the side affects.......

My skin is extremely dry some days, worst around my nose and forehead. My lips also are chapped and sometimes even a little cracked. My skin also tends to be a bit more on the pinker side than usual, I use a moisturizer with spf30 but I can't help but wonder if it's not enough. All of the side effects are fairly minimal and definately controllable when I stay on top of the routine I've set out for myself.

All in all I'm absolutely elated with my progress. I can't believe that I waited 13 years to do this!!!

I'd love to know how everyone else is doing :?:

im on my 21st day of accutane..

im on 20 mg pills twice daily.. soon i will be on 40.. i noticed that my ance has improved.. all the small stubborn pimples are gettins smaller and disappearing. one bad thing.. they are red spots.. and they arent goin away.. im tryin to figure out wut moisturizer to use.. i dunt wanna use one, and switch tha next day.. my face isnt oily anymore as it used to be.. i jus hope these red sports fade soon.. cuz i knda get depressed wen i look in tha mirror sumtimes. becuase i had a habit of looking in the mirror wen i was clear.. if any1 has any suggestions about how to fade the red spots and wut moisturizer to use it would be appriciated.

this is my 27 day on accutane, my back acne is dissipating but my chest and face are still battling, lips are dry, got a few cysts, hate shaving i slice my zits sometimes but hopefully il get upped to 80 and see the end to this misery once and for all right now im taking 40mg once a day in the morning, hopefully it will be 80mg next week let you know in a few weeks how it goes

and for me, I'm also on the 27th day...

but my dosage isn't impressive - only 20 mgs for now (for higher dosing i've ordered a generic online but dunno if id' get it)

I'm pretty clear and i think that's due to supporting accutane with zorac (my derm said it's very advisable cuz tazorac 's boosting the accutane's power ;-)

by-effects

dry lips, dry chin, dry areas around my nose (peeeeling a l ot), slightly dry eyes (I had to decrease the frequency of usage of contact lenses)

but ALMOST CLEAR by now!!!

I also hate shaving especially now- my acne was always accompanied by foliculitis (shaving bumps) - it has gone crazy last week's shave (but again, it bettered this week) I shave twice a week only (how come should I irritate my skin further for a stupid clean shaven look hmmm)

what about your cholesterol an 3glyceride levels??? - mine were tragic at the start of the treatment (on 10Apr) and now theyu're in the norm (4.8 and 0.9) maybe thanks to garlic pills and vitamin pp which are suppose to control fats.

Now I'm thinking of a dose raise - but I still don't know if I decide for 60 mg (40 mg should suit me, maybe with prolonging the treatment period)

IF ANYONES HAS ORDERED FROM WWW.EUROPHARMACY.COM PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY!!!

URGENT!!!

Still on 80 mg .

My face had no more cysts, and face is incredibly smooth.

But my initial breakout left big red marks. Now I'm just working on fading out the red marks with vita-k and neutrogena multi-vitamin cream.

cysts are gone, got some zits my skin is drying it seems that it drys the zits in your face i got injected today and im changing from 1 (40mg a day) to 1 (40mg) in the day and 1 (20mg) at night my blood work was perfect, thank god and hopefully improvement will come