Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I won't comment about PETA as my post will probably get booted, but I will say this. I have a co-worker that drinks atleast a pint of chocolate milk everyday and his face is as clear as day. I, on the other hand do not drink milk (not because it's cruel to cows or whatever those PETA people think) but because I think it tastes nasty and being asian, am fairly lactose intolerant. As one may deduce, I have acne, thus I post to this board. I think it's irrelevant. Come to think of it, most of my friends that do love milk do have clear skin. Maybe my friends are exceptions, but I believe what I see.

-Snake

In my humble opinion milk tastes WAY too good NOT to drink it :cry: Mmmmmm milk (plus I am positive it has no negative effects on my skin).

PETA is a group of radical terrorists. Do I believe in the ethical treatment of animals? Of course! But not if it means violence and terror against scientists and farmers. I'm afraid I can't take any of their campaigns seriously. -Just my 2 c.

Ahhh, those crazy folks at PETA! I'd love to check out their website, but I'm in the middle of dinner.......baby seal burgers, clubbed fresh especially for me! :D

Milk doesn't cause Acne, however, dairy products can contribute to people that are already acne prone in the first place.

Most people that have acne (and are clean people) have it because of excess fat and oil coming through our pores. Dairy, wheat, hydrogenated oils, and animal fat all contribute to this. Some people deal with the excess by getting fat. Others get zits. (yeah, some get both - that kinda sucks, doesn't it?)

I've noticed that I've never met a person with extremely high metabolism that didn't have at least mild acne. Food for thought (no pun intended).

It is POSSIBLE the iodine in milk may be a factor, but the typical American diet is so sodium ridden it would be pointless to worry about milk when you get about 1,200mg's of sodium from potato chips. I myself favor soymilk, for taste, nutrients, and frankly discomfort of drinking cow juice. Not lactose intolerant though.

Uh, milk doesn't 'cause' acne. People that don't have acne now won't develop it if they start drinking more milk. Milk contributes to acne-prone people's skin condition.

There is a lot of scientific research supporting that the staples of western diet (processed carbohydrates and dairy) cause acne. If you want proof, you need look no further than any pacific island nation, where virtually no one has acne of any sort - and the diet consists of fish, fruits & vegetables, and water.

I second that article. I dunno if it's just me but I just recently I began eating oatmeal in the morning. Wasn't a good idea. Broke out and got a few cysts. There is definitely something in milk. So now I stick with my fruit and eggs in the morning.

If only the people at PETA were smart and directed their protests at something worthwhile.

But lately all they have been doing is petitioning some city called Hamburg to change it's name, going to elementary schools and protesting the milk, etc.

With all that money and some of the influence they have (richard gere), if they didn't have such a laughable reputation they could petition congress for a number of things like more frequent inspections of kennels, etc.

To those who have experienced a link with acne and milk, do you see a link with all dairy products (I love cheese but can't stand milk) or just milk?

there are tons and tons of people in the world who are allergic to dairy. just because you don't run to the bathroom after drinking milk doesn't mean you don't have a dairy allergy. so yeah i suppose it can cause acne...if you are allergic.

I drink twice the milk of anyone i know and my face is fine other than a bad breakout 3 weeks ago when i found this site, since then i've never changed my milk intake and my face other than red marks is basically clear.

I think that the cause of pimples is not milk but the hormones fed to the cow .I never had acne when i was in India(my home country).. First, i thought that this was all hormonal .But last month,i visited my country after three years and believe me,i was eating anything i wanted and was using makeup everyday and didn't get a zit.

I think that the cause of pimples is not milk but the hormones fed to the cow .I never had acne when i was in India(my home country).. First, i thought that this was all hormonal .But last month,i visited my country after three years and believe me,i was eating anything i wanted and was using makeup everyday and didn't get a zit.

I have not seen a connection between what I eat and acne, but that it’s in my case. :roll: