Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I’m on day 19, taken 18 pills so far, 19th tonight. I really haven’t had much in terms of the “worst break out you’ll ever get.� I was told most people get that and normally in the second week. Am I safe? I had a semi bad break out about day 8 or 10, but far from worst ever. I must say the worst part is the lips, but I have Vaseline lip therapy, so that helps.

My other question is, are there any multivitamins without vitamin A? I have been looking online with no results. I may try asking my local vitamin or GNC. I can live with paying their inflated prices for another two months to have my vitamins back. If not I’m buying a two month supply of vitamin B complex and C. How soon after I’m off accutane is it ok to start taking vitamin A? Couple days or Week, etc.?

My initial breakout took place around week six. I think this had a lot to do with the fact that I started my first month on twenty milligrams than went up to forty milligrams the next. I am just one of those rarities that has a bad reaction to high doses of Accutane.

I know you are going to think I am out of my mind for recommending this but it is a multi-vitamin without Vitamin A. It is called F.A.S.T. and it is a hair growth supplement that contains:

Niacin; Folic Acid; Vitamin B12; Biotin; DiPantothenic Acid (Calcium DiPantothenic); Iron; Iodine; Zinc; Maganese (Maganese Sulfate); Choline Biatrate; Inositol; Para Amino Benzoic Acid and; Fenugeek Seed Extract 4:1

Still, it would probably cost you less to go to any local pharmacy and buy Vitamin B Complex and a bottle of Ester-C or just plain Vitamin C. Personally, I can’t stand GNC because the counter people (at least where I live) are always trying to push something on you that is expensive and you don’t need. Additional supplements I would suggest while taking Accutane are Evening Primrose Oil (or Vitamin E) to keep you hydrated and Milk Thistle and Dandelion Root to protect your liver.

Regulate hormones, provide energy, speed up metabolism, and some people claim that Vitamin B5 is just as effective on acne as Eythromycin. It overall isn't a bad vitamin to take considering the price.

My initial breakout took place around week six.  I think this had a lot to do with the fact that I started my first month on twenty milligrams than went up to forty milligrams the next.  I am just one of those rarities that has a bad reaction to high doses of Accutane. 

I know you are going to think I am out of my mind for recommending this but it is a multi-vitamin without Vitamin A.  It is called F.A.S.T. and it is a hair growth supplement that contains:

Niacin; Folic Acid; Vitamin B12; Biotin; DiPantothenic Acid (Calcium DiPantothenic); Iron; Iodine; Zinc; Maganese (Maganese Sulfate); Choline Biatrate; Inositol; Para Amino Benzoic Acid and; Fenugeek Seed Extract 4:1

Still, it would probably cost you less to go to any local pharmacy and buy Vitamin B Complex and a bottle of Ester-C or just plain Vitamin C.  Personally, I can’t stand GNC because the counter people (at least where I live) are always trying to push something on you that is expensive and you don’t need.  Additional supplements I would suggest while taking Accutane are Evening Primrose Oil (or Vitamin E) to keep you hydrated and Milk Thistle and Dandelion Root to protect your liver.

supplement that contains:

Lurker: I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful to you. If you do come across a multi without Vitamin A in your journeys, however, be sure to post that information here. Any vitamin/supplement/‘taner freak like myself would really appreciate it.

Hey MS! How is your treatment going? Personally, I waited as long as I could before visiting my extremely flamboyant and ever-so-image-conscious hairdresser due to my acne and I guess having four inches hacked off the end is what I get for being so self-conscious. I stopped taking the one supplement that I bought since I found out it was basically whey protein and I was gaining weight. (The joy never ends: acne or dry skin; overweight or underweight; long unhealthy hair vs. hair that’s too short for me!)

Anyway, I think the Accutane is basically stunting my hair growth but I am still taking the other bottle of supplements plus my slew of other vitamins, etc., every day. I need to remind myself that it’s Winter and hair growth slows way down this time of year. Either way, it does look really healthy and I got a lot of my natural curl back at this new length. We really need to wait until Spring before we see good results. In the meantime, take better care of yourself and get rid of those dead ends. Oh, and if you’re not using it already, any shampoo or conditioner by Matrix is excellent for your hair. Also, bathing at night helps keep your hair less brittle since you don’t need to use the blow-dryer and you aren’t pulling a brush through wet hair.

PS Cumulatively speaking I’m at the end of month four but my dose is slow low it might-as-well be month two.

Lurker:  I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful to you.  If you do come across a multi without Vitamin A in your journeys, however, be sure to post that information here.  Any vitamin/supplement/‘taner freak like myself would really appreciate it.