Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

For any of those skeptical.... diet was the cure

havent posted here in awhile. I basically took the http://www.freeacnebook.com/ sample diet and it worked wonders for me. No more irritating my skin with soaps. Now its just basically spraying my face with water and using some seaseme seed oil as a "lotion".

I guess you can add me to the list of people whove tried everything except diet, when diet all along was the problem.

I'm serious here, be strict with the diet and after just 3 days you'll see improvements. first 2 days you may breakout, but after that the next days are smooth sailing. Mind over matter folks... Just do it.

havent posted here in awhile. I basically took the http://www.freeacnebook.com/ sample diet and it worked wonders for me. No more irritating my skin with soaps. Now its just basically spraying my face with water and using some seaseme seed oil as a "lotion".

I guess you can add me to the list of people whove tried everything except diet, when diet all along was the problem.

I'm serious here, be strict with the diet and after just 3 days you'll see improvements. first 2 days you may breakout, but after that the next days are smooth sailing. Mind over matter folks... Just do it.

Thank you SO much for mentioning this! smile.gif

Congrats! eusa_clap.gif

I'm definitely going to give this diet thing a shot. Am just wondering, did it help with blackheads/congestion?

i defintely recommend using some bottled water to at least splash your face everynight, and using the sesame seed oil as a moisturzing lotion.

Youll see improvements in the amount of oil in a matter of days. You may break out initially because of the "new foods" and you may even go to the bathroom more than "normal" but the diet really gives me tons of energy.... Now be forewarned, you will be spending a whole lot of money on fresh fruit now that in the US its wintertime. I hope for price breaks in the weeks to come.

I usually consume in one full day:

2 oranges

2 apples

a lb. of grapes

an avocado

2 tomatoes

1 cucmber

1 banana

1 Raw Egg Yolk

1/2 cup of brazil nuts

and a combination of peaches, nectarines, strawberries, mangos or honeydew (whatever I have available)

Remeber, no LETTUCE for your salads.

Honestly, you're looking at 6 dollars a day MAXIMUM dead in the middle of winter as your spendings. You spend 6 bucks on a cheeseburger meal that requires 2-3 more meals later. so you really do save.

Wow, thanks for all that! smile.gif

I'm in Australia...so i guess the fruit will be a little cheaper since it's summer?

Cool, so you'd say it DOES help with congestion? *hopes!*

I'm starting tomorrow! biggrin.gif Even if this doesn't help my skin, at least i'll be really healthy!

*confused* NO lettuce?! Isn't that suppposed to be part of the salad??

That diet is excellent. Similar to what I do. Kittenxo, good luck, im sure it'll do something. Diet is where its at man. "You are what you eat" remember.

I'm assuming you've experienced positive results?

If so, congrats! smile.gif

P.S Do you know anything about this lettuce thing?

Dude, you are not eating enough food. Nearly any dietary change that includes a dramatic reduction in total calories will improve acne in the short term, especially if it includes all natural foods. Funny thing, I have found that (for myself) any dietary change that includes eating dramatically more calories (especially if they are from whole/natural sources) will improve acne in the short term also. This is one of my personal peeves with the more radical acne diets. You will not stay on this diet, as you will get tired of trumpeting smelly water out of your be-hind.

"diet" to me doesn't mean following a guideline of the same foods everyday to get rid of acne forever. Diet, is day to day everyday all the time to maintain good health, including clear skin. Eating proper foods everday, and eating that good stuff once in a while is okay to. From experience i know it is impossible or hopeless to try to eat the same thing everday forever. You have to eat all different foods but they have to be healthy.

From the past, this is what I've concluded. If you want to be healthy, clear skin nice body whatever. It is 100% obvious diet is going to be a huge factor. To stay on track and eat healthy the trick is, not to think about it. Really, don't wake up every morning and "plan" what you are going to eat and have it running through your mind. This just leads to you eating other junk. Thinking about or even panicing about what you should eat will drive you no where. You have to not think about it, and just do it. Instead of thinking for a long time what you should eat and such, you know what the bad stuff is, so dont eat it.

and No sorry kitten, I don't know about the lettuce. I always thought it was good?

Also, dieting is a slow process. I really hate it when people say that they followed a specefic diet for a week or something and it worked perfect. Diet should be something you should be prepared to do for a long period of time. The human body will adapt to new settings (in this case eating less junk) quickly, but that does not mean a diet for a week will make you clear up or lose weight. This is very common because a person will tell someone that yes it will work within a week blah blah, then that person will try the diet and not see any results? This leads to feeling crappy or sad that it didn't work which then leads to giving up.

hey does this diet mention anything about caffiene??should we still drink green tea which has caffiene in it??

I must say that it is an extreme diet. but its healthy, you lose weight, you have more energy, and it clears your skin.

I'd recommend reading this sample diet page:

http://www.freeacnebook.com/SampleDiet.htm

Sometimes in life you have to sacrifice certain things. Some people sacrifice less and gain more than others, but everyone is different. Life is full of sacrifices....... Giving up breads to better your skin health just might be one of them. It's like the study of economics. Is the oppurntunity cost of not eating the foods that taste great (breads and french fries) worth the cost of eatting "plain tasting" foods and feeling great?

Also, theres a clear sign of whether you're eating enough or not and that is headaches. Also, maitaining the fat and sugar balance is key.

Just read up on it at their website.

I've now incorporated oatmeal and grilled fish into my diet. slow progression. Read the QandA. This diet is not for everyone. I'm not saying that DIET was the only thing holding me back from clear skin, but I mainly think it was the digestion of the foods I ate and how my body reacted. now with eating better foods, digestion is better and I feel great.

Regarding lettuce, heres her response in the q&a

http://www.freeacnebook.com/AcneQandA.htm

:16) Are salads okay, lettuce, cucumber, etc...?

Yes, but NO dressing from a bottle etc., just olive oil and fresh herbs like chives.

But no other greens than lettuce, since they are harder to digest. Almost all greens / vegetables are leaves, containing all kind of enzyme-inhibitors that can impair your digestion. That is why animals that eat leaves have a specialized (pre)digestion system.

Sacrifices people..... its key... like i said earlier some people are lucky and dont have to sacrifice much to get the results they want. those are usually the skinny clear skinned people. but many other people have to make a change and sacrifice something to gain.

[i"]Bob wrote:

20) Wai- Your diet sounds wonderful but I love meat!

How bad do you want to eliminate the acne?

Heated-in-whatever-way animal food is the worst for your skin. (My boyfriend actually eats RAW beef, but I cannot recommend that)"

I just wanted to add, the sample diet is supposed to be radical because it supplies you with the basic foods that are known NOT to cause acne.

"To Pete

39) It seems very difficult to follow though, and not really that tasty, to be honest.

That is because this is only a 'sample-diet', it is not the real diet, it is not designed to be tasty, but to effectively prove to you that it works to get rid of acne.

Wait till you've read the munch-food recipes in the book. Once you have made 100% sure, you can start adding the least harmful, but delicious munch-foods in the REAL diet.

But yes, it is very true; it takes quite some determination to get rid of your acne!

I'm just supplying you with the opportunity to do so, you are the one who has to make it actually happen! "

100% of my questions were answered on her website.

not good for anyone who wants to have a good physique, how much protein per day do you get with that? Like 15g maybe? It's nice to have clear skin, but i'm not gonna ignore everything else on my body to get rid of a few spots.

raw egg yolk has tons of protein. I consume anywhere from 60 to 150 grams of protein a day.

add in some fish and chicken and you're up at a great level to gain body mass. you definetly dont have to eat just fruits to get protein.

one cup of raw egg yolk has nearly 30 grams of protein.

Add in one avocado, one banana, one cup of egg yolk, and a cup of brazil nuts and youve got nearly 60 grams of protein.

Then you add in more oranges and grapes and fruits.

This diet covers everything.

I dont completly understand the diet. So you eat fruits all day as much as you want, a salad that consists of one tomato, a cucumber, avacado salad with lots of olive oil?

I'd like to point out that there has been no main stream scientific proof that diet has anything to do with acne. Personally i think it is bullshit. But, goodluck , to each his own

Jimmy, when it sias eat fat after u eat fruit what food are you eating to get this fat. I like trying all different kinds of diets and seeing if they work im willing to try this one. That list you made at the beginning for one day consumption, will that work?

Hey blackbetty. Rule # 3 on her site:

"3) You should eat some Brazil nuts (only if shelled by hand), avocado or a few bites of the salad that is covered with sufficient olive oil after every time you have eaten some fruits / fresh juices. This to stabilize the blood sugar level. (as a guideline: roughly 1 gram fat for every 2 grams carbs; check this list)"

http://www.freeacnebook.com/SampleDiet.htm

The list of food I posted will work but it doesn't need to be followed precisely. There are hundreds of different fruits to eat. Not just apples, oranges, and banana's.

Just remember if you eat an orange and an apple, eat some "fat" to stabalize your blood sugar. Eat 4-5 brazil nuts or a whole cucumber. When I eat one orange I follow up with a tomatoe with some olive oil on it.

Just for an example of a typical lunch sequence I would consume one tomatoe, one cucumber, and one avocado all mixed in a bowl with some olive oil, and then maybe a pear, an apple, and a kiwi.

An hour later maybe another orange and then 4 brazil nuts. I Don't stay too strict and let this diet take over my life. i just basically follow the 1 gram of fat for every 2 gram of sugar (carbs)

ahhh i seee. thatsss cool. I don't eat raw eggs though haha

But I'll do everything else and see. You also lost a sufficent amount of weight?

and it's fine to eat tomatoe and cucumber as the fat? or how bout carrotts? or vegetable cocktail

http://www.3.waisays.com/carbs-fat.htm

ACtually not just tomatoe's and cucmbers are enough. in my opinion, those taste the best when topped with olive oil. I guess you could drink olive oil to get enough fat if you wanted to. Look at the botton of that list.

Most of the time its just a tomatoe, cucumber, avocado salad with olive oil on top.

On this diet, you needs your fats. and if you arent using raw egg yolk as your source, you should eat more nuts and consume more olive oil and avocado.

ps, egg yokl has no taste. It's a quick 5 second step in your eating regime.