Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danielle23

Differin(cream) or Cleocin T?

Hi everybody, I am new! I don't know much about prescription acne medication, but I had my very first visit to the derm. yesterday and he prescribed both of these meds. I just wanted to know if there is anyone that has had good luck with either of these. I am kinda worried because have heard such negative reviews about differin. (heard it doesn't do anything)

Btw: I have mild acne flare ups and very sensitive skin.

Thanks for your help and nice to meet all of you! :cry:

Hey I have been on these for about a month now. I am very pleased with the results of the Differin(I am using the gel). I don't use a lot of the CleocinT because it had a lot of alcohol in it and I already have dry skin. What I have been doing is using the Differin at night and the Cleocin T only on the breakouts. I mostly had clogged pores and blackheads and it really helped bring the stuff up to the surface of my skin. It does cause some breakouts in the begining of use but for me they didn't last very long. Good Luck with it.

I am so happy to hear that it works for you. I am at the breakout phase now (first week using it) but on the bright side, my skin feels great overall... I don't have flakies and irritation like I did using the over the counter stuff. The best part is my skin feels great and kinda glowing ('cept for the breakout, lol). Anyways I can't decide if it is the Differin that is making my skin feel healthy or Cetaphil regime, either way so far so good. I would like to post some pics in the next couple weeks, but I'll need help..Later:)