Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on Tazorac for 4 months now and i must say that this stuff works. I have no active acne on my face right now, just mostly red marks left over from previous acne. When I actually do get a pimple, they usually go away within 1-2 days. I've been using Vita-K to help with the red marks, its working somewhat. I'd just like to thank everyone on this board for helping me out through this long and horrible process of acne. Im grateful for this site, without it, i might still have never heard about Tazorac. To all those people who still suffer from acne, hang in there because i feel for you. Before i went on Tazorac, I had never really had major acne until this past breakout i had. My confedince level was down at the ground. I didnt want to go anywhere with my friends or my family cause I got the idea that everytime I talked to someone, that they were just starring at my face instead into my eyes :oops: . But I came soon to realize that maybe that breakout was a wakeup call to me. I used to always look at people's faces and think man that must suck to have that, well i found out real quick. But now I'm more considerate of people's acne cause i know what they're going through. But I think the major thing it has impacted me on is what I'm choosing to do for my life. Every visit to the dermatologist got me more and more interested into that perfession and now im looking to become a dermatologist. It's a long road, i know, but im always up to a challenge. :cry:

So for everyone out there who suffers from acne, if you havent tried tazorac, give a try becuase you never know. I will check on this site from time to time but not very often, so if anyone has a question, please email me at [email protected] and I'd be more than happy to chat or answer questions.

Later j_bo12

Hey man, Im in the same boat as you just about. I've been on tazorac for 3 months now. I just got done with a little breakout, which is probably from my antibiotic. I WAS on Dynacin, but my derm switched it to Doryx a few days ago. Thats why in my post i was a little angry because i got a few new little pimples from the switch of antibiotics. Anyways...the pimples are all gone now, and i have like 3 healing pimples (red marks). So far it seems pretty good.

Just had a question, when did YOU stop breaking out and getting new acne? I dont know, but i have a feeling im done with getting pimples. My face has also gotten REALLY used to tazorac; so much that i BARELY even need to use a moisturizer in the morning. I dont even use moisturizer at night either.

I wonder what the next step is after we're clear from tazorac? I wouldn't really want to stay on this stuff... i just want to be all natural and just wash with soap and water. I've heard that most people just stay on tazorac for a long while, but i think those people are older than me (im 18 ), and i think that i will outgrow my normal teenage acne. By the way, i had light-mild acne to start with soo. Im also worried about going in the sun with all these medications. I dont know what to do because i will not use a sunscreen, and im out in the sun at least 15 hours a week unprotected. Im usually fine and never burn ever! But ive heard stories with tazorac...Maybe i'll just use it every other night in the summer, i dont know? Any recomendations?? And dont tell me to just wear a sunscreen because i wont, i will forget or something lol

THANKS

I stopped getting pimples about two weeks ago, but i still get maybe on small one here and there but go away in about a day. I'm guessing the next step is to gradually grow down to just using a bp topical, but dont quote me on that. Im going to the derm in about two weeks so im just going to ask him about that one. Yeah i never use sunscreen cause i want my face to get tanned so the red marks wont be so visible on pale white face. Just NEVER use tazorac in the morning and then go out into the sun, it will irritate your face really bad which may lead to new breakouts.

oh, yes i know...i only use tazorac at night. I use clindagel in the morning, but thats nothing big, it actually acts as a moisturizer sort of. Plus i'll only put on the clindagel when i dont goto the beach/in the sun.

J_bo, do u have any experience with sun exposure and tazorac? How did your skin react? Im just worried because all these people on here are like DONT GO IN THE SUN, Your face will be beat red and you can't do anything about it!! Im not sure if i believe them. I mean...im dont have pale skin. I have naturally dark italian skin that doesnt burn ever really. I just get dark. But i dont know, maybe my face will be extremely red in the summer?? I hope not!

There was one day were i was in the sun for about 6 hours and i didnt get beat red. I got a bit red sure but thats because im was getting a bit tanned. I'm italian too i just have a pale white face right now cause over here in ca theres a lot of fog and during the winter the sun isnt out a lot so my tan wore off. I dont think it would get beat red just a bit red. Im not putting on any sunscreen cause i want my face tanned.

Ive been on trazorac for 8 months.

I still flake, my skin is super smooth, and 10% of my scars have gone, due to the dying of the first layer of my skin and it replinishing

im also on monocylcin for 8 months too.

Awesome..

Ive been on trazorac for 8 months.

I still flake, my skin is super smooth, and 10% of my scars have gone, due to the dying of the first layer of my skin and it replinishing

im also on monocylcin for 8 months too.

Awesome..

Do you think tazorac would help my old scars. They are on both my arms and it looks awful..I need help bad. I am 45 and still break out. Picking at it has caused my scarring. I wonder how long i would need to use it for old scarring.

No, it only works for shallow scarring, and smoothing out of scars. Because if you got some rough scar it'll soften it up. But i dont think it'll work for you, if its deep scars, if its shallow sure. But this is my face and my face peels, not sure about your arm.